Nos. 9, 48 penalized for engine allocation violations after New Hampshire

Why the rule exists.
I guess you have been staring at your Toyota shrine too much. The sealed engine rule has been around for quite some time. You might Google it. You seem pretty sharp about quotes from the Smith chap and mothership central, and quite dense when you don't agree with something.

I guess you have been staring at your Toyota shrine too much. The sealed engine rule has been around for quite some time. You might Google it. You seem pretty sharp about quotes from the Smith chap and mothership central, and quite dense when you don't agree with something.
Smith? .....Who is dense? I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anything....just wanting to understand why NASCAR is as upset as they seem. Maybe nobody owes us an explanation as to what happened, but I would be curious to know why NASCAR thinks it's big deal.....

Smith? .....Who is dense? I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anything....just wanting to understand why NASCAR is as upset as they seem. Maybe nobody owes us an explanation as to what happened, but I would be curious to know why NASCAR thinks it's big deal.....
It's been explained 7 ways from Sunday.

1627499023220.png

You think that's how Hendrick works? I have more respect for the organization than that.
Do you think Jeff Andrews or Chad Knaus go personally pull all the parts out of inventory and lay them out for the crews to put on the cars? Do you think people at their level get involved in things like this? It could be and probably is as simple as somebody FORGOT that the winning engine out of the #9 was ineligible to be used in any car other than the #9. Yes, it should be and I'm sure IS somebody's job to double check this, but I work in a facility with about 10% of of the HMS workforce , and things get forgotten or fouled up a couple times a week.

Do you think Jeff Andrews or Chad Knaus go personally pull all the parts out of inventory and lay them out for the crews to put on the cars? Do you think people at their level get involved in things like this? It could be and probably is as simple as somebody FORGOT that the winning engine out of the #9 was ineligible to be used in any car other than the #9. Yes, it should be and I'm sure IS somebody's job to double check this, but I work in a facility with about 10% of of the HMS workforce , and things get forgotten or fouled up a couple times a week.
No, but I do expect Andrews and Knaus to run a tighter ship....and I think they do.

So do I, but the mistakes made just this year alone would suggest it's not near tight enough.
Tight enough to lead the Manufacturers Championship and be the pick in the Drivers....but they can't figure out what motor goes where? Come on now....

Aren’t the race engines tagged in some tamper-proof manner?

RFID/barcode?

Aren’t the race engines tagged in some tamper-proof manner?

RFID/barcode?
Used to seal the tab with a crimp tool that had NASCAR markings that were virtually tamper proof but you could be right with the RFID.

Back
Top Bottom