Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BObJUk0CQAABSiG.jpg:large

Greg Biffle and Trevor Bayne helped break ground for the new renovation project at Daytona this morning.
disrising2_zpseea3532c.jpg

That looks like your tailgating grill in the background cookin'em up DP.

Edit: top picture.

Terry Labonte Racing?
Didn't he have some level of ownership with that #96 start-up a few years ago? The one that was sponsored by the television manufacturer, with the creepy ads where that little girl kept chanting, "It's all about the mirrors"? I recall he drove that shopping cart a couple of times but I can't remember who was the primary seat-filler. If he did have an ownership stake in that outfit, I would think he'd have learned his lesson.

Interesting. At least Finch has a few suitors now. I think he said he'd make an announcement by the 15th.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Labonte Brothers get into ownership as long as they stay out of the main car/cars. If they have enough money to run an extra car then so be, just don't focus the whole team around themselves.

[quote="Charlie Spencer, post: 637915, member: 7065"..... I would think he'd have learned his lesson.[/quote]

Which lesson is that?

Some folks musta missed some of em when they were figurin how high to 'rate the race'.:D

[quote="Charlie Spencer, post: 637915, member: 7065"..... I would think he'd have learned his lesson.

Which lesson is that?[/quote]
That being involved with a team struggling for sponsorship and without a marketable driver is a surefire trip to the auction block.

Jeff's paint scheme for the August 18th race at MIS. Since I will be in attendance it appears that I'll be obligated to purchase this die-cast. Darn. :)

1013935_10151608164171220_1692869370_n.jpg

The Whelen Modified Tour will be broadcast LIVE on SPEED Saturday drom 1:00 To 3:00 from NHMS. THE best racing all weekend is rhis one race. Look for me in turn 1 and 2. Ill be wearing a hat, glasses and headset.

The Whelen Modified Tour will be broadcast LIVE on SPEED Saturday drom 1:00 To 3:00 from NHMS. THE best racing all weekend is rhis one race. Look for me in turn 1 and 2. Ill be wearing a hat, glasses and headset.

Awesome. I'll make sure to watch.

Gordon in favor of mid-week races: NASCAR will run its first race on dirt since 1970 in two weeks at Eldora Speedway, so is it time for series officials to consider another change some might call radical? A former series champion thinks so. #24-Jeff Gordon says he's for running mid-week races. "I would love to see that,'' Gordon said. "I think when "Monday Night Football' ends, we should start "Monday Night Racing.' But that is just me. Of course I came from "Thursday Night Thunder,' and ... (it) was ridiculously successful back in the day. I am not saying we need to do it every week, but if we could find the right week in the schedule and mix it up, make it special, and make it make sense for the fans at home as well as the ones that could attend, then I think it would be awesome.'' Gordon said he would be for returning the summer Daytona race to July 4, regardless of what day that is, instead of running it the Saturday night after the holiday. Gordon said he's not received as favorable response from NASCAR. The Camping World Truck Series will run three mid-week races this season. They competed June 27 (Thursday) at Kentucky. They'll run July 24 (Wednesday) at Eldora and Aug. 21 (Wednesday) at Bristol.(Motor Racing Network)(7-10-2013)

Gordon in favor of mid-week races: NASCAR will run its first race on dirt since 1970 in two weeks at Eldora Speedway, so is it time for series officials to consider another change some might call radical? A former series champion thinks so. #24-Jeff Gordon says he's for running mid-week races. "I would love to see that,'' Gordon said. "I think when "Monday Night Football' ends, we should start "Monday Night Racing.' But that is just me. Of course I came from "Thursday Night Thunder,' and ... (it) was ridiculously successful back in the day. I am not saying we need to do it every week, but if we could find the right week in the schedule and mix it up, make it special, and make it make sense for the fans at home as well as the ones that could attend, then I think it would be awesome.'' Gordon said he would be for returning the summer Daytona race to July 4, regardless of what day that is, instead of running it the Saturday night after the holiday. Gordon said he's not received as favorable response from NASCAR. The Camping World Truck Series will run three mid-week races this season. They competed June 27 (Thursday) at Kentucky. They'll run July 24 (Wednesday) at Eldora and Aug. 21 (Wednesday) at Bristol.(Motor Racing Network)(7-10-2013)

That would be cool. I am of the opinion that all NASCAR races should be on Saturday nights, except for the Daytona 500 and the Brickyard 400. Stock car racing is such a quintessential Friday/Saturday night thing in my mind.

That would be cool. I am of the opinion that all NASCAR races should be on Saturday nights, except for the Daytona 500 and the Brickyard 400. Stock car racing is such a quintessential Friday/Saturday night thing in my mind.

Uh-oh :eek:

You'll know why I said that by the end of this day;)

Jeff's paint scheme for the August 18th race at MIS. Since I will be in attendance it appears that I'll be obligated to purchase this die-cast. Darn. :)

1013935_10151608164171220_1692869370_n.jpg

WHOA , wrong meds again , I thought StandOnIt was sponsorin the 24 .:dunce:

From Jayski:

Ambrose to drive at Mid-Ohio: Richard Petty Motorsports announced it will enter Marcos Ambrose in the Nationwide Children's Hospital 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series event on Saturday, August 17, at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. The announcement was made today while Ambrose joined NASCAR officials at a visit to the Ohio State Capitol in Columbus. Ambrose will drive the #9 Stanley Ford and be a teammate to Michael Annett in the #43 Pilot Travel Centers Ford. Ambrose, who will also be competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race in Michigan the same weekend, will be making his 76th career NASCAR Nationwide Series start. He is a four-time winner in the series, all on road course circuits. Ambrose has also collected four poles, 16 top-10 and eight top-five finishes. This will be his first race at the Mid-Ohio track.

Just read on Jayski that Landon Cassill will be driving the #40 when Austin Dillon gets the #33 during ABC/ESPN's stint at races such as the Brickyard 400... Reason being.. It's worth Circle Sport fielding a car those weekends because they're telecast on ABC/ESPN.

BURN!

Back
Top Bottom