Paying their dues?

My posts on subject are purely :sarcasm:. If ya got it, ya stay. If not, ya go. Can't understand why some are offended by drivers bringing money?
I kinda figured that but wasn't completely sure

Yet Austin Dillon went up through the ranks, raced in Late Models (dirt and asphalt), gained experience, raced in K&N, raced in Trucks, raced in XFINITY and had to cut his teeth. And he's the most hated driver on here, next to Kyle Busch and Erik Jones (who both also cut their teeth on short tracks).

Fans are so confusing.

Richard Childress didn't just put Austin in a Cup car because he's his grandson. He made Austin, and Ty, go through the ranks.
Is it really that hard to figure out? They are assholes, that's why they are disliked.

And Richard Childress is some hated villain? Keep living in your fantasy land.

When the majority of the comments about the Dillon boys are about silver spoons or how they got their ride because of grandpa, it kind of says it all.

Why I'm always constantly amused at how popular Chase Elliott is on forums like this.

When the majority of the comments about the Dillon boys are about silver spoons or how they got their ride because of grandpa, it kind of says it all.

Why I'm always constantly amused at how popular Chase Elliott is on forums like this.
It's pretty simple. The Dillon boys act spoiled. There's a reason other drivers have said as much. You ever heard Chase get that comparison from his competitors? Exactly. We solved this dilemma. I'll be here all week.

I don't get how you can bash Austin's talent. The kid wheeled a car into the Chase (on points, no less) and did very well in Xfinity. His stats would get him a ride in Cup even if his name were "Austin Smith."

Call him a spoiled jackass all you want but the kid has talent.
I think almost everyone agrees with that.

It's pretty simple. The Dillon boys act spoiled. There's a reason other drivers have said as much. You ever heard Chase get that comparison from his competitors? Exactly. We solved this dilemma. I'll be here all week.

His competitors, like Harvick? Harvick always has something to say -- which is why I like him TBH.

OK. Skoal is on my ignore list. Only a couple made it. Not an honor.
I never ever understood why someone would put another person on ignore. It's only a forum... a racing board. Why get so pissed off as to do that?

Besides that.... If I was at such odds with them.... I'd want to see what they were saying about me.....

Harvick's always got something to say.

Drivers say all sorts of sh!t over the radio. Not just about Austin Dillon, either.
You're right, Andy. Austin has handled himself with nothing, but class and respect. It's completely bizarre fans don't like him, but like Chase. It must be based solely on the perception Dillon was handed a ride and has nothing to do with their personalities..

Are you legitimately asking a question?

Where is the difference between Dillon being "handed" a ride and Jr? Did Dale Earnhardt Jr not drive for his father up until his stepmother drove him away? Did I miss something?

Jr. gets a pass, Dillon's get bashed.

Where is the difference between Dillon being "handed" a ride and Jr? Did Dale Earnhardt Jr not drive for his father up until his stepmother drove him away? Did I miss something?

Jr. gets a pass, Dillon's get bashed.
That's what I'm saying. It's about personalities. Dillon comes off like a dick. He treats his crew poorly, isn't that fan friendly (at least in my experiences), and isn't very well liked by most drivers.

Its the hat.

636093874348179400-c03-Austin-Dillon-01.jpg

That's what I'm saying. It's about personalities. Dillon comes off like a dick. He treats his crew poorly, isn't that fan friendly (at least in my experiences), and isn't very well liked by most drivers.
The way Austin treated me as a fan I why I cheer for him. I've never heard of a bad fan interaction with either Dillon. He took the hat off of his head and gave to a fan after Martinsville. Wasn't even a Austin Dillon fan either. Austin is hated because people can't think on their own. They depend on others opinions.

It's simpler than that -- Race or become a Dilbert in Dad's Home Improvement empire.

Paul Menard chose wisely!

He would be a fool for not enjoying his life in motorsports.

Absolutely, no wonder he looks so happy.

Its the hat.

636093874348179400-c03-Austin-Dillon-01.jpg

https://racing-forums.com/threads/i...rst-lunge-the-dumbest-celebration-ever.38994/

It is that stupid, flicted, HEAD FIRST SLIDE, along with the empty hat that ruint it all for me.

But the kid is a disciplined racer, that is constantly improving. I dont think he has reached his ceiling.
At a minimum he will win cup races. He has also upped his game and bringing fine quality eye candy to the party too.

So Austin dont worry about a thing old Greg has said about you in the past, we are good. I know you can do it.
(bet the kid even runs better after my encouraging words, hope all yall dues paid accountants appreciate it, too).

https://racing-forums.com/threads/i...rst-lunge-the-dumbest-celebration-ever.38994/

It is that stupid, flicted, HEAD FIRST SLIDE, along with the empty hat that ruint it all for me.

But the kid is a disciplined racer, that is constantly improving. I dont think he has reached his ceiling.
At a minimum he will win cup races. He has also upped his game and bringing fine quality eye candy to the party too.

So Austin dont worry about a thing old Greg has said about you in the past, we are good. I know you can do it.
(bet the kid even runs better after my encouraging words, hope all yall dues paid accountants appreciate it, too).

My prediction is that Austin ends up like his teammate Ryan Newman. He'll be a consistent driver who wins 1-2 races a year (if that) but he'll point his way into The Chase every year and may sneak into a Final Four or two.

My prediction is that Austin ends up like his teammate Ryan Newman. He'll be a consistent driver who wins 1-2 races a year (if that) but he'll point his way into The Chase every year and may sneak into a Final Four or two.

No small deal, very few accomplish as much.

I'm "paying my dues" watching all you "Boys have at it" on this thread bashing Austin Dillon.

Austin's ride is legit. He is a Champion in 2 series, and his future looks bright. After he shot up into the Daytona fence and crawled out of his wrecked Gen-6 car without crying for his therapist -- I respected him more.

Although, I'm not a fan of that 2 handed wrist wave of his hands...

th.jpg

Some of the NASCAR jockeys are doing just great, despite being vertically challenged.

Back
Top Bottom