Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Racing around Daytona as we speak
image.jpg

I read that it only has 4 cylinders and never finishes the 24 hours. Truth?

I like how those cars in the Rolex 24 displayed their track positions with the display on the side of the car. I wouldn't mind seeing them do that in NASCAR.

I like how those cars in the Rolex 24 displayed their track positions with the display on the side of the car. I wouldn't mind seeing them do that in NASCAR.

I thought they were used to display their class position in the race. So it would be kind of pointless in NASCAR.

Unfortunate development at Turner Scott Motorsports...

Sources say that Arrowhead, the primary sponsor for Jeb Burton in the No. 4 Chevrolet Silverado has abruptly withdrawn its support to Turner Scott Motorsports (TSM), suddenly leaving the driver and team in limbo with the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season-opener less than a month away.

Reported troubles within the Arrowhead corporate structure have been cited for the sudden and unexpected departure from the South Boston, Virginia driver. In August 2013, federal agents from the USDA’s Office of Inspector General and the IRS raided Cherokee Tobacco LLC, the operating company of the Arrowhead electronic cigarette brand, seizing business records.

After a surprisingly strong freshman season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, which included a season-high six poles, a win at Texas Motor Speedway, five top-fives and 11 top-10s en route to a fifth place finish in the final championship standings, Burton had been eyed as a champion hopeful this season.

Turner Scott Motorsports could not be reached for comment and it is unknown if the No. 4 team will compete in the season-opening NextEra Energy Resources 250 on February 21.

http://www.catchfence.com/2014/truc...s-future-uncertain-reports-sponsors-withdraw/

I thought they were used to display their class position in the race. So it would be kind of pointless in NASCAR.
yeah, no headlights, or rain tires or wipers and only one class of car, now mudflaps, steering wheel knobs, and a horn? that's different.

Class position / track position. Position being the key word. It displayed its position on the track. I thought that was a great idea to be able to display its position by simply looking at the car. You don't have to wait for the endless scrolling of the ticker. Neat idea IMO.

A lot gets posted here so forgive me if this is a repost.

Pro football is the most popular sport in America for at least the 30th straight year. That's according to a survey taken this month by the Harris Poll, which has been asking adult fans, ages 18 and over, about their favorite sport since 1985. In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent) [not specifically NASCAR], the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent). In 1985, the first year the poll was taken, the NFL bested MLB by just one percentage point (24 to 23 percent), but since then interest in baseball has fallen while the NFL has experienced a huge rise in popularity. Nine percent fewer fans call baseball their favorite sport over the 30-year span, the biggest drop of any sport. The polling numbers suggest that the sport hasn't been able to recover from a popularity standpoint from 1994, when a strike forced the cancellation of the World Series. One other significant drop was in professional golf. Throughout Tiger Woods' pro career, which began in 1996, no less four percent of the U.S. adult population called golf their favorite sport. But since 2010, the first year after Woods' extramarital affair scandal, only two percent of Americans have called it their favorite sport.(ESPN.com)(1-27-2014)

A lot gets posted here so forgive me if this is a repost.

Pro football is the most popular sport in America for at least the 30th straight year. That's according to a survey taken this month by the Harris Poll, which has been asking adult fans, ages 18 and over, about their favorite sport since 1985. In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent) [not specifically NASCAR], the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent). In 1985, the first year the poll was taken, the NFL bested MLB by just one percentage point (24 to 23 percent), but since then interest in baseball has fallen while the NFL has experienced a huge rise in popularity. Nine percent fewer fans call baseball their favorite sport over the 30-year span, the biggest drop of any sport. The polling numbers suggest that the sport hasn't been able to recover from a popularity standpoint from 1994, when a strike forced the cancellation of the World Series. One other significant drop was in professional golf. Throughout Tiger Woods' pro career, which began in 1996, no less four percent of the U.S. adult population called golf their favorite sport. But since 2010, the first year after Woods' extramarital affair scandal, only two percent of Americans have called it their favorite sport.(ESPN.com)(1-27-2014)

I guess I'm an obscure sports fan. Racing is my number one and the NBA is my number two, then the NFL.

Easy to find a report to say just about anything plus or minus now days. This one shows that the younger crowd 7 to 17 50% are fans.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/nascar-racing-statistics/

NASCAR Racing Statistics

Data

Annual NASCAR revenuellion
Average NASCAR ticket price $92.16
Number of NASCAR fans 75 Million
Average NASCAR race attendance 99,853
Total annual NACAR attendance 3.6 Million
Number of households that watch the Daytona 500 12.5 Million
Annual worth of NASCAR television contract $560 Million
Percent of NASCAR fans who are women 40 %
Annual amount spent by women on NASCAR-licensed products $250 million
Percent of NASCAR fans who are minorities 21 %
Percent of kids age 7 to 17 that reported being NASCAR fans 50 %
Percent of fans who are willing to pay more to buy a sponsor’s product 66 %
Average annual amount a sponsor invest in a racing team $15 million
Percent of NASCAR fans who could name every sponsor of the top 30 ranked cars 36 %
NASCAR Team Expense Statistics Amount
Average NASCAR Drivers’ Salary including endorsements $7.5 Million
Average NASCAR team member salary $35,000
Average spent annually by a NASCAR team on travel $1 Million
Average spent per race by a NASCAR team on tires $20,000
Average spent on in-house engine program by a NASCAR team $3.5 million
Average spent on a NASCAR racing car $1.5 Million
Top Television Rated NASCAR Races
Track 2013 2012

1 Daytona 11.3 10.9
2 California 7.4 7.9
3 Las Vegas 6.2 6.4
4 Atlanta 1.5* 5.5
5 Bristol 6.2 6.3
6 Martinsville 6.2 5.1
7 Texas 5.4 5.7
8 Phoenix 4.8 5.1
9 Talladega 1.7* 7.6
10 Darlington 4.3 4.4
11 Richmond 4.8 5.6
12 Charlotte 5.1 6.1
* Race on Monday because of rain

Yes.. but EA made ther games from 209 and earlier and they were waaaaaaaay better.
Bad's bad no matter how you look at it. It's a shame that that's all a generation has been exposed to. Having been exposed to something as the norm that was sooooo much better than EA Sports or Eutechnyx has me looking for far more in a NASCAR sim. Eutechnyx? Better name would have been Euthanasia. Seems more appropriate in a way. I'm just sayin.

Bad's bad no matter how you look at it. It's a shame that that's all a generation has been exposed to. Having been exposed to something as the norm that was sooooo much better than EA Sports or Eutechnyx has me looking for far more in a NASCAR sim. Eutechnyx? Better name would have been Euthanasia. Seems more appropriate in a way. I'm just sayin.
Yeah they definitely tanked the whole game.... the gameplay is off... I don't like how they just throw u in a cup car.. Plus the glitches are ridiculous. I liked '09 where u start in the trucks and work your way up. That was the last decent one. It sucks buying two more games after that hoping they'll be good and they're crap. I still play but only in a league .. we race once a week.

Back
Top Bottom