Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

He should have stuffed Kyle after the first wreck, which was the result of an intentional hit. Perhaps Kasey lets it slide when the other guy wrecks too. If you don't give payback from time to time, these guys will race like idiots around you because they feel you'll understand if things go wrong.

While I'll agree that he caused the mess, I don't see where Kenseth intentionally wrecked Kahne.

Mrs. Kenseth isn't breast feeding in public again, is she? :eek:

Prior to their trip to Michigan, Danica Patrick, crew chief Tony Gibson and the rest of the #10 team participated in a two-day test at Nashville Superspeedway in Lebanon, Tenn., as the quest for speed and better results continues.(SHR)(8-15-2013)

World's worst racing photographer?
P6gRhar.jpg

it makes sense because Espn has other sports they can go to and they're not going to lose people over Nascar. NBC sports network and Fsn1 are both in need of content that Espn doesn't have to drive up the prices. Nascar is now stable tv wise for 10 years.. That said, Nascar still has to do it's part to grow the sport again or when the rights come up and other sports are on the table, Nascar won't get the same deal.

Want a thought problem? I have been thinking, the Wood Brothers have been driving Fords exclusively for what...almost 6 and a half decades now. But over the past 20 or so ears, they have kind of been put on the backburner while Ford supported other teams much more(Roush, then Petty to a lesser extent, now Penske). Ford's support for secondary and/or satellite teams withered so much that operations like Yates had to either fold or consolidate with other teams.

With that said, could Wood Brothers eventually be forced to switch to another manufacturer to survive?

Want a thought problem? I have been thinking, the Wood Brothers have been driving Fords exclusively for what...almost 6 and a half decades now. But over the past 20 or so ears, they have kind of been put on the backburner while Ford supported other teams much more(Roush, then Petty to a lesser extent, now Penske). Ford's support for secondary and/or satellite teams withered so much that operations like Yates had to either fold or consolidate with other teams.

With that said, could Wood Brothers eventually be forced to switch to another manufacturer to survive?

Wouldn't you think that manufacturer support is minimal compared to the amount that sponsors pony up? If that's the case ,the Wood Bros. need a sponsor more than a manufacturer .

Oh common. Gordon finally has a unique paint scheme this weekend & McMurray has the exact same style. If those 2 are running around each other the areal views are gunna piss me off

I take it you will be there all week, that's a lot of BL. I too am jealous.
Have a great time.
All week is right! Wait, what was that? Did you hear that too? Why that was my first BL that just got cracked open. You'll be hearing that a lot over the next week.

All week is right! Wait, what was that? Did you hear that too? Why that was my first BL that just got cracked open. You'll be hearing that a lot over the next week.

Prove me wrong , see if they are selling Thunder Valley Nascar shirts or hats .When I was there , they told me those were only sold during the drag races , not the Nascar races .

Heh , what else has he got to do . A week in Bristol ? He'll run out of Bud lights . It's the "Birthplace of Country Music " you know.

49 cars on the NNS Bristol entry list. I think that's the most attempting any Truck/Nationwide/Cup race this season.

2nd day here in Bristol. Lots more RV's showing up today. Way to early to know if the crowd will be better than last year's night race. I stopped at the ticket office today to pick up my truck tickets. I asked if they still had many tickets for Saturday's race. The girl told me they had a lot of seats left. Right now we are camped @ the BMS staging area. Bristol's track campgrounds open tomorrow at 9am. The campground that we will be moving to is sold out for this race. It hasn't for the last two fall races.

Back
Top Bottom