SILLY SEASON 2018

@Allenbaba soo....I wonder if Patrick pulls out a win or a top 5 if she stays SHR. This is just making me so sad.

@Allenbaba soo....I wonder if Patrick pulls out a win or a top 5 if she stays SHR. This is just making me so sad.

From what I have read this is DP's last year due to sponsorship issues and has nothing to do with performance or lack thereof. Trevor Bayne won the Daytona 500 with the Wood's and that didn't help them gain a full time sponsor.

Would love to see RCR bring dodge into the sport. Especially since Chevy is looking like it's becoming a one headed monster behind Hendrick.
As you can tell by my username, I a big Chevrolet guy and a big RCR fan, but I'd love for them to bring Dodge back. I'd say they're the best shot at doing it, except Ganassi.

From what I have read this is DP's last year due to sponsorship issues and has nothing to do with performance or lack thereof. Trevor Bayne won the Daytona 500 with the Wood's and that didn't help them gain a full time sponsor.
Agree. But just remember, it's the "lack thereof" that has led to sponsorship issues. If Danica had Martin Truex Jr's career resume...literally identical statistics...she would be fully funded forever. And on a Dale Jr level when it came to marketing.

If I were FIAT I’d jump right in with RCR.

Two dominating victories this year. Consistent finishes, week in, week out.

Agree. But just remember, it's the "lack thereof" that has led to sponsorship issues. If Danica had Martin Truex Jr's career resume...literally identical statistics...she would be fully funded forever. And on a Dale Jr level when it came to marketing.
Respect. The forum is lucky to have you here.

No effect. Mebbe go ALL CAPS. :D

My package deal wish with SHR was simply that...just like Tony said he would like to have him. On top of that i wrote it before he stated that and was interrupted at work multiple times. Kind of exactly like this post.

Larson is not going to SHR. SHR will be lucky to even have 3 cars next season. I put the odds of them having 4 cars at 2%. Odds of 3 cars at 70% (will happen if Monster stays). They need a big dollar sponsor.

As much as I hate to say it I don't see Monster paying an individual car sponsor when they are already sponsoring the whole series. Harvick is safe, Danica is toast, who gets the axe between Bowyer and Busch? Bowyer is more popular and is friends with Smoke but Busch is a better driver and Gene Haas brought him in himself.

My package deal wish with SHR was simply that...just like Tony said he would like to have him. On top of that i wrote it before he stated that and was interrupted at work multiple times. Kind of exactly like this post.
You're far from the first poster to wish Larson away from Ganassi.

Two wins in 15 races, the points lead and a car owner with an Indy Car team.

For sure as if she had the steak to go with the sizzle all would be well.

I am surprised you weren't taken to task for your spelling and punctuation too!...........:D

As much as I hate to say it I don't see Monster paying an individual car sponsor when they are already sponsoring the whole series. Harvick is safe, Danica is toast, who gets the axe between Bowyer and Busch? Bowyer is more popular and is friends with Smoke but Busch is a better driver and Gene Haas brought him in himself.

From a competition standpoint if SHR is down to a 2 car operation I would pick Harvick and Kurt.

For sure. NASCAR is a sponsor driven sport though and Bowyer isn't the most popular driver but certainly has more fans than Kurt.

I don't recall ever hearing Clint speak but I understand he is quite funny and very likable.

Crazy stuff. If Kurt gets axed where does he end up?

anything can happen. IF the results come then the money will too. I am very skerred my driver wont be there next year tho :(

Sometimes you just feel like you have to vocalize your thoughts and the way things are shaking up it has me predicting.....

5 Bowman
12 Blaney
20 Jones
21 Menard
77 Kahne
88 Kenseth

10,27 gone
BK gone
23 GMS new team.

Just a feeling with the latest rumors nothing other than that amongst probably many other changes

Sometimes you just feel like you have to vocalize your thoughts and the way things are shaking up it has me predicting.....

5 Bowman
12 Blaney
20 Jones
21 Menard
77 Kahne
88 Kenseth

10,27 gone
BK gone
23 GMS new team.

Just a feeling with the latest rumors nothing other than that amongst probably many other changes

I am sorry but I just didn't like the way you formatted this post.......:D

I believe when Monster was annocued as the title sponsor , it was said they would probably would not return to SHR in 2018, but I could wrong, my opinion and guessing is they dont return for 2018

On the driver side, this is kind of tricky to guess who would get cut (Harv/Kurt/Clint) Harvick is signed through 2019, so, I would say he stays, Kurt is signed on through 2017, and has at least a 2-3 year deal , Clint is signed through 2018.

So if I am going to guess, and yes it might seem bias, but I say its Harvick and Kurt that stay, and Clint gets cut.

Trevor Bayne wasn't a household name before he won it either. Still isn't.

Whether Jr retires or not.. Doesnt change the fact, Danica Patrick is a household name. You can argue she may be yesterdays news and has sinc been forgotten... But you cant argue that a win wouldnt put her right back on the front page.

Personally I think IF Danica would win at this point in her career it would be so short lived that it wouldn't even matter. Her peak has came and gone she's just simply old news. She's not a cash cow anymore.

Whether Jr retires or not.. Doesnt change the fact, Danica Patrick is a household name. You can argue she may be yesterdays news and has sinc been forgotten... But you cant argue that a win wouldnt put her right back on the front page.

Talking about DP regularly getting top 15's is so far from reality that even imagining a scenario where she would win a race in the traditional way is in outer space. If I was 4-5 inches taller, 40 years younger, gifted athletically and qualified for a football scholarship I could have been drafted into the NFL and been a household name like Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom