Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

and feel it

2. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

You can tell some where running restrictor plates.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  3. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Wouldn't be needed if the snow wasn't banked so steeply. They should fix that.

4. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Anyone else seen the Penske Games? Not a Penske fan and they don't race or anything but it really shows the driver's personality a lot. Went back and watched the previous years after I seen the teaser for this year.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  5. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

6. dirtfan

dirtfan Team Owner

7. Charlie Spencer

The Transformers called; they want their Autobot back.

FLRacingFan and Johali like this.
  8. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

This guys really seems interested and respectful of the sport for someone that knew absolutely nothing about it a week ago.

9. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Classic Smoke

rd45usa, gnomesayin and Johali like this.
  11. Barstool getting involved is a good thing IMO Portnoy can be a douche at times, but Barstool has a ton of followers (including me), and could put new eyes on the sport

12. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Portnoy ... Portnoy ... where have I heard that name before?

I wonder if he's related to Alex?

13. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

I'm old, I got the reference. :booya:

Charlie Spencer and aunty dive like this.
  14. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Read that book as a young person.

Have never been able to look at liver the same way.

Charlie Spencer and Johali like this.
  15. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Yep. I got two chapters in and said "nope, not for me" and chunked it in the trash. :D

16. Charlie Spencer

I got a bit farther but not much. I greatly enjoyed Roth's "Our Gang", a satire on the Nixon administration. I'm sure it's dated now, what with heavy reliance on familiarity of contemporary politicians, celebs, media figures, '60s / '70s social standards, etc.

KodiakRusty89 and aunty dive like this.
  17. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

NASCAR must be paying Portnoy and Barstool a good chunk of that new marketing budget they set aside for them to suddenly be fawning over it. Portnoy just got kicked out of the Super Bowl in handcuffs after being barred for going to games with fake press passes. So he may need a new sport to get into.

But hey, whatever works, I guess, as long as they know who they're dealing with. It's a good fit to get Blaney, Elliott, etc. in front of more young eyeballs. This article gives some more details on the new partnership and the possibility of Barstool sponsorship.

https://awfulannouncing.com/barstoo...any-may-be-sponsoring-a-nascar-stock-car.html

18. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Wow, look at you guys trying to class up this joint with talk of Philip Roth novels. I wish I could say I have read more of them.

aunty dive likes this.
  19. Charlie Spencer

I know more about Philip Roth novels than I do Barstool and Portnoy, so it's to my advantage to side track the conversation. Since I don't know squat about social media 'influenzas', are these guys someone people are familiar with?

20. pjmolo

pjmolo Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

Not sure if this has ever been posted here but it's an interesting 4-minute video concerning an unusual story about a guy that works in my area.

I found it to be fascinating and absolutely loved the part where he asked, "How fast are we going?"

21. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Many times I have wondered who is the official truck warranty of NASCAR. Now we know. Geesh I thought the official grill was surprising.

FLRacingFan and gnomesayin like this.
  22. Charlie Spencer

I thought most after-market warranties were considered rip-offs; isn't that what bit Rusty Wallace?

Still, I'm always glad to see Ross land a sponsor.

23. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Thanks for sharing!

24. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

25. carolinabuff

carolinabuff Team Owner

26. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I am excited to see what they can do with the Gen 7 car. With all the Camera's being used,
    I would like to see some interior work done on the cars. The manufacturers could design the dash
    boards so that they can be used in the Cup car as well. That would at least give the impression
    that some stock is being used in stock car. One thing I have noticed is that Ford and GM have gone to a flat faced look while Toyota is leaning toward a pointed nose. The new Xfinity car is definitely more pointed than the Camaro and Mustang. IMO

27. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

What was NASCAR reasoning for removing the in-car trackbar adjuster?

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

makes the cars harder to drive...it works.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  29. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

To many distractions for these young drivers. Here in Canada they passed a law that you can't eat and drive. All started with that dang slogan " Don't Drink N Drive"
    Next thing ya know it will be illegal to sit in the back seat when your parked. :headbang:

30. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

Ahh, I was just curious as to whether or not the in-car trackbar adjuster could've salvage some of the HMS cars at Atlanta.

31. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

A whole new ball game for a lot of CC's. Drivers could compensate for errors before but now it will be up to the CC to get the adjustments right.

32. Charlie Spencer

Geez, it was only in the car for what, two seasons? I'd think the new package would cause more CC head scratching than losing a bar adjuster. Didn't many CCs complain their drivers would forget to reset it after a pit stop, often resulting in the changes made during the stop being ineffective or worse?

Team Penske likes this.
  33. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

The adjuster allowed the driver to compensate, effectively or otherwise, for tire wear and fuel burn.

They got along without it for years.

34. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

and will learn to do it again.

35. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

Whoops, bad things happen when you dont pay attention, hauler driver tired to go thru the turn 4 car tunnel and not the turn 2 truck tunnel

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

give the track bar adjuster to just their team...could work. m ,
    I don't think it helped the racing at all when they had it. Puts more pressure on the crew chiefs and drivers, like Kyle Busch who had to gamble and run the high line at Atlanta, Harvick rubbed off his splitter and lost his advantage. Probably both of them would have been able to help themselves get over a bad setup if they would have had the track bar adjuster.

37. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Saw the team is skipping Vegas because of it

38. Pat

Pat Team Owner

nascarcasm‏Verified account @nascarcasm 20h20 hours ago

1. Sitting in something wet and not knowing what it is
    2. When it won’t tell you if it’s your username or password that’s incorrect
    3. When you think Michael McDowell gonna push you to the front and then his ass don’t

F A I T H ♛ @faith_crist
    What’s worse than a heartbreak?

39. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Heart ache.

40. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Track bar adjustments of any magnitude are not going to help anybody get over a bad setup.unless the only thing "bad" about the setup is the location of the rear roll center.

Track bar / rear roll center height adjustments fall into the "fine" adjustment category.