Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

oyEi1hk.jpg

t4WxqWu.jpg

I'm kinda surprised by this, I thought Furniture Row wanted to be the only name on the 78.

I like it except for the rear quarter panel, the CAT decal and stripe just slant downwards, it's a little off putting.

a suttle change I have noticed is that Nascar has the teams recessing the tire cutting exhaust pipes on the car, not to mention the shredding splitter ends that were changed a bit before the COT was phased out I think. I know the splitter was blended on the new car. They can at least touch now without someone blowing a tire or cutting a stem.

a suttle change I have noticed is that Nascar has the teams recessing the tire cutting exhaust pipes on the car, not to mention the shredding splitter ends that were changed a bit before the COT was phased out I think. I know the splitter was blended on the new car. They can at least touch now without someone blowing a tire or cutting a stem.
I wish they could touch without destroying the aero on both cars

if you would watch closely, there are all kinds of ways to use the air to either suck down a faster car or loosen or tighten them up depending on which fender they get close too. That is where so many feuds between drivers start. watch when a driver behind is P.O.'d with another one. The safe ride around distance isn't there and they work em over. Tony is great at it.

if you would watch closely, there are all kinds of ways to use the air to either suck down a faster car or loosen or tighten them up depending on which fender they get close too. That is where so many feuds between drivers start. watch when a driver behind is P.O.'d with another one. The safe ride around distance isn't there and they work em over. Tony is great at it.
That doesn't grant my wish

Same here. I watched the hard racing go away when the CoT arrived. First it was cut tire stems from the exposed splitter, then guys started complaining about the cars getting slower after minor contact. The bum and run has become an invisible aero game that wrecks someone all too often. Most didn't catch it, but JJ's big Charlotte wreck in the 2011 chase was caused by Kasey closing fast on his bumper, even though he never got within 2 feet of JJ's spoiler, the air bubble from the front end took away his downforce and sent him to the wall.

I hate this aero sheet. I want to SEE what decides these races, not theorize about it.

Ah ,the venerated old aero debate . Back again is it? Isn't it aero that keeps the slower cars from being able to pass the faster cars ? We should have a seperate thread for this .:)

Same here. I watched the hard racing go away when the CoT arrived. First it was cut tire stems from the exposed splitter, then guys started complaining about the cars getting slower after minor contact. The bum and run has become an invisible aero game that wrecks someone all too often. Most didn't catch it, but JJ's big Charlotte wreck in the 2011 chase was caused by Kasey closing fast on his bumper, even though he never got within 2 feet of JJ's spoiler, the air bubble from the front end took away his downforce and sent him to the wall.

I hate this aero sheet. I want to SEE what decides these races, not theorize about it.

Careful, I don't think aero/air is yet on the list of acceptable subjects to be discussed here;)

It'll take a while to get this sorted out but for right now, two things will be tolerated; 1. Brian France is a genius, who is above reproach and question. 2. Nascar is/was/always will be 100% perfect and real fans swallow whatever dosage of saltpeter they're offered.

Please remain within these boundaries, unless you can prove ownership of a Gold Account - then do whatever the hell you want to do :cool:

FB, all those things were happening long before the COT hit the track, except for the splitter cutting tire stems. But tire stems were getting ripped off from side contact long before the COT.

I don't recall drivers complaining about the COT getting slower after minor contact. What I recall is that the thing could slap the wall with seemingly no affect on their speed. It seemed like the COT was much tougher in that respect. I remember hearing that many times the first year of the COT.
But the cars have been so aero dependent for so long that at some tracks minor contact can have a significant affect on speed. It's been that way long before the COT.

The aero bump and run was happening long before the COT as well. Drivers would ride right on another car's rear and take the air off the spoiler to make the car loose through the turns. It's been happening for many years.

I'm not sure how far back you're talking about when you say you watched hard racing go away when the COT arrived. But you'd have to go back pretty far to get to where some of the things you're talking about weren't a factor due to the aero thing.

FB, all those things were happening long before the COT hit the track, except for the splitter cutting tire stems. But tire stems were getting ripped off from side contact long before the COT.

I don't recall drivers complaining about the COT getting slower after minor contact. What I recall is that the thing could slap the wall with seemingly no affect on their speed. It seemed like the COT was much tougher in that respect. I remember hearing that many times the first year of the COT.
But the cars have been so aero dependent for so long that at some tracks minor contact can have a significant affect on speed. It's been that way long before the COT.

The aero bump and run was happening long before the COT as well. Drivers would ride right on another car's rear and take the air off the spoiler to make the car loose through the turns. It's been happening for many years.

I'm not sure how far back you're talking about when you say you watched hard racing go away when the COT arrived. But you'd have to go back pretty far to get to where some of the things you're talking about weren't a factor due to the aero thing.
This.

And I'd only add that aero has always been a factor sine the beginning of racing only it wasn't a know factor.

@dustinlong
#NASCAR … RCR announces that Brendan Gaughan will move to Nationwide full-time next season.

Shane Wilson will be the crew chief for Gaughan next year, number will be 62.

Gaughan has no Cup plans. "I'm not really worried about Sprint Cup anymore. I'm 38 years old, and just happy RCR has a home for me."

Last edited:

I guess. The only thing I remember out the COT and car contact was you could knock the car infront of you as hard as you wanted and it wouldn't do a damn thing. The fenders matched up too evenly. Like two flat surfaces hitting each other

@MartySmithESPN
RCR announces here at Dega that it will field 3 NNS teams in 2014, w/ Ty Dillon, Brendan Gaughan & a third team with Menard/A. Dillon.

@dustinlong
#NASCAR … RCR announces that Brendan Gaughan will move to Nationwide full-time next season.

Shane Wilson will be the crew chief for Gaughan next year, number will be 62.

Gaughan has no Cup plans. "I'm not really worried about Sprint Cup anymore. I'm 38 years old, and just happy RCR has a home for me."

At least he's being realistic about it. Good luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom