Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Here is a picture of me high fiving Jeff yesterday! :D

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ddie-gossage-greets-jeff-news-photo/186737253

You can see my faded black/red hat and glasses on the far left. I was leaning wayyyy over to try to reach him. I can't find one that shows me better. I guess I should be lucky though, as this is one of a few high five pics I am able to find at all.

The website gave me an estimate of $2,000 to purchase the image. :eek:

BYUVHh5CcAAqYoi.jpg:large

From Jayski:

Texas TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday, Nov. 3, earned a 2.6 U.S. household rating, averaging 4,179,369 viewers, according to Nielsen Media. The rating and viewership rose from last year's race, which earned a 2.5 rating with an average of 3,943,274 viewers. Of the seven races in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup that have been run and telecast as scheduled, six have had ratings and viewership growth over last year. The opening race of the Chase at Chicagoland Speedway was delayed by rain.
Greenville, S.C., led all metered markets in the country with an 8.9 rating for the Texas race, followed by Greensboro, N.C., at 7.8. Birmingham, Ala., Knoxville, Tenn., and Norfolk, Va., tied for third with a 6.1 rating. Rounding out the top 10 were Indianapolis, 5.4; Jacksonville, Fla., 5.3; Charlotte, N.C., 4.9; Richmond, Va., 4.8 and Nashville, Tenn., 4.7.
ESPN2's live telecast of the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Texas on Saturday, Nov. 2, earned a 0.9 U.S. household rating, averaging 1,395,260 viewers. Last year's race earned a 1.0 rating with an average of 1,663,629 viewers.

I wouldn't be surprised is Austin gets complaints about that picture, mostly from people eating a burger while typing.

So, maybe someone can explain this. It seems that whenever Kenseth is running well, he's in contention for the lead (or win) he's not happy with how the car is handling. I....don't get this, I mean if I'm in contention for the win and I'm moving forward in the pack, I'm happier than a beaver in a Redwood Forest.

I just got a knock on the door. Long story short, I introduced Tony, one of my childhood buddies (friends for 30+ years) to a girl that I've known for about 15 years. I wound up being their best man. He owned a body shop where I had free run to work on all of my cars ( I got to drive a lot of Ferraris there.)
He and I used to go to NASCAR races. He had a crazy die-cast collection.
He wound up having some kind of a medical issue and passed away abruptly about 5 years ago. His widow is still my very good friend. I had some personal issues lately, some of you may remember that I wasn't on the RF website for a while. She was concerned but gave me the time that I requested. Today she shows up out of the blue and gives me one of Tony's favorite die-cast cars.
It's the Dupont Chameleon paint scheme Monte Carlo that Jeffy ran at the Charlotte night race.

She had to sell his collection of die-cast cars recently because of financial difficulties, but she saved one of his favorites for me. :)

I just got a knock on the door. Long story short, I introduced Tony, one of my childhood buddies (friends for 30+ years) to a girl that I've known for about 15 years. I wound up being their best man. He owned a body shop where I had free run to work on all of my cars ( I got to drive a lot of Ferraris there.)
He wound up having some kind of a medical issue and passed away abruptly about 5 years ago. His widow is still my very good friend. I had some personal issues lately, some of you may remember that I wasn't on the RF website for a while. She was concerned but gave me the time that I requested. Today she shows up out of the blue and gives me one of Tony's favorite die-cast cars.
It's the Dupont Chameleon paint scheme Monte Carlo that Jeffy ran at the Charlotte night race.

She had to sell his collection of die-cast cars recently because of financial difficulties, but she saved one of his favorites for me. :)

That's a shame about your friend BF, but cool of her to make sure you got something that meant a lot to him. He had some fine taste too I must say:) Now at least you can say you own a Chevy now :D

That's a shame about your friend BF, but cool of her to make sure you got something that meant a lot to him. He had some fine taste too I must say:) Now at least you can say you own a Chevy now :D
I'm car nut. There are plenty of GM cars that I'd love to own. Many are Cadillacs. I have a friend that owns 90 Chevrolets; most are 60's Corvettes and Camaros. He just sold his Yenko. I can drive any one of them (pretty cool friend, eh?)

Incidentally, my buddy Tony, that passed away painted the famous 488" hemi-powered '57 Plymouth Christine car owned by Al Scheib (son of Earl Scheib.) Google it and take a look, it's in the Peterson Car Museum now. Tony also painted Al's Lavender Cadillac coupe.
Before Tony passed away, I remember Al coming by and giving Tony a signed Hot Wheels die-cast car that Mattel made of the '57 Plymouth.

Here's a cool story. It the late 50's (I believe), Zora Duntov, father of GM fuel injection, was experimenting with attaching a blower to a small block Chevy. It is my understanding that there were 3 prototype intake manifolds that incorporated a 471 blower and an early GM fuelie intake manifold. Initially, the belt drive blower utilized V-belt pullies, which just squealed and slipped the belts. Also, they didn't realize that if you pumped air into the motor faster than it could accept it, the result would be lower end failure. After many, many hours and many different design revisions, the third prototype fuelie intake manifold with the 471 blower had cog-toothed pullies and belts, to eliminate belt slippage and a revised early fuelie mechanical fuel pump, along with improvements to the lower end involving forged components. Popular Hot Rodding published a write-up with the history, performance specifications and revisions to the prototype blower/manifold combo, along with pictures.
My friend with the 90 GM cars HAS the third prototype blower/intake manifold, restored and in a box, in his garage, along with a copy of the Popular Hot Rodding issue and correct documentation, verifying the authenticity of the manifold.

Classy lady. Hopefully she gets her financial difficulties sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom