Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BWI6Zv2CMAA9SpQ.jpg:large

BWI6PsaCYAAhLoF.jpg:large

@nascarcasm
Not surprised Ryan Newman no longer included in Stewart-Haas Racing team meetings. Sometimes they don't even include Stewart.

Ain't that the truth?

Here's a football field configuration at Bristol Motor Speedway from 1961 when the Washington Redskins played the Philadelphia Eagles in a preseason game.

brb-566x305.jpg

Those are some pretty cool pictures. Had a chat about this today with some VT people and they were a little concerned it was to far of a drive for a game (were near baltimore/dc). I mentioned that you obviously have to camp to get the full experience and bascially got blank stares. :wacko: Rookies..

Those are some pretty cool pictures. Had a chat about this today with some VT people and they were a little concerned it was to far of a drive for a game (were near baltimore/dc). I mentioned that you obviously have to camp to get the full experience and bascially got blank stares. :wacko: Rookies..
Isn't Virginia Tech near Roanoke, Va? That's not all that far from BMS.

Sorry. Reread that. You're near DC. Ah okay.

So..... Bill Elliott's record @ Daytona of 210.364 was shattered - Ford Racing EcoBoost prototype sets new Daytona speed record: 222.971 mph

Yeah, that's cool and all. I guess. Look what the heck it took to do it.

Link

Ford is pushing the heck out of the 6 banger eco boost engine, trying to sell trucks. About the only thing Eco on that thing is the name on the valve covers. The BMW engine in that series has been dominating until this year. Chevy is on top this year, then the bimmers and then the Fords in distant third. Sounds like they have a good engine for next year.

@dustinlong

#NASCAR … it's official: Darlington Cup race moves to April 12. It will be a night race.

Kansas also announces its 2nd Cup date of 2014 will be Oct. 5.

@nateryan

After 2005-12 run on Mother's Day weekend, Darlington moves its Southern 500 to April 12 in 2014. Kansas gets Saturday night May 12

Trucks will be in Kansas for May weekend; Nationwide in Kansas for October.

Last edited:
So I saw Kyle Busch's Nationwide hauler pulling into the Pilot off of Exit 63 on I-85 today. Thought about stopping at the Pilot and talking with the driver, but I had a dog to pick up and I'm sure the driver had his own timetable to keep.

Heh, I love this video, and nice to see Steve Letarte mention iRacing as well.

The last lap was the most important --- where Dale was showing Steve the bumps in the track. I think Steve has a better idea
now of what the car does.

I'm kinda surprised that Chad or Steve never had wheel time. I mean how can they be an effective crew chief if they don't know the ins and out of stock car racing and what the track feels like to the driver?

I'm kinda surprised that Chad or Steve never had wheel time. I mean how can they be an effective crew chief if they don't know the ins and out of stock car racing and what the track feels like to the driver?

That could be one of the reasons so few drivers and crew chiefs click. Drivers don't work on the cars and crew chiefs don't drive.

Back
Top Bottom