Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I've always thought a pit stop in a ride along would be worth an extra $100. Scraping the wall at top speed, $200. Spinning out, $300. I would pay an extra $500 to back into the wall, but that wouldn't be profitable.
I would think a ride along with Danica you could expect some, if not all of that would happen.:growl:

Emma Blaney, Ryan Blaney and Ricky Stenhouse win Twitter for today.

1378313_10100311039826003_2074707016_n.jpg

So after watching two awesome races at Martinsville, I am convince that NASCAR needs to turn their Nationwide series into a short track series.

I don't think that they are going away. I think that Aspen Dental had just signed up for some races with her. That's all.

Ah cool, well it's nice to see a new company sponsor a car for a few races. Gives some authenticity to the sport that's been feeling too "corporate" lately.

Cool sig FL. Coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Gordon must have been watching alot of Fast and Furious. :p

Cool sig FL. Coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Gordon must have been watching alot of Fast and Furious. :p
He could give Pastrana and company a run for their money in RallyCross if the whole NASCAR thing doesn't pan out.

I do love the sig line. Been trying to find the second part of that burnout since Sunday.

I just read in an article that there was a girl named Christmas Abbott, a cross-fit instructor, who was attempting to be the first full time female Cup series pit crew member, apparently she had been hired by Michael Waltrip racing. Well in this article, it was said that she & MWR have parted ways & that she had never even worked one Cup race but they neglected to mention why they parted. Doe's anyone got any other information on this one.

I just read in an article that there was a girl named Christmas Abbott, a cross-fit instructor, who was attempting to be the first full time female Cup series pit crew member, apparently she had been hired by Michael Waltrip racing. Well in this article, it was said that she & MWR have parted ways & that she had never even worked one Cup race but they neglected to mention why they parted. Doe's anyone got any other information on this one.

MWR not using a female in a cup race....why does this not surprise me?

A girl ? In Nascar racing? She likely gets booed everytime she goes to a race track and has people arguing about the size of her boobs. Why in the world would she sign up for that?

Maybe she just was didn't like it or wasn't very good at pit crewing. I'm sure way more fail than succeed.

Nice wrap job, what happened to GoDaddy though?

On a side note to that, Go Daddy has dropped out of Indy Car and decided to put their focus on Danica and NASCAR. Aspen Dental has come on for a couple of races per year. Good stuff for NASCAR regardless of how one feels about the driver.

That's very true. TV doesn't do racing justice in most areas. The cheer from the crowd when Jeff won was impressive.
Yes, that was cool. He's not my driver but I even found myself rooting for him.

Different topic on the race. Did you notice the fans that get up to leave the track before the end of the race? Frankly, I don't know why this burns me so much. I mean, it's their money their wasting and not mine. And, I guess if it wasn't for them it would be tougher for those of us that really like this sport to get out of there afterwards.

Yes, that was cool. He's not my driver but I even found myself rooting for him.

Different topic on the race. Did you notice the fans that get up to leave the track before the end of the race? Frankly, I don't know why this burns me so much. I mean, it's their money their wasting and not mine. And, I guess if it wasn't for them it would be tougher for those of us that really like this sport to get out of there afterwards.

I guess their driver was out of it, but it gave me an even clearer view of the track.

The most surprising fan reaction of the weekend was how many boo's Denny got in his home state. When Crafton spun him the crowd went wild. Maybe they had too many beers and thought Kyle was driving.

As I'm walking thru lot #17, I see 2 good old boys having a roll around fight. I sat on the grassy knoll and watched. It was funny as hell. It ended with both puking from exhaustion. lol

I guess their driver was out of it, but it gave me an even clearer view of the track.

The most surprising fan reaction of the weekend was how many boo's Denny got in his home state. When Crafton spun him the crowd went wild. Maybe they had too many beers and thought Kyle was driving.

As I'm walking thru lot #17, I see 2 good old boys having a roll around fight. I sat on the grassy knoll and watched. It was funny as hell. It ended with both puking from exhaustion. lol
The area that we sit in has had the same people there for years. I see the same people year after year get up and leave.

Speaking of the view of the track. Some guy that sits directly in front of my seat is a wannabe AP Sports photograper or something. He's got a lense on his camera longer than my, ahh, foot. Every year without fail he feels the need to stand for laps at a time until I politely remind him to sit the eff down. Some of us are trying to watch the race unfold. He always complies so no big deal but one of these days you may see him and I rolling around in the stands if he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom