Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Maybe they could have big pot parties at each race track and throw a race in as part of the entertainment.
After all Winston did great with their smoking promotions. Of course beer was always allowed in those days with no limit other than what you could carry.
I hear campfires and cornhole are all the rage these days. More party decks, cornhole boards & firewood will bring the fans to the track.

Speedway Motorsports outlines 2018 fan initiatives

i

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Jan. 22, 2018) - Continuing its "Fans First" approach and building on its lasting legacy of providing exceptional sports entertainment experiences, Speedway Motorsports, Inc. (NYSE: TRK) officials have revealed new, cutting-edge developments at several speedways.

"Speedway Motorsports works very hard to continually modernize our facilities, with the ultimate goal of providing fans with the very best amenities and experiences," said Marcus Smith, President and CEO of Speedway Motorsports. "We are privileged to roll out the newest additions to our ongoing 'Fans First' initiative in what we believe will give our fans the most spectacular ways to enjoy the unforgettable entertainment at our multi-purpose sports venues."

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018...way-motorsports-outlines-2018-fan-initiatives

Reactions: Pat
NASCAR will not change the format as far as counting caution laps between stages, NASCAR EVP Steve O'Donnell said. He said they will try to shorten the length of time of those cautions.

i
Bob Pockrass, NASCAR

f4c6a718-ef75-4f11-ab3b-841f845ab72f.jpg

The entire day used to be streamed by nascar.com, mrn.com and also on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. nascar.com and mrn.com don't have a link that I can find. I'm guessing that they are still doing it on NASCAR Radio but I no longer subscribe.
I’m listening now.. if they say anything important I’ll post it

Just grabbed my tickets for 500 qualifying/Clash. The seats I purchased are $109 thru the speedway. I bought them on Stubhub for $36/seat before fees, $50/seat after. Wam bam thank you ma'am.

If you've never been to Daytona, I strongly recommend NOT buying thru the box office unless you're going to the Daytona 500. You're going to pay way more than you have to every time.

The entire day used to be streamed by nascar.com, mrn.com and also on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. nascar.com and mrn.com don't have a link that I can find. I'm guessing that they are still doing it on NASCAR Radio but I no longer subscribe.
Morning Drive is still on, unfortunately.

Personally, I dislike it because it de-emphasizes the racing and the race itself and tries to make an 'event' out of it. I get that they're trying to appealing to casual fans. But since I've never been one to attend something just because it's an 'event', I don't get why anyone would. That approach doesn't work on me with the Olympics, the Kentucky Derby, or any other sports competition that's marketed to people who otherwise just don't give a crap about the sport itself.

Just me.

I gotta get out from under the mouldy old rock where I live because I never heard of daytona day until now.

Personally, I dislike it because it de-emphasizes the racing and the race itself and tries to make an 'event' out of it. I get that they're trying to appealing to casual fans. But since I've never been one to attend something just because it's an 'event', I don't get why anyone would. That approach doesn't work on me with the Olympics, the Kentucky Derby, or any other sports competition that's marketed to people who otherwise just don't give a crap about the sport itself.

Just me.
It's very much like the Super Bowl. There's more talk of the commercials, national anthem, and halftime show than the game. It'll be even worse once there's no longer a Brady playing in it in a few years.

I gotta get out from under the mouldy old rock where I live because I never heard of daytona day until now.
If you don't watch FOX after its race coverage ends, there's no reason you should have heard of it. It's a network marketing program to get people to watch their race coverage while almost completely failing to mention the actual race itself, apparently by design. It's mostly used in promo spots during other FOX sports broadcasts.

Imagine something like, "We have this really cool thing happening the first weekend in May, and you should tune in because all the cool kids who drink Ol' Grand Dad will be watching, and have parties, and, and, ... oh, and there's a horse race too."

If you don't watch FOX after its race coverage ends, there's no reason you should have heard of it. It's a network marketing program to get people to watch their race coverage while almost completely failing to mention the actual race itself, apparently by design. It's mostly used in promo spots during other FOX sports broadcasts.

Imagine something like, "We have this really cool thing happening the first weekend in May, and you should tune in because all the cool kids who drink Ol' Grand Dad will be watching, and have parties, and, and, ... oh, and there's a horse race too."

I gotta say you put the whole thing in a very funny way. Now I have a mental picture of hipsters drinking craft beer in a crowded room with a 13 inch black and white Philco in the corner that no one is watching ha ha.

Just grabbed my tickets for 500 qualifying/Clash. The seats I purchased are $109 thru the speedway. I bought them on Stubhub for $36/seat before fees, $50/seat after. Wam bam thank you ma'am.

If you've never been to Daytona, I strongly recommend NOT buying thru the box office unless you're going to the Daytona 500. You're going to pay way more than you have to every time.

I was paying $700 for 2 4 day package in the sprint tower using my employee discount. They took that away in 2016 and now it's 20% off.

Other then the obvious one of the best things with the Eagles being in the Super Bowl for me is by the time its done its off to Daytona!

NASCAR will not change the format as far as counting caution laps between stages, NASCAR EVP Steve O'Donnell said. He said they will try to shorten the length of time of those cautions.

i
Bob Pockrass, NASCAR

f4c6a718-ef75-4f11-ab3b-841f845ab72f.jpg
Steve O'Donnell looks like Gronkowski

Back
Top Bottom