Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I don't understand it, ISC is supposed to be broke, losing fans by the droves, don't have any seats for the fans to sit on and here they are buying an racing electronics company and hiring 70 more people. :D

Hmmm I wonder if this is happening

Yes, end of the video. Just after the F1 finale at Abu Dhabi.

Motorsport.com has learned the plan is much more extensive than a typical “car swap” which has taken place before, including most recently in 2011 between F1 champion Lewis Hamilton and former three-time NASCAR Cup champion Tony Stewart at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International.

Following the Nov. 18 Cup series season finale at Homestead, Fla., Johnson will depart for London to spend time at McLaren’s headquarters, where Johnson will spend several hours training in its F1 simulator.

After a couple days of vacation, Johnson will join his team members at Abu Dhabi for the F1 season finale.

The No. 48 team will be matched with their counterparts on Alonso’s team for a couple days before departing for Bahrain, where they will set up one of Johnson’s No. 48 Chevrolets, which is on its way on via container ship at this time.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/fernando-alonso-mclaren-jimmie-johnson/3207389/

".. the plan is much more extensive than a typical “car swap” which has taken place before, including most recently in 2011 between F1 champion Lewis Hamilton and former three-time NASCAR Cup champion Tony Stewart at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International."

Which I thought was a pretty entertaining stunt. If these two want to take it up a notch, I'm willing to dedicate some sofa time.

This is how IROC should be revived. Take turns putting drivers into each others' cars during pre-race or test days across multiple series. The guy with the lowest total time wins. Maybe add in some kind of fudge factor to compensate for series / format differences, or award points on a curve.

Another article on the Johnson / Alonso ride swap with some interesting details.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/11/02/jimmie-johnson-fernando-alonso-to-swap-rides-for-a-day/

Hendrick Motorsports shipped a car Oct. 9 to go by boat to Bahrain for Alonso to drive. Johnson said the team “packed the container with plenty of tires and equipment to let him run as long as he wants to get the full experience, and they’re offering that same thing to me.”

Johnson said the challenge was to find a place for them to run each other’s car. Originally, they looked at tracks in the U.S., including Indianapolis, Homestead-Miami and Charlotte but schedules didn’t work. Eventually, the idea to do it overseas after the NASCAR and Formula 1 seasons ended made the most sense.

To prepare, Johnson has done additional neck exercises because of the additional G-forces he’ll endure in Alonso’s car. It was a tip Johnson gained from Jeff Gordon, who drove Juan Pablo Montoya’s Formula 1 car in 2003 at Indianapolis.

“In talking with Gordon, he had the ability to run more laps in the setup that they had but his neck wouldn’t let him,” Johnson said. “Our cars, especially on the brakes, we do not create the Gs and we only have a couple of road courses a year, so our neck muscles are pretty far behind (F1 drivers).”

They don't want us seeing the paint scheme till Phoenix( photo credit to azgrizzeroone )
It looks like its going to have a tie with our AZ Diamondbacks
CD2aHah.jpg

Highly recommend listening to Dale Jr on the Joe Rogan Experience. He was on today and it was fantastic.

DP was on earlier this year and couldn't tell how many cylinders the cars have. Dale came on today and was telling Joe about how many brake levers these cars can have lol.

...also extreme insight into his relationship with Big E I had never heard before...

When he gets a good guest, Rogan can do a great interview. Thanks for the heads-up.

Highly recommend listening to Dale Jr on the Joe Rogan Experience. He was on today and it was fantastic.

DP was on earlier this year and couldn't tell how many cylinders the cars have. Dale came on today and was telling Joe about how many brake levers these cars can have lol.
Wait...how many do they have?

Wait...how many do they have?

Some have four or five. Adjusting bias front to rear and right to left on the fly. Why they need so many and not a damn knob or two, idk. Jr just taught me this tonight.

It was badass. Joe was genuinely surprised by the advancement in these cars.

There was also a good convo about head injuries. Rogan also tried selling Dale on CBD oil hahah.

0:00 = Bow hunting. Being a race car driver, Dale’s Dad. 7:40 = Being in a car that flips. Dale talks about flipping in his truck when he was younger. 16:15 = Regular street driving when you’re a race car driver. Dale’s cars, general car talk. 22:15 = Being a Dad. Hunting and Dale’s farm. Hunting as a way to disconnect/relax.

I listen to every JRE episode that shows up in my feed. Fantastic episode!

Random thought that popped into my head. Pizza Hut and Hut Strickin would of been a perfect driver sponsor match.

Back
Top Bottom