SILLY SEASON 2018

What I want To Happen For 2018:

#5 Danica Patrick-Give her hendrick horse power and lets see what she can do.
#88 Matt Kenseth-signs a 2 year contract and when its done Byron takes Over.

#10 Bubba Wallace-Gets a good ride to show what he can do.

#77 Alex Bowman-after how well he did filling in for jr in 2016.He deserves a cup ride and this would be a good ride for him teaming with Truex.

#77 Alex Bowman-after how well he did filling in for jr in 2016.He deserves a cup ride and this would be a good ride for him teaming with Truex.

He chose to set out because there was no room at HMS, now there might be some room and I feel like the guy will be left out. Byron has already made Axalta happy by putting them in Victory Lane and plenty other quality drivers will be available.

I think the 77 would be a perfect landing spot for Bubba Wallace. Bowman isn't waiting out a ride at HMS to go to FRR. If he doesn't end up at HMS in 2018 then I dont think he'll be in NASCAR really.

All this talk about so-and-so going to the 77 is simply not going to happen the 77 car will not be on the track next year I guarantee it. May It come back within a couple of years I absolutely believe it. Danica's gone as well.

What do you think she had when SHR was a Chevy team, Hendrick engines and chassis.

true but maybe going to a new team is what she needs.I remember Logano did'n do nothing at gibbs but when he left and went to Penske he became a great driver not trying to compare Joey to Danica but maybe a new team is what Danica needs aswell and she gets one last chance to see if she can make it in Nascar.

true but maybe going to a new team is what she needs.I remember Logano did'n do nothing at gibbs but when he left and went to Penske he became a great driver not trying to compare Joey to Danica but maybe a new team is what Danaica needs aswell and she gets one last chance to see if she can make it in Nascar.
Oh sure, a new team could maybe improve things for her, it did work for JoLo. But lets be honest, I dont think #5 team would be any better for her, I think there are major issues with that one, and needs a complete overhaul in my opinion.

Anybody know why Keselowski hasn't signed with penske? Why is it taking so long?
Could be filling out a sponsorship package, could be posturing to get more Ford backing for his Truck team. I don't think he actually intends to leave, but the details need to be sorted out.

Could be filling out a sponsorship package, could be posturing to get more Ford backing for his Truck team. I don't think he actually intends to leave, but the details need to be sorted out.

Whatever BKez is doing he would be wise to squeeze out as much as he can as Kasey Khane will probably earn more in his last year at Hendrick than drivers signing new deals will ever see.

yeah that is the story I heard..probably waiting on Ford to make up their minds with a decent truck package..after all he is the only team Ford has in the trucks and it is only 2 trucks in a sea of Toyota's and Chevys.

twitter

Adam Stern @A_S12

Re: possible Penske/Wood Bros. move, a source said the holdup in Penske's plans for a third car involves @Keselowski's unfinished extension.

Full article.

Richard Childress Racing has been considering its options for ‘18 should primary sponsor Menards leave after this season, according to sources, an indication that the home improvement chain is eyeing a move elsewhere. Menards is said to be eyeing a move from RCR to the Team Penske/Wood Brothers alliance after this season, according to sources, though no side will confirm it. Menards Promotions Manager Jeff Abbott and RCR President Torrey Galida both declined comment about plans for the future or their current deal. Whether Menards’ deal expires after this year or if there is a clause that would allow an out was unclear, but the pact is thought to be one of the more lucrative team sponsorships in the sport at well over $10M annually. It is a season-long pact that John Menard, the founder of the Wisconsin-based chain, brings as part of a package deal that has included his son Paul as driver. The retailer often splits the primary paint scheme with one of its dozens of vendors on a weekly basis. Menard has been at RCR since ’11. If Menards leaves RCR, options would include trying to find sponsorship to keep the team’s third Cup car, the No. 27, or reducing to two Cup cars.

MUSICAL CHAIRS: Team Penske is considering bringing driver Ryan Blaney back in house from alliance team Wood Brothers, where he has been on loan. That would open up a slot for Wood Brothers Racing’s No. 21 Ford. Sources said that were the move to come to fruition, Menards could end up in the No. 21, while Blaney would slot into a third Penske car to compete in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, potentially the No. 12. One source said the current holdup in Penske confirming plans for a third car involves Brad Keselowski, whose deal is up after this year but who has yet to announce an extension. However, sources said Keselowski, who has indicated he wants to stay with the front-running team, is closing in on signing that extension. Menards is already a sponsor of Team Penske on the IndyCar side, and John Menard was at this year’s Indianapolis 500 to support the organization. There was also talk last year that Menards would join Penske this season, though the move never came to fruition, but the talk has been renewed this year. Wood Brothers and Team Penske declined comment

Would be interesting to see the Menard's colors on the #21

Still working on Miller Lite. It might be shrinking, so will need other deals to make up the difference. They can't guarantee Brad big $ until they can guarantee big income...so, they wait...
Ahh, so the hold up is on the Miller side, not surprised that it might be shrinking.

Still working on Miller Lite. It might be shrinking, so will need other deals to make up the difference. They can't guarantee Brad big $ until they can guarantee big income...so, they wait...

That makes sense and sponsors don't need to be in any hurry in today's climate.

Ahh, so the hold up is on the Miller side, not surprised that it might be shrinking.

IDK what Miller spends on sponsorship with Penske but it would make sense that with sponsorship values resetting they don't want to grossly overpay or get stuck with something long term.

IDK what Miller spends on sponsorship with Penske but it would make sense that with sponsorship values resetting they don't want to grossly overpay or get stuck with something long term.
Oh sure, that is why contracts expire.

I'd say if these guys want to stay employed...... they might as well get used to taking a salary reduction.... the money just isn't there anymore and there are plenty of young hotshoes waiting in the wings just chomping at the bits to get in that car for a fraction of the pay.

Kez sounds like he wants to stay at Penske, probably will, but with his record he could go shopping or he might be getting offers now. After all it's silly season and there are good teams teams looking for drivers

Menards leaving would be devastating to RCR.

I wonder where that would leave Paul in the equation? Is he going to retire from NASCAR? Brandon Jones might be in trouble if Menards pulls out, they have a lot of races filled in for him.

I wonder where that would leave Paul in the equation? Is he going to retire from NASCAR? Brandon Jones might be in trouble if Menards pulls out, they have a lot of races filled in for him.
I read somewhere that Paul was thinking about running Xfinity full time next year

I read somewhere that Paul was thinking about running Xfinity full time next year

That would be cool, I guess.

I guess he had given up with RCR last year, if you heard some of the things Paul said about Austin... It does not surprise me that Menard is just in the back of the field all the time now. I would like to see him with Penske in Cup, I think he would fare better than most would expect.

I guess he had given up with RCR last year, if you heard some of the things Paul said about Austin... It does not surprise me that Menard is just in the back of the field all the time now. I would like to see him with Penske in Cup, I think he would fare better than most would expect.
He has run strong in the xfinity races, had some bad luck but he was up in the lead pack, I thought at the time he should be in Xfinity.

I heard Harvick's that's enough, Harvick was overdriving the RCR stuff for years, nobody has come close after he left.

If Paul is leaving RCR, I wish Richard would sign Kahne or Bubba Wallace for that vacant 27 ride. But it will go to Ty most likely. Which sucks, I miss RCR being a top team week in and week out. If Menard does go to Penske and runs Xfinity, I would think that if Miller is downsizing their commitment why couldn't Menards jump on for a few to sponsor Brad?

Paul Menard is a ride buyer so wherever the sponsorship goes his Dad will make sure Paul is the driver.

From 2016 :idunno:

Furniture Row Racing owner says he's 'fairly certain' Erik Jones will leave team after 2017

Barney Visser said if Jones leaves, his team will bring on a top-tier driver

The FRR owner echoed some of the speculation floating around NASCAR that Jones could defect to Joe Gibbs Racing after his contract expires. He said this despite saying last weekend that "we hope to make (Jones' contract) many more" years beyond 2017.

On "Dialed In," Visser talked about Jones and the future of his team's newest car.

"If we don't have him, we will have somebody else," Visser said. "With how we're running, we will get a very, very good driver after he leaves, if he leaves, and I'm fairly certain he will. We will attract one of the best drivers in the garage for that second slot, I am confident. The cars are just going to be running too well. The first car is running to well. It all builds on itself. It all kind of snowballs in the right direction."

The show's host, Claire B. Lang, followed up by asking Visser if he really felt Jones would leave.

"I think probably so," Visser said. "I think that's most likely. We're working on that. What I am saying is the team will go on no matter what, and people need to understand that when they come looking for jobs."

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-...tain-erik-jones-will-leave-team#ixzz4H7s9eNkE

Well that's unfortunate:

3) Speaking of downsizing — Richard Childress Racing is preparing for the possible departure of Menard’s at the end of the season. At least a dozen employees were laid off in the last week coming on the heels of the departure of RCR veteran crew chiefs Slugger Labbe and Gil Martin. Sources with knowledge of the situation say certain departments were over-staffed. Marty Houston is now the shop foreman for the Xfinity Series shop, which is still looking for its first win of the season.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-season-hits-halfway-point-929866/

If Paul is leaving RCR, I wish Richard would sign Kahne or Bubba Wallace for that vacant 27 ride. But it will go to Ty most likely. Which sucks, I miss RCR being a top team week in and week out. If Menard does go to Penske and runs Xfinity, I would think that if Miller is downsizing their commitment why couldn't Menards jump on for a few to sponsor Brad?
If Paul leaves, there probably wont be a #27 car.

Brandon Jones has been pretty bad this year but his dad is basically the CEO of Rheem or something like that if I remember.

yeah Allgaier's dad is a big wig at Brandt. Gallagher, Gaughan, Custer, Poole, Menard, Dillions, France, Logano, on and on. Racing always has had a large amount of the rich and very rich in it. That's why is isn't going anywhere.

Jordan Bianchi‏ @Jordan_Bianchi 3h3 hours ago

In this Silly Season overview, sources tell SB Nation that Brad Keselowski and Penske are “close” to an extension

Brad Keselowski

At the beginning of the season, it seemed a foregone conclusion Keselowski would re-sign with Penske, where he’s been since 2009 and won a Cup title three years later. Negotiations remain ongoing, though, believed to be complicated by Keselowski’s desire to have increased manufacturer support for his Truck Series team and interest in rejoining Hendrick — whether that interest is real or merely a negotiating tactic is up for debate.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/14/15971900/nascar-rumors-danica-patrick-brad-keselowski-kurt-busch

Back
Top Bottom