Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

The track workers did nothing to the track surface after the late models ran because it was well rubbered up towards the top. The trucks ran 150 laps with no adjustments to the surface.

Track was probably fine for LM.

BQY7T0lCIAA7XZ4.jpg

Yeah baby! Got the email today that my Martinsville tickets are in the mail for October. It's never to early to rate that race. 10/10

Tony's crash video from last night. I didn't see it if it was posted elsewhere.

Somehow that question directed at the 42-year old Stewart after the Brickyard about him "hanging up this silly driving habit" doesn't sound so unreasonable now.

Do you have to rub it in our faces every time you go to a race? ;)

Have fun like I know you will.
No need to worry, those race dates are being cut drastically next year. This will be our last trip to Bristol. We're giving up the camp sites as well. Many other things to concentrate over the next few years but we'll go back. Only Martinsville remaining this year. That one, I will not give up. THE best racing of the year IMO.

@nascarcasm
After an extensive search, Dreamworks has been unable to locate a snail that is even the least bit interested in running the Brickyard 400.

@bobpockrass
Just taking a look at operations, SMI has made $25.142M thru June this year, down from $26.843M from Jan-June 2012.

@nascarcasm
Whenever I see posts about SMI losing millions of dollars, I immediately think, "Bruton must have just misplaced his wallet."

So this is a stupid question (I ask those sometimes. :p ), but is there a limit on how many tires a team have per race? I ask this because there's no limit to tires or fuel in iRacing. It seems like the simulation would be more interesting (and fun) if you can only go to the pits a certain amount of time since you only have a certain amount of resources (tire and fuel).

So this is a stupid question (I ask those sometimes. :p ), but is there a limit on how many tires a team have per race? I ask this because there's no limit to tires or fuel in iRacing. It seems like the simulation would be more interesting (and fun) if you can only go to the pits a certain amount of time since you only have a certain amount of resources (tire and fuel).
Yes, there is a limit. This weeks limit is..... Sprint Cup: 5 sets for practice/qualifying and 9 sets for the race. I used to post this info each week although many seemed to have found it quite confusing but I digress.

Yes, there is a limit. This weeks limit is..... Sprint Cup: 5 sets for practice/qualifying and 9 sets for the race. I used to post this info each week although many seemed to have found it quite confusing but I digress.

Yea, kinda wish iRacing would put the same limits on their NASCAR Sprint Cup series. Seems like the drivers are pitting at every caution. There's no strategy when it comes to pit stops in the simulation.

42nd birthday this Sunday; 42nd start @ Pocono on Sunday. Coincidence? Who the heck knows? Sometimes numbers mean something. It's gotta be his day, right?

BQmLqP7CcAA0XVo.jpg:large

and if you turn 42 around you have 24.His car number.Now all he has to do is race in reverse and he may win it.

Jayski:

Pocono TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway on Sunday, Aug. 4, earned a 3.2 U.S. household rating, averaging 5,062,612 viewers, according to the Nielsen Company. The rating rose 10 percent from the 2012 race, which earned a 2.9 U.S. rating and averaged 4,448,849 viewers.(ESPN)(8-6-2013)

Jayski:

Pocono TV Ratings:ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway on Sunday, Aug. 4, earned a 3.2 U.S. household rating, averaging 5,062,612 viewers, according to the Nielsen Company. The rating rose 10 percent from the 2012 race, which earned a 2.9 U.S. rating and averaged 4,448,849 viewers.(ESPN)(8-6-2013)

Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom