Post 2022 Gen 7 Car Upgrades

An addition to the above:

"The front clip V-brace must be removed from the assembly, which will reduce the stiffness of the front clip."

There’s also a softer tire on tap for the New Hampshire race but so far I think it’s only for that event.

The wider tire is also the issue with short tracks. Mechanical grip is an issue as well as aero. IMHO they should bring back narrower tires.

If he would've panned left you would see the 21 hauler as well.
It's sad to see the end of Petty Ent. and the Woods just become a shell of it's former self, but time marches on.
Petty Enterprises hasn't been competitive in a while. While it's sad to see the name gone, it was sadder to see it limping along. See also Darrell Waltrip.

I was never in favor of these cars having diffusers in the first place. Nothing would make happier then to see them all end up in a dumpster, but even if this experiment works, they will still insist on using them on the bigger tracks.

I'm interested in seeing the results from testing all these different configurations. Glad to also see that they're also looking at the tires, not just the aero stuff.

I'm honestly not surprised by this. The aero changes is just a band-aid to cover up the fact that maybe NASCAR made an oopsie poopsie with the tires. I'm sure NASCAR will never do this, but they should bring out a couple of sets of 15in tires for each car and just see how the NextGen car perform on the old tires.

Seems like getting rid of the diffuser and using a different style of tire seems to be the right way to go. I dunno how open Goodyear is to testing different compound for the short track package, but it's an interesting thought.

I'm honestly not surprised by this. The aero changes is just a band-aid to cover up the fact that maybe NASCAR made an oopsie poopsie with the tires. I'm sure NASCAR will never do this, but they should bring out a couple of sets of 15in tires for each car and just see how the NextGen car perform on the old tires.
Won't fit over the new brakes.

Matt Weaver and Denny Hamlin, two of the biggest cry babies in Nascar lol.
That doesn't make them wrong in this case though. If they are not going to put horsepower back, then take away grip and take away braking power. That costs very little. You could make the brake change simply by using a different or a modified brake pad. The other thing is to eliminate the damn shifting. You will not convince me that they couldn't lock out fifth gear and make the teams run in a 1:1 ratio fourth gear, and make sure third is too steep to be using as an alternate gear. Any and or all of these things would improve the short track racing package.

I have no idea what they are going or not going to do about short tracks. I'm pretty sure Denny has had ample opportunity to tell Nascar what he thinks, but yapping to social media is what he does. Matt Weaver is in the same vein. Nascar and the owners are well aware of the problem I bet.

Matt Weaver and Denny Hamlin, two of the biggest cry babies in Nascar lol.

They're not wrong though. The NextGen cars suck when it comes to short tracks. I know people say they also suck on road courses. But the problem on RCs is that the NextGen car is too good on road courses. In the past, one of the things that made road course races fun is that the cars they used weren't really built to go right. But now the NextGen car uses the v8 Supercars as the basis for the chassis, now it's perfect for road racing, which makes it boring.

If I had a say in NASCAR R&D I would do three things. 1) Let's see what happens when you put in a motor that's supposed to run 670hp, instead of taking a 900+hp motor and choking it with the tapered spacer. 2) Let's bring back the old tires and put it on the new style of rim, minimum amount of change but the new tires just don't work because there's not enough fall offs and they distribute heat too efficiently. 3) Remove the tapered spacer on the 900+hp motors and see what happens. This will probably take a month of testing in the off season, but I think it would be worth it.

But out of context passing data, right?

IDC. When a guy who's been around the sport for 15 years and has raced 3 generations of cup cars says the racing is bad...it's bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I believe Hamlin 100% as he has nothing to gain from it. The car has improved greatly from last year & hopefully we’ll see another jump ahead in 2024.

Back
Top Bottom