Rolex 24 at Daytona--RACE Thread

Still a lot of time to go but a good manufacturer battle for the top spot with two of the Ford EcoBoost cars and four Corvettes in the top six.

Yeah I rewatched it quite a few times. Half the car got pushed back.

I believe under the hood it's all cooling and ductwork, may be wrong on that but atleast there isn't anything real hard being pushed back.. either way.... Horrible impact.
Late to post, but this is basically all that's under there. Definitely not much.

140125_0007_zpsddd00fd3.jpg

I have to believe Scott Dixon probably isn't wrong when he says some drivers simply shouldn't be out there.

same thing in Nascar, some drivers think other drivers shouldn't be racing. Not to mention this forum....but I will :)

Probably won't have that many at the Sebring 12 hr, but the track is quite a bit longer too so it shouldn't be as crazy I wouldn't think, last year was pretty calm.

same thing in Nascar, some drivers think other drivers shouldn't be racing. Not to mention this forum....but I will :)
They have to have 200+ total drivers. And the announcers made a good point about the amateur drivers in PC and particularly GTD too.

Just watched them go three-wide on the super speedway section. Ay ay ay !

This race is confusing ..at least to someone who doesn't follow the series. I'm not even sure which cars are which class and which drivers are where lol... but it's fun to watch! :D

They have to have 200+ total drivers. And the announcers made a good point about the amateur drivers in PC and particularly GTD too.
Yep. There are quite a few average joes (maybe SCCA or Chumpcar competitors) that fill the slow car entries.

It would be cool to see the Taylor guys all win together.
Yeah, I'm pulling for them, but the two action express DP's are right there, I thought Bourdais action express team was going to win it going in, but I would rather see the Taylor's win it all. Ganassi's 02 in fourth, thought they would be faster, they might do better on the slower twisty tracks. I'm writing them off today, but 2 hrs left, anything can happen.

It has been that way forever, in fact the speed differential was worse in the 70's and 80's. The fast cars were faster than they are now, there wasn't a bus stop chicane to slow them down. LeMans was even worse.

It has been that way forever, in fact the speed differential was worse in the 70's and 80's. The fast cars were faster than they are now, there wasn't a bus stop chicane to slow them down. LeMans was even worse.
They've done a good job splitting up the classes for the races the rest of the year, I think all four are running together only five or six times the rest of the year. Not as fast and probably fewer entries than Daytona too, but it was nuts watching them all run through the infield yesterday.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Memo Gidley has a broken back that will require surgery after a terrifying accident in the early stages of the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Gidley's GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing team says the driver will remain at Halifax Health in Daytona Beach until doctors repair an "unstable fracture" in his back.

Gidley had surgery on his left arm and leg late Saturday.

Matteo Malucelli also was involved in the two-car crash Saturday afternoon near the three-hour mark of the prestigious endurance race.

Gidley was driving the pole-winning car. He had to be cut out of the No. 99 Corvette, which crumpled like an accordion when he plowed into the back of Malucelli's Ferrari.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Memo Gidley has a broken back that will require surgery after a terrifying accident in the early stages of the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Gidley's GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing team says the driver will remain at Halifax Health in Daytona Beach until doctors repair an "unstable fracture" in his back.

Matteo Malucelli also was involved in the two-car crash Saturday afternoon near the three-hour mark of the prestigious endurance race.

Gidley was driving the pole-winning car. He had to be cut out of the No. 99 Corvette, which crumpled like an accordion when he plowed into the back of Malucelli's Ferrari.
Gnarly

Doesn't look like Wayne Taylor Racing is gonna get it done.

Well its at least better than it could have been.

Back
Top Bottom