NFL 2021-22

Interesting.....

From ESPN.....

PITTSBURGH -- Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores has a new home.

The Pittsburgh Steelers announced the hire of Flores, who is suing the NFL and three teams, as a defensive assistant and linebackers coach Saturday.

"I am excited about Brian Flores joining our coaching staff given his history of developing and teaching defensive players during his time in the NFL," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said in a news release. "Brian's resume speaks for itself, and I look forward to him adding his expertise to help our team."

Flores and Bisaccia both deserved better jobs. And Leftwich didn't deserve what happened in Jacksonville, though I think Doug Pederson was the better option.

Interesting.....

From ESPN.....

PITTSBURGH -- Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores has a new home.

The Pittsburgh Steelers announced the hire of Flores, who is suing the NFL and three teams, as a defensive assistant and linebackers coach Saturday.

"I am excited about Brian Flores joining our coaching staff given his history of developing and teaching defensive players during his time in the NFL," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said in a news release. "Brian's resume speaks for itself, and I look forward to him adding his expertise to help our team."

That's racist, they should have hired an Asian instead :rolleyes:

This is very interesting. I don't think Aikman is going to MNF to sit beside any of the current analysts, nor Steve Levy.

Is Al Michaels the next shoe to drop here?

So Amazon NFL games require a membership, no? If so, I guess they lost me. Part of what made the NFL great was the fact it’s on OTA TV.

So Amazon NFL games require a membership, no? If so, I guess they lost me. Part of what made the NFL great was the fact it’s on OTA TV.

Amazon Prime membership, yes. This is Thursday Night Football, which has been at just about every other NFL partner network. They all decided they didn't want the package this time around. It's not entirely different than when the games were on NFL Network, which had limited cable distribution at the time and was an extra buy for most cable subscribers.

Amazon Prime membership, yes. This is Thursday Night Football, which has been at just about every other NFL partner network. They all decided they didn't want the package this time around. It's not entirely different than when the games were on NFL Network, which had limited cable distribution at the time and was an extra buy for most cable subscribers.

Yeah, I didn’t mind the Thursday Night package previously but don’t have much support for Amazon & don’t feel like it’s worth paying for when there’s typically college football, NBA often on during those Thursday’s.

Yeah, I didn’t mind the Thursday Night package previously but don’t have much support for Amazon & don’t feel like it’s worth paying for when there’s typically college football, NBA often on during those Thursday’s.
I wish the NFL hadn’t taken over Thursday nights at all tbh. Before they started TNF college football had a pretty good slate of Thursday games and over time they’ve become mostly crap because ESPN doesn’t want to compete against the League.

I wish the NFL hadn’t taken over Thursday nights at all tbh. Before they started TNF college football had a pretty good slate of Thursday games and over time they’ve become mostly crap because ESPN doesn’t want to compete against the League.

I enjoyed Thursday Night Football but paying like what $100-$139 for an Amazon Prime membership to watch football is ridiculous. Guess you gotta support your local sports bar instead? 🤷‍♂️

NBA on TNT was much better on Thursdays I thought

I enjoyed Thursday Night Football but paying like what $100-$139 for an Amazon Prime membership to watch football is ridiculous. Guess you gotta support your local sports bar instead? 🤷‍♂️

NBA on TNT was much better on Thursdays I thought
I'll just pay $15 for 3 months. I'd spend twice as much watching one game at the sports bar.

I'll just pay $15 for 3 months. I'd spend twice as much watching one game at the sports bar.

Maybe, but there’s a lot of other business out there to support than Amazon. I’m not a fan of more football being taken off OTA TV.

Kelly Stafford should have had it done here in California where the pros go to get the Golden Globes with the extended warranty. :D
Kelly Stafford on regretting her breast implants: 'It was 2 balloons on my chest' (yahoo.com)
I don't like the balloons either they are not pleasantly soft either, about the size of a cantaloupe and just as firm or hard as one that hasn't been peeled.

I love skinny wimmins but those big old balloons look ridiculous on an otherwise beautiful little body.

Ray Rice beat up his fiance, two game suspension.

Greg Hardy beat up his girlfriend, four game suspension.

Adrian Peterson, suspended for six games for child abuse.

Ezekiel Elliott, six game suspension for hitting woman.

Betting on games, smoking weed, or kneeling during the national anthem merit much harsher penalties apparently.

Betting on games, smoking weed, or kneeling during the national anthem merit much harsher penalties apparently.

Don't forget four games for Tom Brady for deflated footballs

Don't forget four games for Tom Brady for deflated footballs
The NFL wanted to suspend him for a full year too.

Stupidest damn "scandal" ever. He was literally suspended for beating the Colts in the AFC Championship. The facts of that case didn't matter, he beat the Colts and that's unacceptable. Anytime you beat the Colts, it has to be because of cheating.

This is a cheap point and obtuse. Gambling has always been a red line for all sports due to how involvement among participants directly affects the integrity of the competition itself.

It's quite obvious why off field criminal and domestic matters are handled differently.

6BA4ADA7-8E57-4CD2-9DE3-D707A6E793E4.jpeg

Then complain about how light those penalties are. Gambling as a player is unacceptable.

If you let players bet on the outcome of games, you'd literally be jeopardizing the entire legitimacy of the league. He's lucky he didn't get a lifetime ban, especially considering it's been reported he placed bets on Falcons games.

I heard rumors that the Bears offered three 1st-rd picks for Wilson, and that the Washington Commies offered AT LEAST four 1st-rd picks for Wilson, and Seattle declined both offers. Keeping that in mind (if they are true), here is what Denver gave up for Wilson.....

Seahawks Receive:
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Drew Lock
Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:
Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

I honestly expected Seattle to get more. The Broncos didn't have to give up any of their premier young players like Jeudy or Surtain. I would call that a clear win for Denver.

I honestly expected Seattle to get more. The Broncos didn't have to give up any of their premier young players like Jeudy or Surtain. I would call that a clear win for Denver.
I'm a Hawks fan, and I think it's a pretty good deal for Seattle, Russell was becoming a distraction over the last 2 years.

I'm shocked Rodgers is staying AND that, from his mouth, he will be taking a team-friendly deal. The reported 4 years / $200 million is false. If I had to guess it will be he plays through 2023 and then retires. I don't see beyond 2023 reasonable because he was supposedly extremely close to retiring a couple weeks ago.

I'm shocked Rodgers is staying AND that, from his mouth, he will be taking a team-friendly deal. The reported 4 years / $200 million is false. If I had to guess it will be he plays through 2023 and then retires. I don't see beyond 2023 reasonable because he was supposedly extremely close to retiring a couple weeks ago.

I don't know about the reported deal being false and him taking a team-friendly deal. Rodgers has always been and will always be about the money.

He's got Adams because the Packers franchise tagged him. It's going to be very hard for them to get any other talent that's not tagged or under contract around him.

Tom Brady wanted rings. Aaron Rodgers wants the money.

I heard rumors that the Bears offered three 1st-rd picks for Wilson, and that the Washington Commies offered AT LEAST four 1st-rd picks for Wilson, and Seattle declined both offers. Keeping that in mind (if they are true), here is what Denver gave up for Wilson.....

Seahawks Receive:
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Drew Lock
Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:
Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

I don't know how to assess this trade. Obviously it depends on how Wilson rebounds after a tough couple years, and if he still can play at an elite level. The Broncos' gamble makes sense given how long they've been in the QB wilderness. It is also clear that they wanted Rodgers more, and that the timing of this deal right after the Rodgers staying in GB news leaked is no coincidence.

The Seahawks are facing a rebuild anyway, so it's probably better to part with Wilson now while he is still worth such a package. When were those rumored offers you're referencing made?

Back
Top Bottom