Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

IDK. I tried to look on the seating map for the Sir Malcolm Campbell grandstand, but it isn't listed.

Decent 500 tickets are around $270, so that's more than double inflation.
Campbell tickets go for $170 for the 500. It's the lower section surrounding the S/F line that Larson hit (assuming they haven't moved the names around since then).

BenEb_yCEAAR4yd.jpg:large

Campbell tickets go for $170 for the 500. It's the lower section surrounding the S/F line that Larson hit (assuming they haven't moved the names around since then).

You're right. There is no Campbell tower because the Sprint tower took the spot, but the GS seats are pretty cheap. Just wouldn't see much of the race from the GS with all the infield stuff these days.

From Robin Miller's Racer.com mailbag on open wheel racing:

Q: Will this credit mess at Target affect funding for IndyCar teams?
Terry Vantine, Elkhart, Indiana

RM: I haven't heard any problems regarding the racing programs sponsored by Target but I did hear that some of the technical data from Ganassi's stock car team was hacked and then returned because nobody wanted to buy it.

So, are you gonna pony up the half mil? Since I'd like to have a new job, I'm thinking of posting my resume on a car. Maybe Jr's since he's having trouble finding a good sponsor. I'm sure I'd get a call or two.

The Blanston Resume Chevy.... Haha.

So, are you gonna pony up the half mil? Since I'd like to have a new job, I'm thinking of posting my resume on a car. Maybe Jr's since he's having trouble finding a good sponsor. I'm sure I'd get a call or two.

The Blanston Resume Chevy.... Haha.

It'd be interesting to have sponsor refer to a car as the "SpeedPagan's Kennel machine". :XXROFL:

Bristol, the 1971 Volunteer 500. Won by Charlie Glotzbach. Finishing 3 laps ahead of second place
Bobby Allison and 6 laps ahead of 3rd place Richard Petty.

BetlPStCYAIY4_i.jpg:large

I may have missed the post or not but NASCAR reinstated Ty Norris yesterday.

Statement from Ty Norris, Executive Vice President at Michael Waltrip Racing: "I appreciate NASCARs action today and respect their position. I am focused forward and dedicated to the success of Michael Waltrip Racing and the continued growth of a sport that has been my home for the past 24 years."

Odd but cool IMO.

Blake Shelton to induct Dale Jarrett into NASCAR Hall of Fame

The NASCAR Hall of Fame inductees typically have family members or former racers or mechanics with them on stage for their enshrinement.

But when Dale Jarrett is on stage next Wednesday at the Charlotte Convention Center, the person doing the induction won’t be family and isn’t a racer.

It’s country star Blake Shelton.

Jarrett, the son of current Hall of Famer Ned Jarrett, explains:

“I couldn’t have all four of my kids as inductors, and I couldn’t just ask one,” Jarrett said in a news release. “I wanted my dad to be able to enjoy the moment with my mom and the rest of my family. So it just kind of opened up the opportunity.

“This sport brought a lot of really good things to me. It gave me a chance to be a competitor, an opportunity to compete at the highest level and win, but it also has allowed me to make some really good friendships and Blake Shelton is one of those people.”

Story here

Commence bitching about country music.

http://etxracing.com/nascar

I doubt I'll get this game, I've heard all the previous versions sucked and doesn't really simulate true racing conditions. I'm sure if you're just a regular gamer who isn't concern about realism, you may find this game to be fun, but I'm not one of them. :p

http://etxracing.com/nascar

I doubt I'll get this game, I've heard all the previous versions sucked and doesn't really simulate true racing conditions. I'm sure if you're just a regular gamer who isn't concern about realism, you may find this game to be fun, but I'm not one of them. :p

Their last game was the only fairly new racing game my wheel acted funny with too. They suck.

Their last game was the only fairly new racing game my wheel acted funny with too. They suck.

I don't think they put in as much effort or detail into their games that iRacing put into their sim. There's a reason why I run on iRacing and not on NASCAR The Game.

He doesn't look like he's anywhere near a racetrack

Another reminder for those that don't frequent the other sections of the forum. A few Cup regulars in the race today.

Be1PNjqCMAAL_ew.jpg:large

Man, it is great to get cars on the track today. NASCAR or not. It means we are another day closer to the season.

Race Control @ Daytona.

Be1PA0AIMAAGdlU.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom