NFL 2023-2024

Everybody still hating up a Bill Bel-a-chick just don't understand all the pressure and tough decisions he had to make this year.

As a Swiftie has he has to decide everyday does he want to study NFL films or Taylor Swift videos. And we aint talking about the highly entertaining NFL films narrated by James Facenda.

We are talking about a Swiftie having to decide to watch hours of pure technical NFL studies or watching Tay Tay videos. Argentina Swift videos the kind just next to being full Brazilian stuff.

Then the Twelcie fever just went oh my God to the next level....

...https://www.today.com/popculture/taylor-swift-travis-kelce-kiss-eras-tour-argentina-rcna124801

Taylor will not be touring forever and Twelcie fever will probably break up in the near future.

Bel-a-chick just need time shake it off....

Really gutsy clutch drive from Wilson and the Broncos. Williams is running like a beast tonight, and Russ saved a couple third downs there that looked hopeless.

They left Russ with a lot of a time. Only issue is that so much of what the Broncos have been doing is establishing the power running game first, and there isn't a lot of room for that. Will the Bills allow Mims another return opportunity?

That drive was just too easy for Buffalo. Feels like there isn’t really much question as to who the stronger team is, the Bills have just killed themselves. They’re outgaining Denver by 2.5 yards per play tonight.

They left Russ with a lot of a time. Only issue is that so much of what the Broncos have been doing is establishing the power running game first, and there isn't a lot of room for that. Will the Bills allow Mims another return opportunity?

Yeah, but you seem to have forgotten how this game has gone. We're setting up for a final Hail Mary or lateral play for a touchdown.

Lmao. Terrible sack taken by Wilson, then a terrible underthrow, but the Bills aren't getting away with interference this time. Good.

The Broncos should not have made themselves rush the FG kick like that. The important thing is making the kick, for God's sake. If you really need to take more seconds off the clock, you can go max protect and roll Russell out, let him throw the ball away once the pressure gets close. You probably take 8-10 seconds off that way, and don't then have a running clock.

I understand why the Bills blitzed the hell out of Wilson. He was playing well when he had time, but responding badly to all out pressure. He got lucky with the underthrow that looked like a wounded bird falling from the sky.

But the Bills made worse mistakes, and Denver was able to steal one. Their gameplan worked almost to perfection, save for Sutton's fumble.

I'm glad the Bills are 5-5, because it often feels like every team in the AFC deserves to be 5-5, whether they are underachieving or overachieving.

I’m honestly in awe of how bad of a loss that was. The Broncos scored twice off of drives where the Bills handed them the ball inside the 30, didn’t pick up a 1st down, and just kicked a FG. Had another turnover where Allen seemingly just dropped the ball for some reason?? on a handoff to Cook, right after crossing into Denver territory. Then ultimately losing on a 12 men on the field penalty when there was a wholeass timeout after 2nd down to set up the FG unit in a situation where everyone knew the next sequence was going to be a kneel and a kick.

That was probably the worst loss I’ve seen all season from any team and I doubt it’ll be topped. The Bills are such a poorly-coached waste of talent and Josh Allen needs an intervention. The Broncos aren’t a very impressive team, but at least they were relatively calm and collected tonight.

I’m not on the “fire Doug Pederson” bandwagon like many of the fans overreacting to a loss.

But, the conversation becomes inevitable if the Jags miss the playoffs or fall below .500.

As an avid Steelers fan, even I can't help but feel for you Cleveland fans. I know you were on a high after the victory over Baltimore. A decent schedule ahead to close out the season that may have just gotten a little tougher.

$91 million for Deshaun Watson to play 12 games in 2 seasons.

^ yep, and he has played at a high level for roughly 1.5 of those games.

As an avid Steelers fan, even I can't help but feel for you Cleveland fans. I know you were on a high after the victory over Baltimore. A decent schedule ahead to close out the season that may have just gotten a little tougher.

^ we are cursed, thanks to the idiot Haslams. They ruin everything they touch. Even when they finally manage to do a few things right, they can't help but meddle and screw it all up again. I feel like when it's all said and done, selling their souls for Watson will go down as one of the worst trades and business decisions in the history of the NFL.

Trading Dobbs before the season (for next to nothing) was a huge mistake, and not reacquiring him at the trade deadline was inexcusable. There is NO REASON why a team this talented should have below average backups at QB. PJ Walker is barely good enough to make an NFL roster and Dorian Thompson-Robinson is a complete unknown.

These QB contracts are stupid. Unless you have Patrick Mahomes, you don't pay these things.

I'd take an average QB with a great defense and a strong offensive line over a "Franchise QB" any day.

There are a handful of guys who are worth their deals IMO, but if you're going to give out insane money for one player, you better hope they play at an elite level throughout the duration of their contract. I understand why Mahomes gets paid what he does, and other guys like Allen/Burrow/Hurts/Herbert are hard to come by, so you gotta do what you can to hang on to them without letting the salary cap kill the rest of your roster.

If a team hits on a QB in the draft, there's a small window to load up. That's why the 49ers can afford to retain their top guys AND add pieces, because Purdy is still on his rookie deal. But then you have stupid organizations like the Giants who decide to pay Daniel Jones, and poor roster management from teams like the Commies who struck gold with Sam Howell, but aren't competent enough to build a roster around him while he's cheap.

Baker Mayfield wanted too much money and I'm glad the Browns didn't pay him, but they should have just rolled with Jacoby Brissett for a year and drafted a QB who they could see as a quality starter in their second year. There was absolutely no need to give up the picks for Watson, and while there's all types of ways to manipulate the cap, it's still going to hurt us over the next few years.

There are a handful of guys who are worth their deals IMO, but if you're going to give out insane money for one player, you better hope they play at an elite level throughout the duration of their contract. I understand why Mahomes gets paid what he does, and other guys like Allen/Burrow/Hurts/Herbert are hard to come by, so you gotta do what you can to hang on to them without letting the salary cap kill the rest of your roster.

Patrick Mahomes is a god amongst men when it comes to playing football. He can win games without all the pieces.

Joe Burrow and Jalen Hurts are exceptional as well. Josh Allen and Justin Herbert aren't even worth their contracts.

If a team hits on a QB in the draft, there's a small window to load up. That's why the 49ers can afford to retain their top guys AND add pieces, because Purdy is still on his rookie deal.

The 49ers have an exceptional system. They have an average QB (Purdy) who is surrounded by an otherwise elite team. If Purdy goes in demanding a huge contract, the 49ers can easily replace him.

That's the model for winning championships. Unfortunately, for the 49ers, the Eagles are just a slightly better organization overall and the Chiefs have the greatest QB ever.

Houston did everything right with CJ Stroud. They traded up to get more picks and loaded up quickly and they're on pace to win the division. Time will tell what he's going to be long term, but right now, he looks like everything Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be. Of course, Lawrence is stuck in Press Taylor Hell and will probably end up being the next Carson Wentz if Taylor isn't ousted or he doesn't go elsewhere.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. If you have a defense that can create havoc and hold offenses to 12 points per game or less, or you have an offensive line that can create holes for a running back or give your quarterback several seconds to throw the ball, you're going to win games.

I agree, except for this.....

Josh Allen and Justin Herbert aren't even worth their contracts.

Recency bias is clouding your judgment of Allen. It wasn't that long ago when he was considered the 1B to Mahomes at 1A. And I'm not even sure if Allen makes the top-10 list of highest paid QBs now that a few others recently got paid.

Herbert has a complete moron for a head coach and one of the worst defenses in the league. Yeah he got paid a ton, but they kind of had to in order to compete in that division. LA is probably a three-win team if you replace Herbert with an average QB.

Recency bias is clouding your judgment of Allen. It wasn't that long ago when he was considered the 1B to Mahomes at 1A. And I'm not even sure if Allen makes the top-10 list of highest paid QBs now that a few others recently got paid.

I've always thought Allen was a bit overrated though. 🤷‍♂️

Herbert has a complete moron for a head coach and one of the worst defenses in the league. Yeah he got paid a ton, but they kind of had to in order to compete in that division. LA is probably a three-win team if you replace Herbert with an average QB.

Justin Herbert has all the tools to become one of the all-time greats, but he hasn't shown he can put it together.

I'll repeat what I said, THE ONLY QUARTERBACK I'd give a Patrick Mahomes contract to is Patrick Mahomes, and maybe Joe Burrow. The Chiefs look destined for another Super Bowl appearance with a bunch of receivers that, aside from Travis Kelce, couldn't catch a cold. Mahomes makes throws and makes plays that literally nobody else can. There's only one Patrick Mahomes.

Joe Burrow hasn't reached a fraction of his potential because the Bengals haven't given him an O-line that helps.

The NFL is also taking a sharp turn to being all about defense. These quarterbacks who want so much money that their teams can't sign anyone else are gonna learn real quick.

The Press Taylor Experience

Yeah, with all of that talent on the Jags offense, there is no excuse for them to be so mediocre. I know you say the OL isn't great, but with Lawrence and Etienne and the pass catchers they have, one would definitely expect better results.

Back
Top Bottom