Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

danica-patrick-car-shot-e1497983907805.jpg

http://deadline.com/2017/06/epix-se...-anjelah-johnson-stand-up-special-1202116873/

DANICA

Danica Patrick has commanded attention with her achievements in professional motorsports, making herself a household name by going against the current and succeeding in a male-dominated world. Now, at 35, this transcendent sports star stands on the cusp of something even bigger than she ever might have imagined growing up as a girl racing go-carts for her dad.

In Danica, the racing superstar reveals herself like never before: as a competitor eagerly preparing for her next race; a woman confidently considering when she wants to start a family; and a budding mogul carefully considering thinking about her next steps. Directed by award-winning journalist and pioneer in sports broadcasting Hannah Storm (Brainstormin Productions), this documentary will take a rare, candid look at an icon, capturing never-before-seen moments on and off the track with Danica Patrick and those closest to her.

The race is normally a small part, time-wise, of our NASCAR trips. We always take in the experiences outside the track for the largest part of our trips. It doesn't matter where we go or how many times we've been there, we always find new things to do.
Yep. That's why it took us three weeks to attend two races.
Races make great mini-vacations.
And longer ones. We live so far from most of the tracks that we have to combine them into a vacation.

Yep. That's why it took us three weeks to attend two races.

And longer ones. We live so far from most of the tracks that we have to combine them into a vacation.
You go to more races than anyone I know of. :punkrocke

Our town has a brand new one and they are massive in size now....needless to say if there was a zombie apocalypse I could survive in a Menards for years haha

If Menards sold guns and ammo they would be an almost perfect store.

We spend a lot of money at Menards. Good prices and customer service is pretty good.

On this date in 1992, Goodyear held the first NASCAR tire test at The Brickyard.

DC6xUCpXoAAFA_K.jpg:large

Racing legend A.J. Foyt arrived at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 1991 to shoot a commercial with his Winston Cup car. After the filming was complete, Foyt and Tony George, the President and CEO of the Speedway decided to take Foyt’s car around the track for a few laps. Foyt went out on the track first and George would eventually hop in the car for a few laps as well. This unplanned moment played a huge part in building a relationship between NASCAR and the speedway in the future.

George’s interest in adding a second major event to the IMS calendar was spiked after his time spent with Foyt. Later that year, he held a meeting to discuss the possibility of adding an event to the schedule. They continued to explore the possibility of a second event, as the IROC Series hosted a test session at the track in April of 1992. Dick Trickle, Jim Sauter and Dave Marcis tested their cars at the track, with the sole intent of seeing if stock-cars could be a possibility in the future at the speedway.

Rumors spread over the next few weeks that Goodyear was planning a NASCAR tire-test at the speedway at the start of the summer. The rumors proved to be true, as the official announcement was made official: On June 22 and 23rd of 1992, NASCAR would be testing at the famed track.

NASCAR arrived at Indianapolis for the first time, one day after the Miller Genuine Draft 400 at Michigan International Speedway. The drivers on hand for the historic test session were Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, Bill Elliott, Davey Allison, Mark Martin, Kyle Petty, Ernie Irvan and Ricky Rudd. Richard Petty and Derrike Cope were also invited to the test session, but did not to attend.

Read the rest here

A lot of the history is new to me, didn't see a race until late 80's and the Canadian market was not something Nascar invested in. The still don't show a truck race here except the odd one. Then there is my ability to remember....................................... anything. LOL

Some Robby Gordon followup.....

Robby Gordon banned from racing in Australia over Darwin donut session

AMERICAN motorsport star Robby Gordon may not compete in Australia again after motorsport officials flagged banning him for hooning in Darwin's CBD on the weekend.

Super truck driver Gordon, who's also had a successful NASCAR career in the United States, was caught doing burnouts on the city's main Mitchell Street on Saturday night.

"We had a truck on display, I asked the two security guards, 'Hey, you think I could flip a couple of doughies?' They said, 'I don't care'," he said, reported ABC.

According to ABC, local Judge Richard Coats said:

"It's one of the busiest streets in Darwin, I don't believe the professional driving skills are an excuse," telling Gordon: "I wish I could take away your professional licence, but unfortunately I don't have the power to do that" and added he "would have considered sentencing Gordon to jail time for the stunt if he had been in trouble before."

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017...-banned-racing-australia-darwin-donut-session

Reactions: Pat

AMERICAN motorsport star Robby Gordon may not compete in Australia again after motorsport officials flagged banning him for hooning in Darwin's CBD on the weekend.

Super truck driver Gordon, who's also had a successful NASCAR career in the United States, was caught doing burnouts on the city's main Mitchell Street on Saturday night.

"We had a truck on display, I asked the two security guards, 'Hey, you think I could flip a couple of doughies?' They said, 'I don't care'," he said, reported ABC.

"It's one of the busiest streets in Darwin, I don't believe the professional driving skills are an excuse," telling Gordon: "I wish I could take away your professional licence, but unfortunately I don't have the power to do that" and added he "would have considered sentencing Gordon to jail time for the stunt if he had been in trouble before."

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017...-banned-racing-australia-darwin-donut-session
Judge seems a bit extreme

Reactions: Pat
Anyone else notice the recent increase of Danica coverage? Sure seems to me they have been mentioning her more last few weeks. I suspect it's a done deal she's leaving SHR and her media people feel they need to make a push. She had a few decent, for her, runs. The visor cam. Why her? Still believe she's done at end if season. Fox/NASCAR believe she has a positive effect. Don't want to lose her. But things cycle. It's time to move on to next thing. JMO

Running better a little more coverage. Seems logical to me.

She’s had a couple hard hits lately. One kinda spectacular with fire ‘n all.

The other after NASCAR tossed a debris flag to err on the side of safety ‘n it ended up with her smackin’ the infield fence a pretty good wallop on the restart.

Wow.. that seems a little stiff to me. Gordon should not have done it, but banned from racing? forever? I would say this judge is not a fan.

Reactions: sdj
Running better a little more coverage. Seems logical to me.
Seemed to me they had really been being VERY careful about any mentions of her for most of the last 1.5-2 seasons. Lots of the old-guard find her presence offensive, so you can't have any discussion about her. None. I surrender.

Why does the headline say he is banned from racing in Australia when he is not banned?

Back
Top Bottom