Race pics and experiences

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Apr 21, 2016.

1. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Is this a Tractor Pull course?
    No catch fence that I can see, just a small concrete barrier and that ain't no thing for a Monster Truck at speed.

2. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Yeah the Buck is mostly used for mud bogs and tractor pulls, with some demo derbies and monster truck shows mixed in

AuzGrams likes this.
  3. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Heres some video from my first trip to a World of Outlaws race at Bridgeport Speedway, me and the girlfriend are thinking about renting a camper and hitting the world finals in November.

4. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Welcome to the world of dirt racing, my friend. You seem hooked:D

kkfan91 likes this.
  5. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

I truly am hooked Sunday night I made the 2 hour drive out to Port Royal to watch the 2nd night of the Bob Weikert Memorial great racing that saw Danny Deitrich finish second to Logan Wagner but win the bulls head trophy for the weekend on a points tie breaker. After seeing him win the Outlaws Race at Bridgeport last Tuesday me and my girlfriend have both jumped on DD as our PA Posse guy. It was also the first time I saw dirt late models race in person up until now I'd only seen Sprints and mods.

Start of the first late model feature
    FB_IMG_1559098353949.jpg
    Before the start of the Sprint car feature FB_IMG_1559098368888.jpg
    Danny Deitrich running a special number and scheme then his usual 48 FB_IMG_1559098382897.jpg FB_IMG_1559098397615.jpg

6. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Start of 2nd late model feature you can see them crash into turn 1

Start of the 1st late model feature this time they crashed in turn 4

Sprint car start

7. Bob

Bob Team Owner

Been to Port a few times. Look at old pics of that place. It was a gem and still is, the Speed Palace. The locals love that place and know their racing inside and out.. plus alot of kids. Good times. Nice pics and vids too!

kkfan91 and KodiakRusty89 like this.
  8. KodiakRusty89

KodiakRusty89 Team Owner

Pocono 400

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pat, sdj, LewTheShoe and 3 others like this.
  9. KodiakRusty89

KodiakRusty89 Team Owner

I plan on getting to Port Royal within the next few weeks!

LewTheShoe and kkfan91 like this.
  10. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

I'll definitely be back I'm trying to visit a lot of PA tracks on the edge of easily driveable for me though since the only tracks within an hour or so are Bridgeport, Airport, and Grandview.

LewTheShoe and KodiakRusty89 like this.
  11. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I heard there was a lot more people than last year... Which is good and bad because that was not a good race.

12. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Jackman

Atlanta this year:

My boy with Chase Elliott at an autograph signing event he had at a local Napa store the day before the race, and then my boy and my oldest girl at the race.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

gnomesayin, LewTheShoe, Pat and 4 others like this.
  13. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Jackman

Spring race at Talladega this year:

My boy in the GEICO program display car and a pic of the on-track action from our seats. It was a pretty full house, and the crowd was pretty lively.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk