Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I walked by the mirror and was confused because this is what I saw, :confused:, then it dawned on me that I've been reading too many posts on here too often. :)

Talladega TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway on Sunday, Oct. 20, earned a 3.1 U.S. household rating, averaging 4,916,193 viewers, according to Nielsen Media. The rating was the second-highest in six races held so far in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Last year's race at Talladega earned a 3.2 U.S. rating with an average of 5,113,374 viewers. With a 10.2 rating, Greensboro, N.C., led all metered markets across the country for the race telecast, followed by Greenville, S.C., with 9.5 and Birmingham, Ala., with 8.2. Knoxville, Tenn., was fourth with 7.0 while tied for fifth were Indianapolis and Norfolk, Va., at 6.8. Rounding out the top 10 markets were Charlotte, N.C., 6.4; Orlando, Fla., 5.8; Jacksonville, Fla., 5.6 and Nashville, Tenn., 5.3.

I keep losing track on this. I thought we were working on fixing aero and plate racing and now we're on to fixing the pit stop procedures? It's tough keeping up. :D

We probably need a dedicated thread where we can identify and fix all of the problems associated with NASCAR. Wait a second. We already do. It's all of the threads that are below this one. ;)

lol I must be soothing living in your perfect world. ;)

Teams are shutting down, stands are half empty, viewership is down, Dodge left.......and you think all is fine? I'm going to start calling you sand man.

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

;)

lol I must be soothing living in your perfect world. ;)

Teams are shutting down, stands are half empty, viewership is down, Dodge left.......and you think all is fine? I'm going to start calling you sand man.

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

;)
Boy you read a lot into my post.

I'm simply saying that almost all of the threads on here recently have turned into nothing more than a bitch about NASCAR Thread. Doesn't anyone out there enjoy this sport any more?

Boy you read a lot into my post.

I'm simply saying that almost all of the threads on here recently have turned into nothing more than a bitch about NASCAR Thread. Doesn't anyone out there enjoy this sport any more?

Yes, yes I did. :D

People are engaged and putting out ideas, wishes and want's to make things even better. That's not a bad thing, IMO.

I freakin' love nascar. That may not come thru if you read too much into my posts.

Yes, yes I did. :D

People are engaged and putting out ideas, wishes and want's to make things even better. That's not a bad thing, IMO.

I freakin' love nascar. That may not come thru if you read too much into my posts.

I agree with Fender, I love stock car racing as well, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvements.

Well I may not agree with you on The Podium, but so far you've been spot on when it comes to Stock Car racing. :cheers:

lol The podium is what it is, a play ground. Even I didn't agree with half the sheet I posted there. Just :dual9mm:back.

Besides, those episodes were long ago and far away. :cool:

Race drivers drive to the checkered flag on the track. Over at Hendrick Motorsports technicians' race to build NASCAR engines.

This year Robert Marock and Jay Wiles beat 11 other teams to win the 12th annual Randy Dorton Hendrick Engine Builder Showdown. The late Randy Dorton was Hendrick Motorsports' master engine builder until he lost his life in a plane crash nine years ago on his way to a NASCAR race in Martinsville.

If you want some GREAT stories, read the book Buddy Baker wrote with David Poole.
Flat Out and Half Turned over - Tales from Pit Road

Buddy can really tell a good story.

Also, 2 books by Peter Golenbrock
American Zoom
The Last Lap

thanks TRL. I'm sure the libraries down south will have them for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom