Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BVvvqeWIcAAy07k.jpg:large

I'm gonna spin Bowyer just to show NAPA I'm one of the good guys. Then I'll park in Vickers pit so Clint can't get his lap back. That ought to get me a sponsor.

lol ...at the corner of conspiracy court.

Well, as your hero would say, there ain't no Jr on that there sign.:p
lol

Don't forget to stop by Martinsville on your way home. Andy's there. You'll find him in line at the hot dog stand. He's not real hard to spot. Just holler out 'ESPN sucks!' and look for the one with a big smile on this face.

lol

Don't forget to stop by Martinsville on your way home. Andy's there. You'll find him in line at the hot dog stand. He's not real hard to spot. Just holler out 'ESPN sucks!' and look for the one with a big smile on this face.

lol I told Andy I wanted to meet up so I could see what color he turns after all them hotdogs he eats at Martinsville. He said he'll be too busy eating to meet up.

For you Eldora fans out there that have AT&T here's some good news.

@EldoraSpeedway
There is @ATT service - full bars at 4G - and soon to be LTE. We have lobbied all carriers. ATT stepped up

Doesn't help us Verizon fans yet but you Sprint & AT&T fans are all set now.

LOL @ Hammond bragging about JJ Cobb finishing 22nd at Kansas last year.

I have noticed that Nascar is getting some attention at a lot of different types of events here in Southern Ca this year. I saw Kyle Busches Nationwide car at all of the Monster Energy SuperCross races at Angel Stadium earlier in the year, and then i saw Brad Keselowski's Nationwide car last weekend at the Orange County Hot Rod Show at the Orange County fair grounds, and then I saw Kyle Busches Cup Car at the Orange County Auto Show today at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Last edited:
Several notable drivers that Mark Martin has competed against in a NASCAR Cup race:

Rusty Wallace
Terry Labonte
Dale Jarrett
Ricky Rudd
Bill Elliott
Dale Earnhardt
Darrell Waltrip
Harry Gant
Davey Allison
Alan Kulwicki
Tim Richmond
Buddy Baker
A.J. Foyt
Johnny Rutherford
Richard Childress
Benny Parsons
Cale Yarborough
Richard Petty
Bobby Allison
David Pearson

@bobpockrass

NASCAR: “We’re finalizing a few details on the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule and expect to have it ready next week.”

Kansas TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway on Sunday, Oct. 6, earned a 2.6 U.S. household rating, averaging 4,162,371 viewers, according to Nielsen Media. The rating and viewership for the fourth race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup were up from last year's race, which earned a 2.5 rating and averaged 3,896,638 viewers. It was the highest-rated and most-viewed race so far in this year's Chase. The three Chase races this season that have been run and telecast as scheduled have seen ratings and viewership increases over last year. The opening race of the Chase at Chicagoland Speedway was rain-delayed.
Greenville, S.C., was the highest-rated metered market in the country for the Kansas race, earning an 8.2 rating, while Greensboro, N.C., was second at 8.1. Norfolk, Va., was third at 6.2, followed by Birmingham, Ala., at 6.1 and Knoxville, Tenn., at 6.0. Charlotte, N.C., was sixth at 5.7, with Orlando, Fla., (5.3), Jacksonville, Fla., and Richmond, Va., (both with 5.2) and Tampa-St. Petersburg and Indianapolis (both with 5.1) rounding out the top 10 markets.
ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Kansas Speedway on Saturday, Oct. 5, earned a 1.1 U.S. household rating, averaging 1,628,998 viewers. Last year's race earned a 1.3 rating with 2,049,032 viewers.

from jayski.....

Even if this guy does it, it still won't have been in a Cup car like Bill Elliott. Bill will still be the King of Speed there IMO.

Colin Braun attempting to break Daytona speed record: In a joint effort between Michael Shank Racing, Ford Racing and Continental Tire, the 2012 Rolex 24 at Daytona championship team with Colin Braun behind the wheel will aim to set a new track record at the World Center of Speed Wednesday (Oct. 9) by eclipsing the 210.364 mph lap laid down Feb. 9, 1987, by NASCAR champion Bill Elliott, who pushed his Ford Thunderbird to the top of the speed charts in qualifying for the Daytona 500.(Ford Racing)
AND Michael Shank will provide a Daytona Prototype race car, and Ford will bring its six-cylinder power plant it says is similar to EcoBoost engines in its street vehicles. Ford is renting the track for the record-breaking attempt, and Shank predicts his car will top out around 220 mph with 25-year-old Colin Braun at the wheel. The speed session is scheduled to start in the morning and will be closed to the public and the media. Weather permitting, Shank expects Elliott's record to be toppled by noon.

Apparently this is what it will take to do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom