SILLY SEASON 2018

I would wonder how many sponsors would want to put the money out for a short term ride? Tony might want him and get rid of Danica though.

Rick Hendrick did say when Brad went to Penske that he could reach out and get him if/when he wants. Is this why HMS isn't saying anything right now? Is he waiting until Penske decides?
Brad is the right age to fit between JJ and the young guys and still has a few championship years left in him.

The more I look at kenseth, the more I think it's like 80% he comes out in a couple months to say 2017 is his last full season. If anything else is put together, I feel he does a 1 year deal for someone but makes 2018 his last season. I don't think he'll push for too much more at this point.

Yeah just seems to be a weird uncomfortable shade about JGR... decisions that go on there the last couple years just don't seem very welcoming

Carl up and decides to leave the sport while still having a year on his current deal to run... pushing kenseth out. How bout Denny? How long does he get to stay?

I can't belive Matt doesn't have a ride when Newman and kahne who have been irrelevant for years still have one.
That's what I think too. It's making me really look at a lot of guys and say what have they done lately that's so great. Mcmurray notorious for winning and then its five years till he might grab another. Newman hasn't honestly been a serious threat to the series since 2004...kahne, good greif look more towards mcmurray now it seems like. All mid pack specials. Here's kenseth probably gonna be sitting out.

The TV preacher at JGR appears to be the most cut throat owner in NASCAR.

Coached that ***** sport....football. Big boy game. Like this.

Nascar is a business first so I don't understand why JGR is being called a big bunch of meanies for treating Matt so poorly. The best thing for JGR is to get Jones on the team and you don't get rid of Kyle or Suarez so that leaves Denny and Matt and Denny and JGR seem to have a great relationship with FedEx.

It should be too long before Furniture Row tells everybody what they are going to do about the 77 team

Furniture Row Racing is expected to make a decision on whether to continue to operate its second team by August 1.

I am beginning to understand why Carl Edwards decided to retire so unexpectedly.

all kinda peachy creamy on top, but Carl just up and left and he left them all in the lurch. Said he wasn't retiring (means to me, I'm not driving anymore for the bunch of cutthroats) So he burned the hell out of that bridge and didn't care.

Poor old Matt has had terrible luck with sponsorship ... I hope that issue doesn't force him to the sidelines. I would think compared to most of these Nascar goofs that Matt is every bit as sponsorable if not more so given his track record in the sport. After a decade or more with Dewalt from 2000-2010 or so, he has seen several big sponsors cut their support due to economic downturn or a change in advertising philosophy. While at Rousch .. Dewalt was sold to Stanley and they cut their sponsorship way back .. Crown Royal scaled way back on nascar advertising dollars .. Best Buy left the sport after a serious economic downturn. At Gibbs .. Home Depot left the sport during economic downturn. Dollar General left at being a major sponsor of 30 races due to CEO philosophical changes. The former CEO was a huge Nascar fan, and his replacement isn't. Bad luck Matt ... hopefully he can get someone who believes in him and the sport.

Can anyone state clearly how Joe Gibbs personally or JGR as a company have wronged Matt Kenseth? I can hear the crickets already.....:D

all kinda peachy creamy on top, but Carl just up and left and he left them all in the lurch. Said he wasn't retiring (means to me, I'm not driving anymore for the bunch of cutthroats) So he burned the hell out of that bridge and didn't care.

You think Carl burned bridges on the way out at JGR? I really dont see how you're seeing it that way. I'm thinking more along the lines of he seen what was coming for him as his main sponsor was there for Suarez and not him so if he'd stayed it would be him in the same situation Matt is in now so he left on his own terms.

Joe Gibbs kept making statements last year that he loved Matt and he hoped he would retire with JGR ... Matt on the other hand never planned on retiring. I don't think Matt has been treated unfairly. He saw the writing on the wall just like Carl did, but he elected to finish out his contract instead of retiring.

Rick Hendrick did say when Brad went to Penske that he could reach out and get him if/when he wants. Is this why HMS isn't saying anything right now? Is he waiting until Penske decides?
Brad is the right age to fit between JJ and the young guys and still has a few championship years left in him.
Brad will never ever drive for Hendrick.

You think Carl burned bridges on the way out at JGR? I really dont see how you're seeing it that way. I'm thinking more along the lines of he seen what was coming for him as his main sponsor was there for Suarez and not him so if he'd stayed it would be him in the same situation Matt is in now so he left on his own terms.
Carl told JGR that he wanted to retire but if his services were needed for another year he was happy to remain with the team. JGR decided it could make do without Carl and promoted Suarez and that is the truth of the situation.

Joe Gibbs kept making statements last year that he loved Matt and he hoped he would retire with JGR ... Matt on the other hand never planned on retiring. I don't think Matt has been treated unfairly. He saw the writing on the wall just like Carl did, but he elected to finish out his contract instead of retiring.
Carl didn't retire, he quit.

Either Joe isn't really running the show and shouldn't have made the Matt love statement, or he had a knife behind his back when he said that.

I know someone that works for joe Gibbs racing well a couple people.. I have talked to one person and they said they wasn't surprised by this at all.. I don't know how to take that because they also tell me how good of a person coach Gibbs is to so idk.. I even met him at the shop real cool dude gave me and my daughter his book and signed them for us without even having to ask.

Can anyone state clearly how Joe Gibbs personally or JGR as a company have wronged Matt Kenseth? I can hear the crickets already.....:D

No, but the way Matt made his announcement was a dig back at JGR for some unknown reason.

Do you really believe Carl retired?

No, but the way Matt made his announcement was a dig back at JGR for some unknown reason.

I agree. Matt was pissed. He is a competitor. Pushed out by a younger driver. Pride of TRD. If he was happy, I would wonder about him.

Matt "The Brat" Kenseth appeared to come out that day. Yeah .. he totally beat Joe Gibbs to the punch and kind of forced their hand a bit. He was tired of living under that cloud.

might be because he was screwed over and all of the Rev Gibbs love.. all about family and *big smile* we just love Matt.

Matt could have made his announcement in order to get a jump on getting a ride for next year or for any number of reasons but you are right in that we don't know. However comments that Joe Gibbs stabbed Matt in the back and making fun of him personally are completely out of order.

might be because he was screwed over and all of the Rev Gibbs love.. all about family and *big smile* we just love Matt.

Matt....2-3 years left. Erik Jones....20. Keep Matt. Lose Erik. What would you do?

Matt could have made his announcement in order to get a jump on getting a ride for next year or for any number of reasons but you are right in that we don't know. However the asinine comments that Joe Gibbs stabbed Matt in the back and making fun of him personally are completely out of order.

Coach got his name because he was a football coach. Had to cut players. "Screwed" hundreds. Part of his job. Where the hell is all of this Girl Scout stuff coming from?

Coach got his name because he was a football coach. Had to cut players. "Screwed" hundreds. Part of his job. Where the hell is all of this Girl Scout stuff coming from?

This ain't foobah bubba. From my seat the first smoke was when Tony bailed when Gibbs went to Toyota..never hear a positive thing about his years with Gibbs from Tony. The way Logano was treated and how he has thrived since he left..never hear a good thing from Logano, and he is a positive kind of guy. Carl just up and quits and now Kenseth gets shoved out for what? nothing on Jones pawn in the game but an unproven kid with out a fan base and so far appears to have less of a TV personality as Kenseth. So from where I stand, I'm saying sour grapes..

This ain't foobah bubba. From my seat the first smoke was when Tony bailed when Gibbs went to Toyota..never hear a positive thing about his years with Gibbs from Tony. The way Logano was treated and how he has thrived since he left..never hear a good thing from Logano, and he is a positive kind of guy. Carl just up and quits and now Kenseth gets shoved out for what? nothing on Jones pawn in the game but an unproven kid with out a fan base and so far appears to have less of a TV personality as Kenseth. So from where I stand, I'm saying sour grapes..

Those are great points, really. Tony hated Toyota IMO. That point really driven home by his move to Ford. As I understand it, JD went to Tony's house to break the news with JGR signed. Joey.....Not sure how much more time they could have given him, but certainly, he did just fine, and JGR paid the development costs. Carl.....jury is still out. The only thing you forgot was all of the great stuff former drivers say about JGR and Coach. Labonte, Jarret...Cup Champions and stuff.

B.S. Tony cut off half of his arm to get out of that bunch, had to leave Zippy and the rest of his team that wanted to go with him also. Got to leave a year early on his contract that way. To Gibb's credit he let him out of his contract, but he had to leave his team there for new hire Joey. And Joey's stay there and his continuing love for that loving "family" (cutthroats):p after he left is well documented.

Back
Top Bottom