Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

uploadfromtaptalk1376420304736.jpg

Seriously? Aero push at 84.3 mph? The old man is losing it. Crashes at WG last year, then again this year.

Bristol, Charlotte, Michigan, Daytona...it's looking like his rookie season all over again.

The emots are there on mine, just not highlighted. :):confused::eek::cheers:

They're between the "Image" icon and the "Indent" button. Right about^

I could really go for a burger right now...

@dustinlong

Kahne on Kenseth: "Matt has been pretty tough on me this year. He got me (@WGI); That's definitely on my mind.'
Kasey needs to start acting tough to these guys or they are keep going to push him around he still owes Shrub 3

@RCR31JeffBurton has a way to "spice up'' the All-Star race. ... What do you think of this idea? Here's what he says:

"We need to spice up our All-Star race. The way to do that isn't to go on dirt, it's to go to a real short track. Go to South Boston. Go to Hickory. Go to somewhere like that and have a race. The fans would freaking love it. It would help the local economy. It would help the local tracks. But it would help our sport in general.

"We miss the Trucks. We miss the Nationwide cars, we miss those guys being on real short tracks. In my opinion, it hurts our sport. We need a connection from the grass-root level up to the top and the way to do that is to put the Trucks and put the Nationwide cars back on some real short tracks, and, also, the Cup All-Star race should be on a short track. It should be on a real short track. The people in Charlotte are going to kill me for saying it. The reality of it is, they do a great job with the event, no question, but it's time for something new, it's time for something exciting, it's time for some energy. We've got to do something a little different that is not hokey, that's not made up. What's more not hokey, what's more natural than having to race on a short track where everybody grew up doing it, everybody grew up doing it. That's what we ought to do.''

Kasey needs to start acting tough to these guys or they are keep going to push him around he still owes Shrub 3
Not Going to happen. Khane has been that way his whole career. Kenseth almost got his years ago when teammate Carl almost let one go. Newman will hit anybody, Kenseth hits who he can get away with, Kahne hits nobody. I think we have another Kahne coming up with Larson. Kyle will hit most, but he shy's away from Stewart, Harvick, and Newman for the most part.

Agree on all parts with Jeff Burton.
talk like that has been going on for years, should it happen, you bet. Know why it isn't happening? IMO the money people that are running the show can't make a buck on it. The truck race if it had busted out the ratings might have changed their minds. constant pressure for more road racing, has put one more road race on the schedule, but it is N'wide. If they do anything with short tracks, I bet it will be with trucks. fine with me, I will take what I can get. But the fat cats are going to keep their big tracks going as long as they keep getting paid big bucks.

talk like that has been going on for years, should it happen, you bet. Know why it isn't happening? IMO the money people that are running the show can't make a buck on it. The truck race if it had busted out the ratings might have changed their minds. constant pressure for more road racing, has put one more road race on the schedule, but it is N'wide. If they do anything with short tracks, I bet it will be with trucks. fine with me, I will take what I can get. But the fat cats are going to keep their big tracks going as long as they keep getting paid big bucks.
He said basically the same thing back in January or February during media days: “It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that if you put 43 cars on a half-mile racetrack, you’re going to have more action than if you put 43 cars on a mile-and-a-half racetrack." I can see them continuing to move Trucks and maybe Nationwide back to their roots, but with SMI and ISC running the show it will be a long time before we ever see this at the Cup level.

He said basically the same thing back in January or February during media days: “It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that if you put 43 cars on a half-mile racetrack, you’re going to have more action than if you put 43 cars on a mile-and-a-half racetrack." I can see them continuing to move Trucks and maybe Nationwide back to their roots, but with SMI and ISC running the show it will be a long time before we ever see this at the Cup level.
Only way to see that at the cup level IMO is if sponsors and TV people desert the ship. They built the big tracks, you can see with the remod at Daytona they are plushing up the high buck areas and loosing the cheap seats. Corporate racing for the gold chainers.

Poor Jeff. He's the first driver in nascar history to blame his road wreck on aero push.

Won't be the last. You are being a blind hater, watch the on-car. You can SEE him lose the nose.. Otherwise he just jerked the wheel to the left on exit, which is highly unlikely..

As far as 85 mph.. How? they haul the mail all the way up the hill and are doing almost a buck-ninety into the bus stop.

That wreck pissed me off, I'm not gonna defend my driver if they legitimately f up. I won't go as far as saying you're trolling, but definitely hating. LOL

edit: after reading my response I feel like a fish on a hook. Balls man!

Last edited:
I won't go as far as saying you're trolling, but definitely hating. LOL

What can I say? I was bored.:)

I like Jeff. What happened to him is the fault of the Gen 6 being so fast on road courses. I would love to see nascar rip the splitters off for the next road race.

I don't know if this was posted. Kasey Kahne had tweeted after Matt wrecked him at the Glen that he was going down to JGR to see who would come out front and talk to him about their wrecking him 4 times this year. (Hamlin tweeted back 'I'll talk to you, my friend) Now Kasey explains.

Kasey Kahne addresses his Tweeter challenge to JGR ->

The Twitter stuff, I was just frustrated and at the same time trying to make fun of it. I just tweeted about going down there. I had a few texts and different people tweeting me back. It ended up being kind of entertaining and I enjoyed it.
I wasn't happy about Matt crashing me at Watkins Glen at all. I feel like we had a great car and we were trying to make moves, come up through there. I don't know if he had a problem with Ambrose. He said he didn't. Other people around, seemed like he might have.
I don't know what happened. I just know he missed the corner, wiped me out. I gave them guys plenty of room. It was frustrating to get crashed at that point in the race for something like that.
The whole Gibbs thing, this is the fourth time this year a Gibbs car has crashed me when I've been running. I mean, that was 11th. But the others were for first, second, fifth. We've lost tons and tons of points because of those guys. It doesn't sit real well with me at all.

Has he spoken w Kenseth?

KASEY KAHNE: He texted me, I don't know, five to eight times apologizing, trying to explain what happened, how he felt really bad about how it happened and all that stuff. I understand and I appreciate the texts.
At the same time, we're trying to get in the Chase. It hurts when you get wiped out when you're minding your own business. It's happened enough this year that I don't know what I can do about it, but I definitely am not pleased. It's really annoying and upsetting.

More....

More Kahne frustration w/ Kenseth. He ain't over it ->

Has Kahne ever wrecked someone repeatedly? ->

It's never happened to me. Kind of makes me think I need to start taking cars out. But it hasn't happened to me. I don't know what it would be like on that side of it.

Just looking at the incidents with (Kenseth) and Kyle (Busch), we've always had conversations after the fact. They've explained and felt bad about it. Truthfully, Kyle races me really good all the time. It's not really on my mind when I'm racing with Kyle.
Matt has been pretty tough on me a lot this year. He got me there. That's definitely on my mind. I just kind of see things the way I see it. I would expect a little difference out of him, but you never know. We'll see how it goes.

-----------------

This really surprise me. Kyle was really careless 2 of the 3 times he wrecked Kasey. Matt just messed up while giving someone else a hard time. I don't get it.

I don't know if this was posted. Kasey Kahne had tweeted after Matt wrecked him at the Glen that he was going down to JGR to see who would come out front and talk to him about their wrecking him 4 times this year. (Hamlin tweeted back 'I'll talk to you, my friend) Now Kasey explains.

Kasey Kahne addresses his Tweeter challenge to JGR ->

The Twitter stuff, I was just frustrated and at the same time trying to make fun of it. I just tweeted about going down there. I had a few texts and different people tweeting me back. It ended up being kind of entertaining and I enjoyed it.
I wasn't happy about Matt crashing me at Watkins Glen at all. I feel like we had a great car and we were trying to make moves, come up through there. I don't know if he had a problem with Ambrose. He said he didn't. Other people around, seemed like he might have.
I don't know what happened. I just know he missed the corner, wiped me out. I gave them guys plenty of room. It was frustrating to get crashed at that point in the race for something like that.
The whole Gibbs thing, this is the fourth time this year a Gibbs car has crashed me when I've been running. I mean, that was 11th. But the others were for first, second, fifth. We've lost tons and tons of points because of those guys. It doesn't sit real well with me at all.

Has he spoken w Kenseth?

KASEY KAHNE: He texted me, I don't know, five to eight times apologizing, trying to explain what happened, how he felt really bad about how it happened and all that stuff. I understand and I appreciate the texts.
At the same time, we're trying to get in the Chase. It hurts when you get wiped out when you're minding your own business. It's happened enough this year that I don't know what I can do about it, but I definitely am not pleased. It's really annoying and upsetting.

And after all that he'll do nothing to the guys that have wrecked him. Every driver out there w/ the exception of JJ and KyBusch are all content with whatever happens out there. "Oh he wrecked me and cost my team a lot of money and me a lot of points, but he texted me". That's what big league stock car racing has become. Kasey should've of kept his 140 characters of balls and used them to stuff Kenseth in the fence at Michigan. Old school baby:cool:

Back
Top Bottom