Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

MAGICMILER

Chariho
20210531_090831.jpg

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Interesting. Those numbers don't match the ones @MAGICMILER pulled from ... reddit?

EDIT - NASCAR's numbers match the graphic at the top of the page. @StandOnIt, where did you get yours?
The channel of the gerbils

RacerrecaR

Noodles belong in chili
I'm a fan of the street circuit idea but the current Chicago layout is not "it". There are 2 VERY dangerous areas in particular that shouldn't have even been considered as plausible, plus I only noticed 3 legitimate passing areas.

I say stay in Chicago but completely change half of the circuit. It has potential to be a very entertaining race with some adjustments

carolinabuff

Team Owner
Anyone watching the IRacing @Chicago? Kinda boring..

I watched some of it, mainly just to listen to the chatter. Chicago or otherwise, I'm not a fan of a street course because they're usually pretty technical and don't have alot of passing areas so they just aren't a good fit for stock cars.

MAGICMILER

Chariho
What a crock... The Entire Concord (Northern) Grandstands have been removed..So, what is now considered a sellout is false... If they can even sell it out...In July..

carolinabuff

Team Owner
What a crock... The Entire Concord (Northern) Grandstands have been removed..So, what is now considered a sellout is false... If they can even sell it out...In July..

Most tracks have removed a ton of seats. Charlotte had a capacity of 150K+ about 10 years ago and now it's something like 79K

Team Penske

Team Owner
Why would they ship inferior engines to anyone in the first place.
Is this how HMS experiments with new ideas?

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks

They finally backed off on their stupidly high ticket prices I noticed. That should at least help attendance I would think.

Old Kid

Team Owner
Contributor
Larson has won 15 playoff points in just the last two races. I'm going to assume that's a record for that span.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
So a more restrictive "tapered spacer" and a slightly smaller spoiler, in an effort to accomplish what, exactly?
They reduced the HP and they also reduced the drag. I have no idea how it is going to race though, that is one of the reasons why I watch. :idunno:

2 Sweet

Legend

Yeah, this confirms my assumption. It's a knee jerk reaction to Logano's flip, and I don't see how these changes offer a logical solution.

The roll bar makes sense though. That should have been mandatory to begin with.

Top Bottom