Roval Bonehead(s)

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
NASCAR for throwing the caution
NASCAR for not throwing the caution
Newman for running out of talent at the worst possible time
The pit reporter who said...and I will paraphrase..."Ricky...errr...Ricky Newman...Ricky...Ricky...Newman away"

Bubba. Ok I get it running a guy hard that's faster than you, but flipping him off off while doing it? Yeah you had that coming. Then throwing a drink on him while he's sitting on pit road. Stay classy buddy!

PS a close second to Kyle Busch for literally just quitting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Denny for spinning around in circles all weekend long, Newman for the mega choke on pit road right as the stars were aligning for him, and Bubba for trolling playoff drivers.

I normally don't give boneheads to the race winners. But I have to say Chase Elliott was almost taking himself out of the race Even he acknowledged it was pretty stupid.

I normally don't give boneheads to the race winners. But I have to say Chase Elliott was almost taking himself out of the race Even he acknowledged it was pretty stupid.
I guess some would think it was a bonehead, but coming back to win in a dominating fashion (the booth missed Elliott's whole run back to the front until he moved into second, while they were focused on who was making the last place cut off spot) were the real boneheads. The gerbils were hyperventilating at that point in the race. I'm beginning to think I could do a better job announcing the races and that is scary

I guess some would think it was a bonehead, but coming back to win in a dominating fashion (the booth missed Elliott's whole run back to the front until he moved into second, while they were focused on who was making the last place cut off spot) were the real boneheads. The gerbils were hyperventilating at that point in the race. I'm beginning to think I could do a better job announcing the races and that is scary

Yup, from what I recall -- Jr having to interrupt Rick Allen to cover the Chase pass for the lead.

Yup, from what I recall -- Jr having to interrupt Rick Allen to cover the Chase pass for the lead.

yeah it was that bad. I commented about it on Nascar's survey.. I was keeping track of Elliott's run to the front on the leaderboard and listening to the yokels at the same time and I am thinking WTF. In fact on one of the last restarts Elliott made a hell of a move and passed into second and they were talking about Clint Boyer, Almirola? It's pretty bad when they hold the first set of races/cutoffs in the playoffs more important than the race itself. It's like who cares about the first 4 out in the first lousy round compared to who won the race on Monday by the water cooler?

What did Bubba do?

The booth never mentioned Elliott's run back to the front. Why if that had been KDB or Truex that's all we would have seen and heard would be the constant shilling

Camera guy showed the run back to the front, didn't need the screeching heads to tell us the obvious, besides, they were fixated on the playoff excitement

The racing public for attending or watching this garbage. Manufactured cautions, dramatized points system, circus like track, and an environment causing drivers to throw water bottles. Can you imagine Cale Yarborough getting drilled on the track like that and latter encountering the guilty driver in the pits after the race. I will ensure you a water bottle would not be used to settle the on track infraction. NASCAR wonders why the ratings and attendance are in the dumpster. This past weekend serves as a great example.

Bowman almost blew it by getting involved with Wallace. He almost got knocked out of the playoffs because Wallace gave him the finger. He did recover like Chase did.

Bowman almost blew it by getting involved with Wallace. He almost got knocked out of the playoffs because Wallace gave him the finger. He did recover like Chase did.
Knowing how shy and easy going Alex is kind of surprised me that he dumped Bubba unless there is more to the story then meets the eye "which there usually is". But I was glad to see Alex stand up for himself but I also know that now is not a good time to make to many enemies.

The racing public for attending or watching this garbage. Manufactured cautions, dramatized points system, circus like track, and an environment causing drivers to throw water bottles. Can you imagine Cale Yarborough getting drilled on the track like that and latter encountering the guilty driver in the pits after the race. I will ensure you a water bottle would not be used to settle the on track infraction. NASCAR wonders why the ratings and attendance are in the dumpster. This past weekend serves as a great example.

Oh zing! Get over it old timer. Jokes on you. Here you are bitching and moaning. You clearly were invested enough to check in on the attendance, the water bottle incident, the manufactured cautions etc.

Oh zing! Get over it old timer. Jokes on you. Here you are bitching and moaning. You clearly were invested enough to check in on the attendance, the water bottle incident, the manufactured cautions etc.
Funny he could recall everything that went on yesterday. Must have came to him in a dream

Can you imagine Cale Yarborough getting drilled on the track like that and latter encountering the guilty driver in the pits after the race. I will ensure you a water bottle would not be used to settle the on track infraction.
I also can't imagine Cale forcing his way through medical personnel to get to somebody already down. When throwing water is your only remaining option, that's what you go with.

But even if there were other options, for Cale or Bubba, doesn't mean any of them were good choices. Kicking a guy flat on his back with a needle in his arm isn't going to win any fans in 2019, will probably lose a sponsor, and maybe draw a suspension. Cale didn't have to worry about a live national television audience, or a fan demographic that included more than just middle-aged blue collar guys, or losing a slice of a 7-figure salary.

I also can't imagine Cale forcing his way through medical personnel to get to somebody already down. When throwing water is your only remaining option, that's what you go with.

But even if there were other options, for Cale or Bubba, doesn't mean any of them were good choices. Kicking a guy flat on his back with a needle in his arm isn't going to win any fans in 2019, will probably lose a sponsor, and maybe draw a suspension. Cale didn't have to worry about a live national television audience, or a fan demographic that included more than just middle-aged blue collar guys, or losing a slice of a 7-figure salary.
When did Bowman have a needle in his arm while beside the car? He was sitting up with a towel on his shoulder talking with Gordon and the Director of the rescue team who is a trauma Doc so her getting hit with a little water probably doesnt register that high on the list of things that bothers her.

When did Bowman have a needle in his arm while beside the car? He was sitting up with a towel on his shoulder talking with Gordon and the Director of the rescue team who is a trauma Doc so her getting hit with a little water probably doesnt register that high on the list of things that bothers her.

It probably didn't bother her, but it WAS disrespectful to her. I don't blame Bubba for wanting a piece of Alex, but that wasn't the time for it.

I don't think Newman deserves any blame. He elevated RFR this year and made them better. He isn't ever going to be super popular and he obviously rubs a few the wrong way, but he is still a winner imo, even after overdriving the chicane.

Bowman blew a corner on the first lap and spun out Wallace as a result. Obviously unintentional, but clearly Bowman was at fault and Wallace wasn't happy about it.

Wallace expresses his displeasure when they are together on the track again via his middle finger, and somehow this common gesture causes Bowman to see fit to wreck him again, intentionally. NASCAR and everyone else is well aware of it, as Bowman spelled it out on the radio. NASCAR takes no action and in fact protects Bowman by warning both drivers they are watching and to cut it out.

I see a lot of 'chicken****' behavior there, far more chicken**** than anything Wallace did later. The only person who didn't deserve to get caught up in the confrontation on pit road was the NASCAR medical director woman. That was unfortunate. Bowman deserved zero deference from Wallace given his actions, though he got some anyway, as it is obvious Wallace intended to do more than a drink in the face before he saw that Bowman was seated. The 'medical attention' angle as sympathy for Bowman is being exaggerated greatly. If Bowman wants to be left alone to recover after a tough race, all he'd have to do is not intentionally drive through people during it.

first it was water,second its tuesday
Bowman blew a corner on the first lap and spun out Wallace as a result. Obviously unintentional, but clearly Bowman was at fault and Wallace wasn't happy about it.

Wallace expresses his displeasure when they are together on the track again via his middle finger, and somehow this common gesture causes Bowman to see fit to wreck him again, intentionally. NASCAR and everyone else is well aware of it, as Bowman spelled it out on the radio. NASCAR takes no action and in fact protects Bowman by warning both drivers they are watching and to cut it out.

I see a lot of 'chicken****' behavior there, far more chicken**** than anything Wallace did later. The only person who didn't deserve to get caught up in the confrontation on pit road was the NASCAR medical director woman. That was unfortunate. Bowman deserved zero deference from Wallace given his actions, though he got some anyway, as it is obvious Wallace intended to do more than a drink in the face before he saw that Bowman was seated. The 'medical attention' angle as sympathy for Bowman is being exaggerated greatly. If Bowman wants to be left alone to recover after a tough race, all he'd have to do is not intentionally drive through people during it.

This isn't hard. First Responders on-scene conducting their mission -- knock it off, stay out of the way, don't interfere.

Bubba's or any other driver's butt-hurt does not have priority over First Responders conducting their mission, no matter what Bubba or your diagnosis is to the contrary.

NASCAR gives drivers a big box to play in with racing hard or even pummeling each other -- use your brain, get creative.

Back
Top Bottom