SILLY SEASON 2018

Once all the contracts are signed definitive statements can be made but until that time it is all wishful thinking and speculation. When a company changes ownership the first thing that is said is that nothing will change and the first thing that happens is things change.

All these rumors about drivers and none about Brian France.He must be like the guy in charge of Sears,he will outlast everyone.Speaking of Sears,our last store nearby is closing.I still remember my grandmother looking forward to her Sears catalog(wish book) coming every year.

All these rumors about drivers and none about Brian France.He must be like the guy in charge of Sears,he will outlast everyone.Speaking of Sears,our last store nearby is closing.I still remember my grandmother looking forward to her Sears catalog(wish book) coming every year.

I don't think Brian France has any job concerns as if he hasn't been replaced by now I can't see it happening at all.

96 month financing has you guys worked up? Ha! I work at a new car dealership on the parts/service side. The NC State Employees Credit Union will finance for 10 years. 120 months. I see it done quite often. 72 months is the industry standard now, not 60 like it was for years. Imagine paying on a vehicle for 10 years. I hope you like it, because it's going to be very hard to get out from under it.

Also, $60k is fairly common for a truck these days. We recently sold a Ram 1500 that come in at almost $73,000, and it was missing a few options that would have pushed it over $76,000.

Vehicles have gone up in price, but our money isn't worth what it used to be either.
A rule of thumb I used in what a car should cost me is my yearly salary. If I am making $50,000 a year that is the most I should pay for a car and you should be able to pay it off in 36 payments. If not, your buying outside your budget. A millionaire friend of mine gave me this advice, " buy a 3 year old low mileage car you can't afford new." He paid $225 thousand for his car and yes it was 3 years old.

Carl Edwards said he has had no talks about returning to a NASCAR Cup car in 2018. In Sonoma to fulfill a sponsor commitment, Edwards said, "I haven't even considered coming back."

Bob Pockrass

Carl Edwards said he has had no talks about returning to a NASCAR Cup car in 2018. In Sonoma to fulfill a sponsor commitment, Edwards said, "I haven't even considered coming back."

Bob Pockrass

That's a funny way of saying he's taking over the 5 car.

Strange thing for a principal of Edwards-Childress FIAT Racing Enterprises to say…..

Rumor Has It BK racing is going to shut down after Indianapolis. This obviously doesn't affect much considering they are a bottom feeder. This would still affect the sport as far as car count is concerned.

Seig is in the BK car for Daytona, should be good to watch. Not too sure that reddit rumor makes much sense, Gaulding was gone week before last. He could be going with one car?

Rumor Has It BK racing is going to shut down after Indianapolis. This obviously doesn't affect much considering they are a bottom feeder. This would still affect the sport as far as car count is concerned.

It will be interesting to see if the car counts bottom out in the mid 30's or if mote backmarkers pop up.

Seig is in the BK car for Daytona, should be good to watch. Not too sure that reddit rumor makes much sense, Gaulding was gone week before last. He could be going with one car?

Yeah grain of salt

GMS is likely to come to Cup but I'd say they'll stay aligned with Hendrick and Chevy or they'd be smart to anyway.

Goodness... cue the Carl return propaganda again.

Nah... I'm under the impression that carl is done with racing. Not his biggest fan, seen him win in person twice. Liked the way he handled himself after homestead last year though. If he comes back, cool... if not, just more seats for some of these up and comers which I'm excited about for the first time in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its clearly Kasey bringing back Dodge.

Is Bubba a possible candidate for this ride? It would kind of be appropriate for him to replace Danica from a Corporate perspective.

Sure is... I'd say
Aric
Bubba
Are probably on the short list.

Then depending what happens with silly season these drivers could be available
Kahne
Kenseth
Buescher
And the list goes on

From a competitive standpoint all the drivers mentioned would be an upgrade over DP but she may represent the best hope of keeping the 10 car alive due to her current sponsors and ability to pick up a few more.

From a competitive standpoint all the drivers mentioned would be an upgrade over DP but she may represent the best hope of keeping the 10 car alive due to her current sponsors and ability to pick up a few more.

I am surprised they lost their major sponsor for the season and we've gone half the season and they still have not had that car unsponsored at all.

DP has lost her marketability. I don't see her driving next year.

DP has lost her marketability. I don't see her driving next year.

that is a statement that has yet to be proven, but has a good chance of being true. It does look like it will come down to sponsorship, because I don't think anybody can say performance alone will keep her in a top tier ride at this point for much longer. But Burton year after year and later, Mears were in the seat I thought long after they should have hit the bricks, but they had sponsorship.

My guess would be a ride buyer from the lower divisions or guy that brings guaranteed sponsorship: Allgaier, Sadler, Ryan Reed seem like possibilities. Or maybe Crafton

Back
Top Bottom