Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Feb 10, 2012.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

track bar can help a too tight or too lose condition and yeah it can help with a bad setup, both with adjustments in the pits and being able to fine tune it out on the track.

If you raise the trackbar on the right-hand side, you move the rear wheels to the right. This makes the car looser when accelerating and tighter when braking. Conversely, moving the trackbar down on the right-hand side pushes the wheels to the left, tightening the car under acceleration and loosening the car during braking. Moving the rear axle left/right is essentially adding stagger (“rear steer”) to the car because the distance between the front and rear wheels isn’t the same on both sides of the car due to the offset.

Joker likes this.
  2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

3. Pat

Pat Team Owner

I never saw him smile before!

sdj and FLRacingFan like this.
  4. rd45usa

rd45usa Team Owner

A side of Kurt that we don't get to see very often. Vegas 10 minute tour.

sdj and FLRacingFan like this.
  5. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Flashback

On this date.....

Reduced penalty for Earnhardt
    Mon., March 3, 1986 – NASCAR officials reduced a penalty and fine levied against driver Dale Earnhardt for his actions in the final laps of the Feb. 23 Miller High Life 400 at Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway. The Richard Childress Racing driver had initially been placed on probation for one year under a $10,000 bond and fined $5,000 for contact with Darrell Waltrip. Following a meeting of the NASCAR appeals committee held at Charlotte Douglas Airport, Earnhardt’s penalty was reduced to a $3,000 fine.

At the time, Earnhardt’s $5,000 fine and $10,000 bond (required to pay before he could resume competition) was the harshest penalty levied against a driver since Curtis Turner and Tim Flock were banned from the sport in 1961.

Waltrip passed Earnhardt with three laps remaining but contact from Earnhardt sent both cars into the guardrail in Turn 3 before the lap was completed.

Kyle Petty slipped through the wreckage to score the win, his first in NASCAR’s premier series.

https://kennybruce.net/2019/03/03/reduced-penalty-for-earnhardt/

6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

7. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

MONGO!

[​IMG][​IMG]

sdj and Kiante like this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Hemric gained a bunch at Vegas

9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Awards moved to Nashville

carolinabuff and FLRacingFan like this.
  10. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Good lord.

Truex_rox and Charlie Spencer like this.
  11. Charlie Spencer

The heck with the trash talk between beer cans, this is serious! We're talking about BACON here!

Team Penske and FLRacingFan like this.
  12. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Don't forget "Canadian Bacon" . :D

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  13. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

15. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

Anyone know if the Xfinity Cars or the Trucks will get the digital dash, or is that just for Monster Energy Cup Cars only?

16. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

17. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

19. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

20. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

sdj, Pat, Johali and 1 other person like this.
  21. Charlie Spencer

I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

I would have thought a major house like Mecum would routinely insist on authenticity documentation.

Pat likes this.
  22. TexasRaceLady

I don't guess I ever thought about this, or paid that close attention:

Jeff responded to a question about why the pit boxes were still on pit road.

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck

The teams leave the pit boxes every week. Too big for the haulers. A company comes and loads them into trucks and takes them to the next race.

it’s a company that does logistics like this. They park their haulers at the track and then bring them to pit road after the race. Dudes on ATVs zip up and down pit road with the pit boxes attached to the back and load them into the trucks.

Johali, sdj and dpkimmel2001 like this.
  23. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

'We overachieved in Fontana' - Harvick

“Everybody at Stewart-Haas Racing will get us what we need, and right now we’re just off a little bit from the 18 (winner Kyle Busch) and the Penske cars. We know that and we got solid top-five finishes out of stuff that we didn’t think was very good, so we’ll go work hard.”
    “When you come to this west coast swing, you have what you have, and we left here with four top-10’s and three top-fives over the first five races, said Harvick. “I’m proud of everybody for that. It isn’t always going to be good. You have to try to figure out how to do things better when they aren’t going very good, and our guys have done that.”

https://racer.com/2019/03/17/we-overachieved-in-fontana-harvick/

25. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I think HMS has gotten a little to comfortable at the shop and are in a bit of a rut when it comes to production of new cars and are just doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
    One car I think is putting in the work and the reason is they have a new driver of quality and that is #1 Kurt Bush. His input and the fact they can trust what he says could be the reason he is the #1 Chevy on the track. Even RCR is as good as HMS right now. I also think RFR is getting better with R Newman's input.

26. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

SHR is not far off with their setups, I think their drivers need to make some adjustments in their expectation. The #14 may do better when they move Cole up.

27. TexasRaceLady

28. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

FLRacingFan and sdj like this.
  29. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

^^ the Tony seal of approval to Suarez and the rest of his motley crew. :D

FLRacingFan likes this.
  31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

32. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

That was a great unrehearsed calm cool collected Kurt Bush interview. First time I have seen him be just a good ole boy.

StandOnIt likes this.
  33. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Lmao 5wrrwfcjr3n21.png

FLRacingFan likes this.
  34. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Preece barely hanging on to the rookie points lead in the cup series

35. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

37. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

38. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Tony has good opinions and Tony has opinions with no critical thought. This one is the latter. Such a dumb statement. Coming from the man who employed Danica Patrick.

Clutch, LewTheShoe, 2 Sweet and 2 others like this.
  39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Yep ol Tony laughs all the way to the bank. :p

40. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

I love Tony, but he has quite the history of hypocrisy. He often contradicts himself

LewTheShoe and dirtfan like this.