Praying Newman Is Okay

The one time I want to watch one of these countless post race shows for important news and we are treated to hockey top 10 lists and the replay of the race we just watched. With a breaking news update that keeps flashing at the bottom making my heart jump, saying Hamlin is the winner. Good freaking grief

Probably the worst part of the delay. If this was on the schedule day of the race, we'd have post race shows.

I won't speculate... just thinking positive thoughts for Rocket Man... praying for good news.

He's a driver that a lot of people on here like to denigrate because of his hard core, old school driving style. I've always appreciated that about Newman. Always drives hard for his team, and that's his job.

Never seen them use black screens before when they took Newman out. The only good thing is they didn’t cover the car.

i believe it was the Lajoie car that did the damage. No fault.

Yeah. Just finished race and watched it on replay and LaJoie nailed him in the driver door. Reminds me a lot of Geoff Bodine's Truck crash.

Guys driving with their rear view mirror like they do every year 4 times a year on restrictor plate tracks.

FWIW, all these supposed reports prior to anything official would be a violation of HIPPA. Even if he is okay, I'd imagine it's on the doctors to okay the release of info. Not NASCAR.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FWIW, all these supposed reports prior to anything official would be a violation of HIPPA. Even if he is okay, I'd imagine it's on the doctors to okay the release of info. Not NASCAR.

Or a family member could release it. It's only a HIPPA violation if the doctors release it without family ok

I was so worried. I hope something changes w these plate tracks I'm honestly tired of racing where any bit of racing moves results in dangerous multicar pileups.

What great news! I'm so relieved. Major props to Nascar for their relentless pursuit of of safety improvements over the decades.

Judging from the hits the 6 car took, I'd guess his "Newman Bar" played a role in saving Rocket Man today. How ironic, in a good way. Nascar mandated an additional support tube at the windshield area after a Talladega accident involving Ryan... and it became known as the Newman Bar. I recall that Newman was pretty vocal about his dislike of restrictor plate racing.

Matt Kenseth's phone is ringing

If Newman can't come back, I honestly think that's the best move, at least for the rest of the year and maybe '21. He was getting slowly better in '18 and really didn't want to stop, he just couldn't land a top ride. Well, Newman has made the 6 a damn good ride now.

Thankful he's ok! Hopefully he can make a speedy recover and decide what's best for he and his family! The fact he has an engineering degree from Purdue has always impressed me. Likewise with Kulwicki.....

Thankful he's ok! Hopefully he can make a speedy recover and decide what's best for he and his family! The fact he has an engineering degree from Purdue has always impressed me. Likewise with Kulwicki.....

Amazing news. Guys during the flip his window net was down.

Amazing engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What great news! I'm so relieved. Major props to Nascar for their relentless pursuit of of safety improvements over the decades.

Judging from the hits the 6 car took, I'd guess his "Newman Bar" played a role in saving Rocket Man today. How ironic, in a good way. Nascar mandated an additional support tube at the windshield area after a Talladega accident involving Ryan... and it became known as the Newman Bar. I recall that Newman was pretty vocal about his dislike of restrictor plate racing.
The fact that we haven’t had an on-track fatality in 19 years in any of the 3 major series is quite a testament to what a great job NASCAR has done making these things safe.

The fact that we haven’t had an on-track fatality in 19 years in any of the 3 major series is quite a testament to what a great job NASCAR has done making these things safe.
Yes it is an incredible statistic even with the high level of safety today. But we all know one day that time will come whether we like it or not

Yes it is an incredible statistic even with the high level of safety today. But we all know one day that time will come whether we like it or not
They’ve definitely had some close calls there the last few years.....Newman yesterday, Kyle Busch and Austin Dillon’s wrecks in 2015, Larson’s engine going into the stands in 2013.

Or really even very serious injury. We have some broken legs and backs, but nothing even needing long term hospitalization. We will see with Newman now

Or really even very serious injury. We have some broken legs and backs, but nothing even needing long term hospitalization. We will see with Newman now
Wasn't Kyle Busch in the hospital for an extended period with his broken leg?

Who's the guy that "bold predicted" a career ending injury? Bet you feel like a horse's ass now don't ya?

Or a family member could release it. It's only a HIPPA violation if the doctors release it without family ok
Right, I understand the laws of HIPPA, part of my job. But I can't imagine his family would leak "rumors"

Thank God he survived.
I respect the families privacy and that is least anyone could do for them, I would never want that violated.

But I am still very concerned over the extent of the injuries. I will not rest easy about this until I know that there are no devastating paralyzing effects, or anything of that magnitude.

While a broken leg is no joke, by “serious injury” I’m guessing he was talking more about paralysis or severe head trauma.
I call severe injuries the ones like steve park had, ernie irvan and bobby allison. We havne't even seen injuries like those. those are the types I was talking about not seeing. I shutter to think about what would have happened in this wreck if they were still using the old car. starting with the COT they moved the seat to the center 4 inches and raised the roof. that had to make a big difference in this wreck.

Back
Top Bottom