Nos. 9, 48 penalized for engine allocation violations after New Hampshire

Oh those administrative errors. Of course, no performance advantage. You had me at administrative error. Props to you for fair and equitable posting.....but I am waiting for your rant about how this has nothing to do with Chevy success, and how the Yotas invented Bondo application....Don't let me down.

Oh those administrative errors. Of course, no performance advantage. You had me at administrative error. Props to you for fair and equitable posting.....but I am waiting for your rant about how this has nothing to do with Chevy success, and how the Yotas invented Bondo application....Don't let me down.

OK, if you think this was an attempt to cheat, then please explain what the were trying to accomplish. Remember the JGR car that had a couple connecting rods that were too light? Sometimes you break the rules for no reason other than you make a mistake. I didn't think they were trying to cheat then, and I don't think HMS is trying to cheat now.

I'm sure Jeff Andrews didn't have anything to do with it, he's just the person of record who takes the hit when somebody else screws up, just like the crew chief does when the tire changer leaves lug nuts off.
If Chad did it I would think it was on purpose. Andrews? not so much. I can't see any competitive advantage. The reason Nascar makes a team run a winning engine twice in the same car is in case they built a single race set on kill motor the motor would probably blow up if used again which is why they have the sealed motor rule. Hendrick put the motor in the 48 instead of the 9. If they were trying to hide that fact they would have put that winning motor in one of their slower affiliates cars like the #37. Nascar followed the letter of the rule, Hendrick isn't protesting.

If Chad did it I would think it was on purpose. Andrews? not so much. I can't see any competitive advantage. The reason Nascar makes a team run a winning engine twice in the same car is in case they built a single race set on kill motor the motor would probably blow up if used again which is why they have the sealed motor rule. Hendrick put the motor in the 48 instead of the 9. If they were trying to hide that fact they would have put that winning motor in one of their slower affiliates cars like the #37. Nascar followed the letter of the rule, Hendrick isn't protesting.
and the thing is, you cant hide it. They are gonna check. Call me when one is found unsealed.

Ninety-nine out of a hundred Chad wouldn't know which engine was in which car either. More than likely one of the #48 crew guys went down the hill to get a engine and the engine shop gave him the wrong one. Or there may have been multiple engines sitting in the car shop waiting to go in the four cars and somebody grabbed the wrong one and somebody forgot to check the seals. I can't say exactly who is in charge of compliance on these issues, but probably doesn't rise above the car chief level or some mid level engine department person.

Ninety-nine out of a hundred Chad wouldn't know which engine was in which car either. More than likely one of the #48 crew guys went down the hill to get a engine and the engine shop gave him the wrong one. Or there may have been multiple engines sitting in the car shop waiting to go in the four cars and somebody grabbed the wrong one and somebody forgot to check the seals. I can't say exactly who is in charge of compliance on these issues, but probably doesn't rise above the car chief level or some mid level engine department person.
Checks and balances. Paperwork trails, confirmations. Was it sloppiness somewhere along the line? Most definitely. Not a way to run a multimillion dollar business . Or is that not applicable here?
Someone erred. And was caught
I wonder if the dealerships are run the same way....

Last edited:
Hhhmmmm
Remember last year the HMS self reporting of too much wind tunnel time

Were they testing the new front end being used now

hmmmmm
The same one that was taken away and now suddenly Larson is a mere mortal? ;)

We're all missing the fact that THE 9's ENGINE (winning engine from what I'm reading here) was in the 48. This will not do. Everyone and their cousin knows that HMS and NASCAR bend over backwards to give the Golden Child the best and biggest advantages.

Checks and balances. Paperwork trails, confirmations. Was it sloppiness somewhere along the line? Most definitely. Not a way to run a multimillion dollar business . Or is that not applicable here?
You're not going to get any argument from me that HMS, successful as it is, makes too many unforced errors. Just this year we have had the meltdown of Larson's engine, Chase's lugnut fiasco, whatever the hell happened to the Ganassi motors at Charlotte, and now this. I have no idea how the dealerships are run, but I'm sure they have their share of cluster foxtrots. We all know Roger Penske is a business genius, but I work for a direct competitor of Penske at a local level, and some of our customers are former Penske customers who have NOTHING good to say about them. Does that mean the whole organization sucks? NO. Does that mean Roger Penske sucks? NO. The truth is that the bigger you are, the more headaches and foulups you will have. With 600 or so employees, HMS has about 600 ways to f****p every single day.

You're not going to get any argument from me that HMS, successful as it is, makes too many unforced errors. Just this year we have had the meltdown of Larson's engine, Chase's lugnut fiasco, whatever the hell happened to the Ganassi motors at Charlotte, and now this. I have no idea how the dealerships are run, but I'm sure they have their share of cluster foxtrots. We all know Roger Penske is a business genius, but I work for a direct competitor of Penske at a local level, and some of our customers are former Penske customers who have NOTHING good to say about them. Does that mean the whole organization sucks? NO. Does that mean Roger Penske sucks? NO. The truth is that the bigger you are, the more headaches and foulups you will have. With 600 or so employees, HMS has about 600 ways to f****p every single day.
fact check: 65,000 employees/ Team Penske 650 employees

Just for tin foil n helicopter sake
and things just happen for the sake of happening

that last time Kyle won championship
At homestead
Three things happened that just don’t make sense
1, Logano is in lead, comes in for tires 10-15 laps later he gets lapped???????
2, someone puts a 6” x 18” piece of tape on the front of Hamlin’s car??????
3, Truex has left side tires put on right side????
Meanwhile Kyle is sipping tea on his way to championship

sure someone can mix up a number on an engine

but those all in one race

Just for tin foil n helicopter sake
and things just happen for the sake of happening

that last time Kyle won championship
At homestead
Three things happened that just don’t make sense
1, Logano is in lead, comes in for tires 10-15 laps later he gets lapped???????
2, someone puts a 6” x 18” piece of tape on the front of Hamlin’s car??????
3, Truex has left side tires put on right side????
Meanwhile Kyle is sipping tea on his way to championship

sure someone can mix up a number on an engine

but those all in one race

Maybe, but you have to ask yourself why anyone involved with the 11 or 19 cars would agree to go along with this kind of shenanigans. The only people who have a vested interest in Kyle winning over one of his teammates is Kyle , a handful of guys who work ONLY on the 18 and his sponsors. I don't see why anybody at JGR or TRD would care which car wins. From a purely marketing standpoint, it would probably be BETTER for them if one of the other cars won, just as it would have likely done HMS and NASCAR more good to have Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, or Mark Martin win championships instead of Jimmie Johnson.

Maybe, but you have to ask yourself why anyone involved with the 11 or 19 cars would agree to go along with this kind of shenanigans. The only people who have a vested interest in Kyle winning over one of his teammates is Kyle , a handful of guys who work ONLY on the 18 and his sponsors. I don't see why anybody at JGR or TRD would care which car wins. From a purely marketing standpoint, it would probably be BETTER for them if one of the other cars won, just as it would have likely done HMS and NASCAR more good to have Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, or Mark Martin win championships instead of Jimmie Johnson.
So what I’m getting at is
if things like what happened at that race are just mistakes

Then a clerical can really be understood

Some of y'all will jump at any and every shadow. Do you have Mommy check under the bed every night, then sleep with the lights on anyway?

Why is a simple paperwork screw-up so hard to accept?
spooks are spooks. They have a new name for a sub set recently. Conspiracy theorists. I sill use spooks, it rolls off the tongue easier

spooks are spooks. They have a new name for a sub set recently. Conspiracy theorists. I sill use spooks, it rolls off the tongue easier
I didn't know Sam's Club carried heebie-jeebies, but some of these folks are buying them at volume discount.

Chase mistook a piece of tungsten for lead once so I can see him getting the engines getting crossed up.
Many believe Gustafson himself snuck down to Pensacola in December 2013 and installed the Tungsten anchor.

I'm sure Jeff Andrews didn't have anything to do with it, he's just the person of record who takes the hit when somebody else screws up, just like the crew chief does when the tire changer leaves lug nuts off.
You know how this works. Andrews either knew or put himself in a position to not know. Either way. He knew. This is Hendrick Freaking Motorsports.

The 25 points is what sucks.
Playing by the rules would help with that. Wind tunnel, Bondo, engine swap, new car....Where does it end with Chevy?

Andrews either knew or put himself in a position to not know.
This is the most twisted way I’ve ever heard anyone say “either her knew or he didnt”.

This is the most twisted way I’ve ever heard anyone say “either her knew or he didnt”.
He knew.....or kinda did?

Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.
Okay. That was beautiful. <Wipes tears> Winners know what engine goes where, and how to keep track of time...but I don't want to interrupt your flow.

Some of y'all will jump at any and every shadow. Do you have Mommy check under the bed every night, then sleep with the lights on anyway?

Why is a simple paperwork screw-up so hard to accept?
It's a respect thing. This is Hendrick Motorsports. They don't make mistakes. So, IMO many would always prefer to think that everything they do is intentional. That way they maintain their perfection. I will go with the intentional. They were gifted a car designed for this package, but in true Hendrick fashion, that's not enough. Not just stepping on the throat of the competition, but trying to stomp on it too.

LMAO. Just an honest mistake. Of course. Of course. Hey, Hendrick is human. They make mistakes. Priceless.

The same one that was taken away and now suddenly Larson is a mere mortal? ;)
Oh yeah, that one.

Well, Mr. H. does have somewhat of a checker past in that area.....

OK, if you think this was an attempt to cheat, then please explain what the were trying to accomplish. Remember the JGR car that had a couple connecting rods that were too light? Sometimes you break the rules for no reason other than you make a mistake. I didn't think they were trying to cheat then, and I don't think HMS is trying to cheat now.
Apples to oranges. It was one rod, and heads rolled at TRD over that. You absolutely know that any explanation I would give about the engine rule would be out of my ass, so how about I ask you--who knows 10 times what I know about this sport--Why do you think it is a rule in the first place? If you aren't clear, I would be 10 million miles from being clear. Yet, it is a rule.

You heard it here first.

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom