Radioactive 2017

ok Penske. you either like the rule or at least think is was a no brainer to follow or both, and 2 sweet thinks it's a stupid rule and needs to be abolished or at least exceptions made for game playing right. :idunno: I wonder why doesn't Nascar call off restarts? they always say they are looking at the restart. Many time all kinds of crazy is going on, but I have never seen them line up again.

I know the rule, and it's a terrible one. If they want to ensure the pole sitter is leading going into turn 1 no matter what, the outside pole sitter could simply give him back the position if he beats him to the line, much like Johnson did. Truex regained 1st through the turn. Johnson didn't gain anything from it, so why penalize him? It's a dumb rule. You don't put the outside pole sitter a lap down because he accelerated faster. Drivers abiding by this rule to avoid this stupid penalty will eventually cause a big wreck.

He can accelerate as hard as he wants just don't get to the line first.:D:D
You can't make it any simpler than that. Horses and some posters need to have a gate it their face to make them understand. Now we can add JJ to that equation.

ok Penske. you either like the rule or at least think is was a no brainer to follow or both, and 2 sweet thinks it's a stupid rule and needs to be abolished or at least exceptions made for game playing right. :idunno: I wonder why doesn't Nascar call off restarts? they always say they are looking at the restart. Many time all kinds of crazy is going on, but I have never seen them line up again.
We have seen a driver get nailed on restarts but this is NOT a restart, it is the one time start of the race. It is the only time it is used. These guys are millionaires and they can't understand a simple rule like that? JJ just added his name to the privileged class where the rules don't apply to them.

Don't just suggest the rule be negated, show me a plan to start the race that is simple enough for the drivers and the fans think it is fair. All I am asking for is a plan. If you don't like the rule give us a new one.

We have seen a driver get nailed on restarts but this is NOT a restart, it is the one time start of the race. It is the only time it is used. These guys are millionaires and they can't understand a simple rule like that? JJ just added his name to the privileged class where the rules don't apply to them.

Don't just suggest the rule be negated, show me a plan to start the race that is simple enough for the drivers and the fans think it is fair. All I am asking for is a plan. If you don't like the rule give us a new one.

JJ might have thought the rules didn't apply to him, I doubt that, but at any rate, the rules did apply and he was put back to the very end of the pack. My opinion is to use the rule that is used the rest of the time, you have to give back the spot. I believe you have to give it back in the first lap, in other words right now. If you don't you go to the back.

JJ might have thought the rules didn't apply to him, I doubt that, but at any rate, the rules did apply and he was put back to the very end of the pack. My opinion is to use the rule that is used the rest of the time, you have to give back the spot. I believe you have to give it back in the first lap, in other words right now. If you don't you go to the back.
I disagree because now you are taking away from the person who won the pole. He/she should not have to concentrate on anything other than getting a good start. Maybe they should go back to single file restarts and you start the race according to how you qualified.
The problem today is ever kid is taught that as long as you tried a little you get a trophy. I didn't grow up that way. So I like drivers to get what they earned, not start them 40 wide like in motor cycles.

Film editing can make it say whatever you want. In this Radioactive, Kurt was applauding his brother eating the wall. In another piece (maybe NBC on Sunday?) Kurt was applauding his spotter for guiding him through a wreck unscathed. LOL.

Film editing can make it say whatever you want. In this Radioactive, Kurt was applauding his brother eating the wall. In another piece (maybe NBC on Sunday?) Kurt was applauding his spotter for guiding him through a wreck unscathed. LOL.
Yeah, I listen to the 48 radio every week, and I've noticed a couple of times that they have taken Jimmie's quotes and spliced them into a completely different scenario

Last edited:

Heat of the moment rage. I'm sure he looked at the video and saw the 95 wiped out the 6 and caused that melee.

Then again, Denny ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

And after he says that , he wipes out two cars and his own damn self. Instant Karma right there. :D:p

Truex is such a baby. And sorry JR, you ain't convincing this guy that you actually like Ives. No way.

Seems like Jr has had about enough of Greg Ives

Awesome for all the young kids that were probably scanning him

Oh come on the amount of cussing when you set it on shuffle is insane. Bahaha there's something the human brain can't handle when it comes to anger behind the wheel

Jr crying every week about the digital dash. Cmon man, everyone else makes it work. Get over it.

JR and Ives are a weekly feature. They are terrible together.
In defense of Ives, he has a driver who is scared and does not want to be in the car.
In defense of the #5 car CC, he has a driver who needs a nap every 100 laps.:D

Radioactive will not be as fun without dale jr next season...

These radioactive segments doesn't make any of the drivers look very team friendly. It makes most of them look like sniveling whiny brats...including JR and JJ.
I guess that's in the hands of the production team doing them. They can edit these moments in many ways, add a little sound effect here and there and it makes something seem a different way than originally...

I never met a driver that wasn't a sniveling whiny brat at least some of the time. They are also usually a little self absorbed. It comes with the personality traits that allow them to go out and do what they do. It doesn't always mean they aren't the nicest person in the world outside of the car. Always remember that genius and insanity are about 1/8" of an inch apart

The angst between the 42 and 48 team is just funny to me. There was nothing wrong with that pit road deal on Sunday but they want to take issue with it and call JJ a d*ck? Lame.

Back
Top Bottom