NFL 2023-2024

When I saw the score, I was wondering if he was even playing with how lopsided the game appears to be.
Doug Pederson and Press Taylor destroyed Trevor Lawrence just like they destroyed Carson Wentz.

This is why the Eagles cleaned out a few years ago. And look at them now.

And Trent Baalke. This is why the 49ers fired him several years ago, and look at them now.

Signing Trevor Lawrence to a $50 million/year deal would be more catastrophic than when they gave Blake Bortles, then Nick Foles, those big contracts.

CJ Beathard needs to start from here on out.

Gotta do what gives you the best chance of winning when you’re playing for a playoff spot. Trevor Lawrence doesn’t give us the best chance of winning.

Detroit might have a better shot at a win next weekend than I originally thought. Just depends on which Detroit and Dallas team actually show up.

Not a fan of NFL games on Christmas. I don’t love the NBA product, but that was a good day to showcase your product.
I tend to agree, next year is a Wednesday so it won’t be an issue at all. One game is cool but I think a tripleheader is a bit much.

I have never hated a team more than I hate this year’s Jaguars.

At least I went into the whole Urban Meyer experience with low expectations.

Carolina gonna win by 20 next week and nobody will get fired.

CJ Beathard needs to start from here on out.

Gotta do what gives you the best chance of winning when you’re playing for a playoff spot. Trevor Lawrence doesn’t give us the best chance of winning.
Maybe not while he’s banged up and concussed. There’s not much doubt in my mind he’s nowhere near 100%.

Maybe not while he’s banged up and concussed. There’s not much doubt in my mind he’s nowhere near 100%.

I admire his grit, and the fact that he is hurt is why I put all this on Doug Pederson.

Not only could this cost the Jags a playoff spot, it could cost a first round pick if the NFL launches an investigation like they did with Miami.

Hyperbole aside, Beathard needs to start here on out because you gotta protect a franchise QB who is about to get a $50 million/year contract. The Jags aren’t winning a Super Bowl this year. And, with that offensive line, which includes Luke Fortner, who just might be the worst player in the NFL, he’s going to keep getting hurt.

I’m done with Doug Pederson and Press Taylor. They turned Carson Wentz into a bust too.

Not a fan of NFL games on Christmas. I don’t love the NBA product, but that was a good day to showcase your product.

Yeah, the NBA had a nice location carved out there and were the only game in town. Then Walmart moved in across the street.

Nothing stands a chance against the NFL, but it doesn't help that the NBA continues to devalue their regular season. The NFL would almost be foolish to not dominate Christmas as well, when it's there for the taking. Christmas Day games could attract even more viewers than Thanksgiving if the right late season games land there.

Yeah, the NBA had a nice location carved out there and were the only game in town. Then Walmart moved in across the street.

Nothing stands a chance against the NFL, but it doesn't help that the NBA continues to devalue their regular season. The NFL would almost be foolish to not dominate Christmas as well, when it's there for the taking. Christmas Day games could attract even more viewers than Thanksgiving if the right late season games land there.

I agree, but having more NFL games on days like Christmas devalues the Sunday Ticket option. Not wrong about Walmart.

"I can't go out there, do it, Press can't do it. Mike Caldwell can't. The players, at some point, have to have enough pride to not try to turn it over. They're not trying to turn the ball over. But there has to be a sense of urgency, the ball security to protect the football and it's not there right now."

Maybe don’t put a concussed, injured QB on the field behind the worst offensive line in football, Doug.

Same damn **** he did in Philadelphia. He’s gonna lose the locker room protecting his boy Press. And he’s gonna blame it all on Trevor Lawrence after he finishes breaking every bone in the kid’s body.

So done with this ****.

Remember when you said we were dumb for firing him...

I have to say, Andy’s dedication to the Jaguars is pretty unmatched and hilarious (given there aren’t any). Much better than his racing opinions lol.

I’m fine with Christmas Eve games. Shouldn’t play Christmas Day though.

It's pointless to have a personal opinion about it. The NFL is going to do it because they can, and most of us are going to watch the games.

Meh, I have been spending a lot less $$ and watching less on streaming & TV.

I think the direction of the NFL is headed the wrong-way with the 17 game schedule. Truly, the MLB is the only league making changes that are making things better.

Too bad only One Person doesn’t make a difference, it has to be a mass sheeple amount.

Amazon Prime & ESPN+ & NFL Network are fine streaming options for the NFL, but it gets to be a bit much with Peacock. Oh well.

Meh, I have been spending a lot less $$ and watching less on streaming & TV.

I think the direction of the NFL is headed the wrong-way with the 17 game schedule. Truly, the MLB is the only league making changes that are making things better.

Too bad only One Person doesn’t make a difference, it has to be a mass sheeple amount.

There are a lot of areas in which the NFL is ripe for criticism: the terrible officiating and their carelessness toward it, hamfisted "player safety" initiatives and their awful record on hiding the reality of brain injuries until they couldn't anymore, and so on.

One of them is not their business acumen, and how much better they've been at growing their league for the past three decades than every other league. It's not even close.

I sometimes observe that their ever-expanding slate of prime time and standalone games leaves some traditional Sunday windows awfully barren. That's a valid concern, but there is no actual empirical evidence yet of oversaturation or lack of demand.

Its only a matter of time until it's 2-3 preseason games and an 18-game regular season. Even then, it will remain the shortest professional sports season on the calendar.

I admire his grit, and the fact that he is hurt is why I put all this on Doug Pederson.

Not only could this cost the Jags a playoff spot, it could cost a first round pick if the NFL launches an investigation like they did with Miami.

Hyperbole aside, Beathard needs to start here on out because you gotta protect a franchise QB who is about to get a $50 million/year contract. The Jags aren’t winning a Super Bowl this year. And, with that offensive line, which includes Luke Fortner, who just might be the worst player in the NFL, he’s going to keep getting hurt.

I’m done with Doug Pederson and Press Taylor. They turned Carson Wentz into a bust too.
I think they can afford to sit him at home against Carolina, and then hopefully he’s well-rested for the big game @ Tennessee, which won’t be easy by any means.

Quite frankly there’ve been plenty of players who’ve been checked out in the sidelines after a seemingly concussive play and then gone on to make some very boneheaded decisions immediately after. Even this weekend Michael Pittman decided not to go for the Colts after clearing protocol. Lawrence has gotten beat up so much the past few weeks he’s gotta be playing well below his potential.

Detroit might have a better shot at a win next weekend than I originally thought. Just depends on which Detroit and Dallas team actually show up.
The Cowboys are such a different team at home than on the road. If the Lions can be competitive and even win next weekend I’ll be super impressed.

Also makes it that much bigger that they’ve seemingly handed the East to the Eagles now.

Also makes it that much bigger that they’ve seemingly handed the East to the Eagles now
I don't trust the Eagles to not let them stay in it even with the schedule

The Broncos aren't just pissing down their legs the last two weeks after their epic comeback from a 1-5 start. They're about to drown in it.

There is no organization or team with worse fans than the Denver Broncos. Time to turn this waste of a time sport off.

The Broncos aren't just pissing down their legs the last two weeks after their epic comeback from a 1-5 start. They're about to drown in it.

They got their wake up call and responded. Really great stuff from Russ those last two drives.

Another game going down to the wire and being better than it had any business being.

I don't trust the Eagles to not let them stay in it even with the schedule
As much as the Eagles seem to play down to competition, there’s no way they should lose to the woefully overmatched Giants. Arizona could be interesting with Gannon going up against his previous team but especially at home should still be a Philly win.

Back
Top Bottom