NFL 2023-2024

In addition to what an all around awesome person he is, Watson is a real piece of work with these repeated facemask grabs where he holds on and tries to sling the defender by the head.

Sack and fumble for a TD is both well deserved and the only way the Steelers were going to score.

Last three regular season Monday Nights:

- Damar Hamlin goes into cardiac arrest and collapses on the field

- Aaron Rodgers tears his ACL four plays into his Jets tenure

- Nick Chubb sustains a possibly career ending knee injury

MNF has been brutal.
It's was a few Mondays ago, but I think Joe Theismann ended his career on MNF also.

The Nick Chubb injury was absolutely nasty, ****. Hopefully that’s not a career-ender.

I'm a hardcore Browns fan, and Nick Chubb is my favorite player. Possibly my all-time favorite NFL player, and considering he played for Georgia (I'm a Florida fan), that should tell you a lot about how much I admire the man. Needless to say it was a sad night for me.

Also, Deshaun Watson blows. He's not nearly as good as he was ever cracked up to be. His highlight reel from Houston is actually a Deandre Hopkins highlight reel, and the year he "led the league" in passing, the team went 4-12. The dude used to be a pretty decent QB, sure, but his stats were inflated from garbage time completions against prevent defenses. He was never elite, he was never a top 5 QB in this league.

Watson never wanted to come to Cleveland. When he demanded a trade and narrowed it down to Atlanta and Carolina (because apparently the NFL is now the NBA and players get to choose their destinations), Jimmy Haslam did what he always does, he hit the panic button and decided to meddle. He told Cleveland's GM (Andrew Berry) to do whatever it takes to acquire him. So the Browns send several premium draft picks to Houston, sleazeball Jimmy writes a fat check from his corrupt Flying J account, and Watson's agent tells him he's an idiot if he turns down $230 million guaranteed.

So, now here we are. We have an offense that actually looked pretty damn good last year with Jacoby frickin' Brissett (a career journeyman backup), yet has been a complete disaster ever since our "franchise QB" took over. I hate Watson's play on the field, I hate that he's an unapologetic sexual predator, and I hate that we are stuck with him. I would trade Watson for Brissett or Mayfield straight up in a heartbeat.

F*** Jimmy Haslam, and f*** Deshaun Watson.

Get well, Nick.

I'm a hardcore Browns fan, and Nick Chubb is my favorite player. Possibly my all-time favorite NFL player, and considering he played for Georgia (I'm a Florida fan), that should tell you a lot about how much I admire the man. Needless to say it was a sad night for me.

Also, Deshaun Watson blows. He's not nearly as good as he was ever cracked up to be. His highlight reel from Houston is actually a Deandre Hopkins highlight reel, and the year he "led the league" in passing, the team went 4-12. The dude used to be a pretty decent QB, sure, but his stats were inflated from garbage time completions against prevent defenses. He was never elite, he was never a top 5 QB in this league.

Watson never wanted to come to Cleveland. When he demanded a trade and narrowed it down to Atlanta and Carolina (because apparently the NFL is now the NBA and players get to choose their destinations), Jimmy Haslam did what he always does, he hit the panic button and decided to meddle. He told Cleveland's GM (Andrew Berry) to do whatever it takes to acquire him. So the Browns send several premium draft picks to Houston, sleazeball Jimmy writes a fat check from his corrupt Flying J account, and Watson's agent tells him he's an idiot if he turns down $230 million guaranteed.

So, now here we are. We have an offense that actually looked pretty damn good last year with Jacoby frickin' Brissett (a career journeyman backup), yet has been a complete disaster ever since our "franchise QB" took over. I hate Watson's play on the field, I hate that he's an unapologetic sexual predator, and I hate that we are stuck with him. I would trade Watson for Brissett or Mayfield straight up in a heartbeat.

F*** Jimmy Haslam, and f*** Deshaun Watson.

Get well, Nick.

I feel bad for Browns fans, but I am glad the Deshaun Watson experiment is blowing up in their faces.

They did Baker Mayfield dirty in the whole process.

I just don't get how Watson survived being a clear sexual predator like it was basically nothing

He probably did a lot of what he was accused of, but given that none of the accusations could withstand enough scrutiny to support a single criminal charge, let alone conviction, I'd still prefer to live in a society in which informal banishments aren't done extrajudicially.

I also suspect the league was so angry over the five-year guaranteed contact, which none of the owners want to become the norm, that they made his suspension 11 games rather than a full season so the contract would start during a lost season. The Browns probably would have preferred he was gone for all of 2022-2023 and it started this year.

If his play doesn't improve, it'll be the last contract he ever plays under. It's always easy to shun bad people when they aren't good at what they do.

He probably did a lot of what he was accused of, but given that none of the accusations could withstand enough scrutiny to support a single criminal charge, let alone conviction, I'd still prefer to live in a society in which informal banishments aren't done extrajudicially.

I also suspect the league was so angry over the five-year guaranteed contact, which none of the owners want to become the norm, that they made his suspension 11 games rather than a full season so the contract would start during a lost season. The Browns probably would have preferred he was gone for all of 2022-2023 and it started this year.

If his play doesn't improve, it'll be the last contract he ever plays under. It's always easy to shun bad people when they aren't good at what they do.

MLB seems to take these things a bit more seriously.

Trevor Bauer lost his career with the Dodgers over allegations where the DA declined to file charges. Wander Franco is likely to never play again despite being one of the best young player in the game, same with Julio Urias. I don't think Franco has been charged with anything yet but there's pretty damning evidence of him creeping on young girls on social media.

I dont understand why the Browns gave up so much for Watson even if he would have had a perfectly clean legal record and had never been suspected of any crimes at all.

He has some great skills but they gave up to much. Especially with the draft picks.

...Watson and a 2024 6th-round draft pick were shipped to Cleveland in exchange for three consecutive first-round draft picks, a third-round pick and two fourths. Cleveland then handed Watson a five-year, $230 million guaranteed contract

Didn’t watch the game, because well…Amazon. But dang! Those Giants offensive stats are pitiful. 150 total yards? Their top running back only had 17 yards???

Didn’t watch the game, because well…Amazon. But dang! Those Giants offensive stats are pitiful. 150 total yards? Their top running back only had 17 yards???
Barkley is out for a few weeks and they were in passing situations most of the game. The offense wasn’t that good to begin with, and going up against the 49ers defense on the road…not much chance of getting anything going.

Those guys have won 13 straight in the regular season for good reason. Great defense plus McCaffrey/Kittle/Deebo make it easy to keep the offense on the field for long stretches.

CBS just said the last time the Jets beat the Patriots in 2015, gas was around $2.00 a gallon. Wasn't gas around $2.00 a gallon in 2020 ? Its so obvious what they're trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom