Radioactive 2017

The angst between the 42 and 48 team is just funny to me. There was nothing wrong with that pit road deal on Sunday but they want to take issue with it and call JJ a d*ck? Lame.
Maybe JJ isn't the one that "can't handle it" :idunno: Not even in the playoffs yet, JJ isn't even running extremely well and he's already in their heads.

I never met a driver that wasn't a sniveling whiny brat at least some of the time. They are also usually a little self absorbed. It comes with the personality traits that allow them to go out and do what they do. It doesn't always mean they aren't the nicest person in the world outside of the car. Always remember that genius and insanity are about 1/8" of an inch apart
I agree 100%. I have worked around race car drivers just about my whole life and they can have a whole different side to them when they are in the car...but when they are out of the car and away from the track they can be the nicest person you would ever want to hangout with. That's why I said it makes them "look" like whiny sniveling brats...but in reality most of them are not. Heck, we all can look like total pricks at times when thing are not going right. I'm sure going around a track at 200 + mph with everyone watching and judging your performance while trying not to cause injury to yourself or another driver could put just a small amount of pressure on you.:)

He's turned into a spitting image of his dad.lol

He wants to run better, just it seems as they don't have a lot of speed.
I just love the candid say exactly what you mean style. He's hilarious

I agree 100%. I have worked around race car drivers just about my whole life and they can have a whole different side to them when they are in the car...but when they are out of the car and away from the track they can be the nicest person you would ever want to hangout with. That's why I said it makes them "look" like whiny sniveling brats...but in reality most of them are not. Heck, we all can look like total pricks at times when thing are not going right. I'm sure going around a track at 200 + mph with everyone watching and judging your performance while trying not to cause injury to yourself or another driver could put just a small amount of pressure on you.:)

Yes, and remember too that the driver is isolated in their own little world inside the car, and they don't have the luxury of having instant replay, and the ability of being able to see the WHOLE picture around them. They make comments and decisions off of only a small piece of that picture, and sometimes that makes them look like fools. Sometimes the spotters and crew chiefs don't really help either and feed the fire. I learned my first weekend in racing not to get all butt hurt by things drivers say in the heat of the moment, as frustrating as it can be sometimes. If you want to look at the biggest reason why Chad and Jimmie have not only stayed together, but succeeded together for so long is the ability (after 2005) to compartmentalize what goes on in the heat of the moment and not let it eat them up.

The angst between the 42 and 48 team is just funny to me. There was nothing wrong with that pit road deal on Sunday but they want to take issue with it and call JJ a d*ck? Lame.

48 will win the mind games if it comes down to that, if the 42 team is already flipping out about stuff like that.

Maybe JJ isn't the one that "can't handle it" :idunno: Not even in the playoffs yet, JJ isn't even running extremely well and he's already in their heads.
so agree I posted something along those lines a few weeks ago and I was told by a poster ( forgot his name, think hes a Larson fan though) said that there is no budding rivalry between the two and there are no mind games. Clearly JJ is already in their head and you cant convince me otherwise, I really hope it comes down to those two for the championship. Young Gun vs Reining Defending Champ

Yes, and remember too that the driver is isolated in their own little world inside the car, and they don't have the luxury of having instant replay, and the ability of being able to see the WHOLE picture around them. They make comments and decisions off of only a small piece of that picture, and sometimes that makes them look like fools. Sometimes the spotters and crew chiefs don't really help either and feed the fire. I learned my first weekend in racing not to get all butt hurt by things drivers say in the heat of the moment, as frustrating as it can be sometimes. If you want to look at the biggest reason why Chad and Jimmie have not only stayed together, but succeeded together for so long is the ability (after 2005) to compartmentalize what goes on in the heat of the moment and not let it eat them up.
Welcome to the forum. Good post.

Pretty interesting. They caught the Danica/Dillion bump before the dump. It would have been nice if the NBCSN bunch would have shown that. Hambone says he drove in too deep when he hit Truex. A bit different from his convoluted story the he hit the splitter and it went straight story when he was interviewed after the race.

Is it me or does NBC miss a lot of action on the track? If I remember Fox was worse so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Is it me or does NBC miss a lot of action on the track? If I remember Fox was worse so maybe I shouldn't complain.
I find NBC doesn't show much racing other than what fits in a box 1/8 of the screen and the commercial is 3 times bigger. 1/2 the screen is only background color.

Ratcliffe said "Seven, no six, six!"

He ****** up, that's on him. Car comes in so quick and then the quick turn-around in command when the guys are already over the wall.

Yeah can we talk about that man for a minute, what a weasel.

Anybody remember Martinsville a couple years ago after Kenseth torpedoed Jolo? The first radio transmission following the wreck..."Looks like you must've blown a tire there." Come on bro.

Larson's CC talking mad sh!t.lol

Yea - I was quite surprised to hear the chatter coming from his own crew and spotter. What I took from that quick sound bite was basically if Larson doesn't have a perfect car he 'intentionally' wrecks it.

Wow, Larson's CC and spotter accusing him of wrecking on purpose? Yikes.

WTF is Kurt so salty about regarding the 24? That was weird.

And yeah, go ahead and purposely knock someone off the jack Pearn. NASCAR will hand your ass to you faster than you can blink.

And yeah, go ahead and purposely knock someone off the jack Pearn. NASCAR will hand your ass to you faster than you can blink.
I've noticed both Pearn and Truex make many empty threats as this season has gone on. One of the early races this year I remember hearing something like, "if this ***** tries to ***** block me again I'm gonna ***** turn him into the wall!"

I get that they all are different people in the car and I understand we're privileged to even be able to listen in on the huddle so to say. I just think the empty threats are a dumb thing to do if there is literally zero chance you'd actually do it.

Interesting stuff Larson. Hmmmmmm.

I've noticed both Pearn and Truex make many empty threats as this season has gone on. One of the early races this year I remember hearing something like, "if this ***** tries to ***** block me again I'm gonna ***** turn him into the wall!"

I get that they all are different people in the car and I understand we're privileged to even be able to listen in on the huddle so to say. I just think the empty threats are a dumb thing to do if there is literally zero chance you'd actually do it.
I've noticed NASCAR has a lot of fake tough guys in general. The only quality thrown punch that I can remember recently was Ambrose drilling Casey Mears in the cheek.

There's been so many opportunities for these guys to act on their words and they just don't lol.

I've noticed NASCAR has a lot of fake tough guys in general. The only quality thrown punch that I can remember recently was Ambrose drilling Casey Mears in the cheek.

There's been so many opportunities for these guys to act on their words and they just don't lol.

Yoooo, I'm not going to lie, but Casey was leaking like a motherf*cker.

amazing that Ambrose was the most smiley under control driver out there. Got to watch out for those kind of guys..that big talkers hardly ever get into fistacuffs

...Anybody remember Martinsville a couple years ago after Kenseth torpedoed Jolo? The first radio transmission following the wreck..."Looks like you must've blown a tire there." Come on bro.

You might want to review the Radioactive from that 2015 Martinsville Race. In particular, near the middle, Brad's radio chatter relating to the incident between Brad and Kenseth:

Oh Ambrose got him good! The only quality punch between drivers we've seen in a long time! It barely made major NASCAR news though because it wasn't JG vs BK or Logano vs KB.

Don't forget the John Wes Townley thunder punches, those could of brought Tyson down in his prime.

"Track bar, are you helping me?"

If "Everything's great" gets put on a t-shirt, so should this. :D

Back
Top Bottom