N'wide at Iowa

Bummer o_O

Looks like a track that will dry though - if it's not an all-nighter.

My fingers are crossed. I just had a delicious big bowl of chili and a salami sandwhich, and now I'm ready for some nonstop Nationwide and Indy car racing. But it isn't looking to good right now.

My fingers are crossed. I just had a delicious big bowl of chili and a salami sandwhich and now I'm ready for some nonstop Nationwide and Indy car racing. But it isn't looking to good right now.
Nitro after eating both of those your going to explode hope you are no where near NJ lol

My fingers are crossed. I just had a delicious big bowl of chili and a salami sandwhich, and now I'm ready for some nonstop Nationwide and Indy car racing. But it isn't looking to good right now.
My wife makes thermonuclear chili. Washing the crock pot requires EPA funding.

I like the Indy cars, but I'd much rather watch anything at Iowa than Texas (or any other 'cookie cutter').

I had some left over pork & beans that I threw in the bowl also, so I don't know what might happen in a couple of hours. :flushed:

If we have to long of a rain delay then I might have to go order a pizza for a snack later.:D

I had some left over pork & beans that I threw in the bowl also, so I don't know what might happen in a couple of hours. :flushed:

I am certainly glad the wind is out of the east here. GEEZZZZ!!!

Carl Long is entered ? We're finally going to see what Johanna Long can do without all those cup guys holdin her back.:D

Word is there are things happening - not sure what the cause is - could be some form of gas!

(sorry about the 12 sec ad - I try to avoid them but it's almost impossible - and at least the vids are still there

I used to love watching Godzilla when I was a kid :)
War of The Gargantuas, too...

I was a big Mothra fan - mostly because my Mom was afraid of moths - she thought they were like wasps and there was no talking her out of it :D

(I can still hear her telling Dad "Be careful Bob, they'll get ya")

Sam Hornish sure has a cute wife. Crystal has pretty eyes.

The most recent issue of Smithsonian magazine had an article on a Bhut-eating contest in India (where else?). Some of the entrants needed medical assistance.
It's wicked. I have ground Trinidad Scorpion dust, too. Mexican guy at work said he could eat anything hot, I ROASTED him with the Scorpion dust.

It's wicked. I have ground Trinidad Scorpion dust, too. Mexican guy at work said he could eat anything hot, I ROASTED him with the Scorpion dust.

Wow - I've even given up on regular Jalapeno's - I'm a serious slacker :(

I have co-worker who grows his own Ghosts. Last year he powdered some and mixed it into dark chocolate. Gods, that stuff was good!

Anybody grow turnips? I do in a couple big pots on the patio and I'm a huge hit at work when I bring them in - most folks just want the greens.

Interesting story about turnips - they are about the easiest food product plant to grow...you could probably grow em on Mars. In the early days of settling the midwest and west turnip seeds were hugely important. When the more glamorous crops failed the turnips always came through.

That's where the old saying "It's gonna be another turnip winter" came from...if your corn and beans didn't work out you always had turnips - a good source of starch and vitamins/minerals and they would keep you alive.

Interesting story about turnips - they are about the easiest food product plant to grow...you could probably grow em on Mars. In the early days of settling the midwest and west turnip seeds were hugely important. When the more glamorous crops failed the turnips always came through.

That's where the old saying "It's gonna be another turnip winter" came from...if your corn and beans didn't work out you always had turnips - a good source of starch and vitamins/minerals and they would keep you alive.
And...they're tasty.

Dang, learn something new every day, never heard that saying. I like turnips though

Back
Top Bottom