Road courses?

Turn one looks a whole lot like turn one at Daytona, not as sharp, but always plenty of action there. Lots more curvy. Charlotte has pulled their curves in closer in order to extend the outer high speed corners around the back stretch. Lots of shifting.

Tell ya what, I watched a Global Rallycross race last Sunday that had me on the edge of my seat and it was mostly a dirt road race. (in the mud. :))

AMEN!!!! I was working in the garage BSing on the phone about the sh!tshow at Charlotte when my buddy told me to turn on NBC. WOW! What a race!

I know. We can't race in the rain.
I know. We can't have stock bodies.
I know. We have to have LIS to keep everything "fair"
We NEED equal engines. We NEED splitters. We NEED this. We NEED that.
NOOOOOO!!
What we NEED is what I saw at Louisville!!! That took me back 20 some years!!!
THAT WAS A RACE!!!

Turn one looks a whole lot like turn one at Daytona, not as sharp, but always plenty of action there. Lots more curvy. Charlotte has pulled their curves in closer in order to extend the outer high speed corners around the back stretch. Lots of shifting.

This is just a pipe dream, isn't it? I'd love to see these changes made.

I like it, looks wide and fast.
The infield section looks pretty slow and momentum-heavy, with all of the directional changes. Passing should be pretty difficult but it'll be interesting to see how the teams compromise on setup. I kinda wish they hadn't put three switchbacks in a row and just made it a big dive into a ninety-degree turn where Turn 8 is right now.

I'm wondering what they're going to do with the stage/race finishes because the braking zone starts well before the S/F line, and if you're battling to the line with someone it could be pretty easy to overcook the brakes and head straight into traffic exiting the infield.

Details, details……

Everything’s gonna be great ‘n the media’s gonna be poundin’ that every chance they get.

By this line of thinking, we should have a lot more restrictor plate races since they get the best attendance and the best ratings.
Restrictor plate racing is the only type of racing that the fans get to see what they really want and that is excessive DANGER in racing. Now the drivers are encased in a padded cocoon driving in a padded cage. :)

I don't think you're speaking for everyone regarding danger. I know you're not speaking for me. I'd watch just as much as I do now (which is almost everything) if the element of danger was completely eliminated. It's one of the reasons I dislike Indycars on an oval.

Maybe Almirola's car chief removed some cocoon padding in an effort to save weight.

I don't think you're speaking for everyone regarding danger. I know you're not speaking for me. I'd watch just as much as I do now (which is almost everything) if the element of danger was completely eliminated. It's one of the reasons I dislike Indycars on an oval.

yeah me too, I want to see hard racing, close competition. IMO figure 8 racing would be much popular if people wanted to see wrecks all the time. What makes plate racing to me so exciting is all of them within inches of each other and the bobbing and weaving for position. When they wreck it's a failure, interesting sometimes, but not the best part. Best term I can use for plate racers..old school term...daredevils lol.

yeah me too, I want to see hard racing, close competition. IMO figure 8 racing would be much popular if people wanted to see wrecks all the time. What makes plate racing to me so exciting is all of them within inches of each other and the bobbing and weaving for position. When they wreck it's a failure, interesting sometimes, but not the best part. Best term I can use for plate racers..old school term...daredevils lol.
I like plate racing also just for the reasons you mentioned..... to me it tests a drivers skills to the limit...... inches from one another and having to know and trust who you are running with and making tactical moves sometimes laps ahead........ always having to be more aware of your surroundings than at a non plate track......

I like plate racing also just for the reasons you mentioned..... to me it tests a drivers skills to the limit...... inches from one another and having to know and trust who you are running with and making tactical moves sometimes laps ahead........ always having to be more aware of your surroundings than at a non plate track......
Then take away HP and all skirting, get the cars off the ground, take away down force and lets watch the drivers show their skills. BUT put the TRUCKS back like they first were and not on anything 1 mile or more.

Back
Top Bottom