Pre Race Thread 2020 Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 (Brickyard 400) from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
I see there’s no pre race thread and it’s my fav race on the calendar so I decided to help out. It’s Brickyard 400 week!
1593439702576.jpeg

And the return of this beloved crew!
1593439788254.jpeg

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
4:00pm/et, Sunday, July 5
TV: NBC
Radio: IMS, Sirius XM
(STAGES 50/100/160 LAPS = 400 MILES)

Okay, Friday you can get ARCA on MavTV from the best track of the weekend, Lucas Oil Park (AKA IRP).

Saturday noonish we have IndyCar restarting their season on the Indianapolis infield.
Saturday mid-afternoon is Xfinity on the same course.
Saturday evening IMSA fires back up where they were last seen, the Daytona road course.

Sunday morning brings F1 (Sorry, I don't have a clue where they are).
Sunday afternoon we get Cup on the Indy oval.

Six races. Four styles of cars. Five track configurations. We didn't get the Memorial Day weekend extravaganza this year, but I may actually like this better. I recommend recording the IMSA and F1 races, so you'll have something to watch instead of complaining during the inevitable Cup rain delay.

Last edited:
I see there’s no pre race thread and it’s my fav race on the calendar so I decided to help out. It’s Brickyard 400 week!
View attachment 47626
And the return of this beloved crew!
View attachment 47627
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
4:00pm/et, Sunday, July 5
TV: NBC
Radio: IMS, Sirius XM
(STAGES 50/100/160 LAPS = 400 MILES)

I just can't get over the fact that this race is happening and I'm not allowed to be there. That's kind of soul crushing to me....... I can actually remember driving to a grocery store to get a copy of the Indianapolis Star so I could read all the coverage of the original test session in 1992. I remember sending my original ticker request by registered mail so it would be there precisely on time for the first ticket lottery. I remember taking time off work to go home and watch the practice sessions and qualifying the first year. In 2007 I was so sick I should have been in bed, but I still went. That race has been a part of my life for half my life.

Okay, Friday you can get ARCA on MavTV from the best track of the weekend, Lucas Oil Park (AKA IRP).

Saturday noonish we have IndyCar restarting their season on the Indianapolis infield.
Saturday evening IMSA fires back up where they were last seen, the Daytona road course.

Six races. Four styles of cars. Five track configurations. We didn't get the Memorial Day weekend extravaganza this year, but I may actually like this better. I recommend recording the IMSA and F1 races, so you'll have something to watch instead of complaining during the inevitable Cup rain delay.
The following weekend is NHRA's first race back after the pandemic and all of the haulers usually start staging on the NASCAR track at the Lucas Oil speedway on Fri of the week before...that may have added a little extra spice to the race. :)

July 5: Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring, Austria)

July 12: Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring, Austria)

July 19: Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring, Hungary)

Aug. 2: British Grand Prix (Silverstone, Great Britain)

Aug. 9: Formula One 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone, Great Britain)

Aug. 16: Spanish Grand Prix (Circuit de Catalunya, Spain)

Aug. 30: Belgian Grand Prix (Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium)

Sept. 6: Italian Grand Prix (Monza, Italy)

Its weird usually I am headed to Daytona tomorrow for the Firecracker 400. 2020 is weird in itself, I hope they use this year as cover to right a wrong and put the 400 back on July 4th weekend in Daytona. I'd like to hold onto whatever tradition is left in this sport and maybe the Brickyard can go to a late August date on a Saturday.

Some of my favorite Brickyard wins I might post picture if I remember each day from that particular race. I’ll start off with probably my second fav JG win ever, what an incredible win. He still had it and it was cool to see one of my childhood heroes do well in the year 2014. Indy is probably my fav track on the schedule. Champions usually win here.
1593457578029.jpeg

Yep, that's exactly why I left Indy and moved to SoCal in 1990. That and the huge body of water they have here. :D

Ricky Rudd, three laps from glory. Or will someone else win the Brickyard 400.

I won't forget that one. Even though I was only 5. My uncle was at that race, and Rudd was my first favorite driver.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Both World of Outlaws Sprints and Late Models are live at 9 PM on CBSSN Saturday night too.

Back
Top Bottom