SILLY SEASON 2018

I dont think Matt made any type of announcement about not being in the 20. Was he not asked a question about it and answered the question? Yeah it might have forced JGR to go ahead and make the announcement that Jones would be in the 20 but everyone knew that was pretty much a given anyway.

B.S. Tony cut off half of his arm to get out of that bunch, had to leave Zippy and the rest of his team that wanted to go with him also. Got to leave a year early on his contract that way. To Gibb's credit he let him out of his contract, but he had to leave his team there for new hire Joey. And Joey's stay there and his continuing love for that loving "family" (cutthroats):p after he left is well documented.

B.S.? Think I agreed with you....with the exception of the Joey drama.

Kasey Kahne sucks, Toyota evil, and Gibbs is the devil. Have I covered this thread?

Yes. Thank you.

How true, Eric is walking into a buzz saw, each one a deity unto themselves. He doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloth as that bunch.

Erik will be just fine. Geez. Calling Oprah....Oprah.....come in Oprah.....

I dont think Matt made any type of announcement about not being in the 20. Was he not asked a question about it and answered the question? Yeah it might have forced JGR to go ahead and make the announcement that Jones would be in the 20 but everyone knew that was pretty much a given anyway.

No problem with what Matt did, but he could have sidestepped that question. He knew what he was doing, and it moved the timetable up for Erik's announcement per Erik.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Bubba on the sidelines (for now), I wonder if he is still beholden to Ford or was that severed when the 6 team folded?
I can see him being on anyones short list if a driver in Cup is sidelined with an injury. Not being held to Ford only teams would open up opportunities short term.

I don't think Bubba is. Ford motor Company isn't supposed to have the ability to hire and fire drivers in Nascar. Last time I heard, manufacturers are kept separate. They can contribute support, and I do believe they agreed to continue to support Buescher that enabled Roush to keep him under contract lease out his charter and keep Buescher on the payroll. I'm guessing but Bubba's contract could have a clause about sponsorship tied with him being able to race.

I know that this will not be popular and I know that most think that the new DG CEO just didn't like spending money on Nascar sponsorship but I read some FB posts at DG's page and at least a couple said they wouldn't shop at DG as long as they sponsored Kenseth after the Martinsville incident. Just a thought.

I know that this will not be popular and I know that most think that the new DG CEO just didn't like spending money on Nascar sponsorship but I read some FB posts at DG's page and at least a couple said they wouldn't shop at DG as long as they sponsored Kenseth after the Martinsville incident. Just a thought.

Haha .. there are always going to be upset people when it comes to sports. I'm sure kyle busch has ruffled some feathers over the years, but his sponsors don't seem to care much.

Haha .. there are always going to be upset people when it comes to sports. I'm sure kyle busch has ruffled some feathers over the years, but his sponsors don't seem to care much.
M&M's raised heck after Kyle's Texas foolishness a few years ago. MWR sponsors faced tons of backlash after the Richmond fiasco, too.

Believe it or not I actually don't eat m&ms because of Kyle Busch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it or not I actually don't eat m&ms because of Kyle Busch

Wow, you must dislike him coz peanut M&Ms are Yum!
yes.gif

Not at my house. Nooo way. Me an' the dog both get by on plenty of Miller Lite though. :rolleyes:

Instead of Miller Lite try soda water or tonic waterbas they both have better flavor and carbonation, cost less and probably have a higher alcohol content. It is no wonder the big brewers are hurting schlepping slop like that.

Nothing on TV tonight, it's really a miss that NASCAR doesn't had a race tonight.

Those people are the worse

Nothing on TV tonight, it's really a miss that NASCAR doesn't had a race tonight.

Martinsville NBC

it needs to be done

Dont guess the dog eats Pedigree either?

Shoot no, pride in the green bag here at the house. The deer hounds get pride in the black bag.

ESPYs are on. Danica has already presented an award. Haven't seen any other drivers accept Ricky.

Really want to see a Nationwide commercial with Peyton Manning showing Dale Jr what retirement is like.

Shoot no, pride in the green bag here at the house. The deer hounds get pride in the black bag.

Dogs are particular about their Alpo here. Did get a Pedigree gravy sample in the mail that they liked but they can live eating it dry.

ESPYs are on. Danica has already presented an award. Haven't seen any other drivers accept Ricky.

Really want to see a Nationwide commercial with Peyton Manning showing Dale Jr what retirement is like.
Not an ESPY's guy... I'm watching the 1987 First Union 400. I think if NASCAR would ever do a summer mid week race tonight or tomorrow would be optimal

Poor old Matt has had terrible luck with sponsorship ... I hope that issue doesn't force him to the sidelines. I would think compared to most of these Nascar goofs that Matt is every bit as sponsorable if not more so given his track record in the sport. After a decade or more with Dewalt from 2000-2010 or so, he has seen several big sponsors cut their support due to economic downturn or a change in advertising philosophy. While at Rousch .. Dewalt was sold to Stanley and they cut their sponsorship way back .. Crown Royal scaled way back on nascar advertising dollars .. Best Buy left the sport after a serious economic downturn. At Gibbs .. Home Depot left the sport during economic downturn. Dollar General left at being a major sponsor of 30 races due to CEO philosophical changes. The former CEO was a huge Nascar fan, and his replacement isn't. Bad luck Matt ... hopefully he can get someone who believes in him and the sport.

On the other hand, maybe Matt's demands for salary are a few million above current market prices. We also don't know how well Matt reacted with his sponsors at other venues.
Of course if I was his sponsor, he would have been fired after his altercation with Joey and I believe many big sponsors are afraid their customers would think that they condone this behavior.
Circle came on board this year for the 20 car but I believe that was because they knew in negotiations they would be sponsoring Jones.

Interesting
Chris Buescher: Planning to be back with JTG Daugherty Racing next season

“It’s coming along,” Buescher said. “We’re in the process, we’re trying to get everything ironed out and be able to move forward. The plan right now is to try and do the same thing next year with JTG Daugherty. Obviously, it’s a little early and this has been one of the wilder silly seasons right off the bat that I can remember. I think for us it’s going to be a pretty easy one. I think we’re trying to get everything squared away on some detail stuff right now.”

The charter must be returned to Roush or purchased after this season. Roush does have charters for two other cars it could lease to the team as an option.
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07...e-back-with-jtg-daugherty-racing-next-season/

Probably why Carl left, he got wind of what that band of cut throats were going to do. He got the jump on em, turned the tables. :moon:
Nah. I could see budget cuts playing into his decision to retire if his contract were expiring last off season. But, it wasn't. He walked away from guaranteed millions. Sticking it to JGR that way would be like paying for your meal at the drive thru window, then speeding off laughing before they could hand you the food.

If he REALLY wanted to turn the tables, he and his big salary would have stuck around and made JGR spend many millions more to run the 19 this season while he coasted around mid-pack.

He let Suarez do that.:D No slam on Suarez, but he doesn't seem like the face for Subway, but he is backed by big money south american Arris. I think Carl saw it coming among other things. Went out his way.

There has been lots of speculation about Smithfield and/or Aric Almirola leaving Richard Petty Motorsports for greener pastures elsewhere. The King apparently expects to retain both. He also spoke very highly of Bubba Wallace... "If we had a place for him I’d like to have him back again." (Link to NBS Sports)

Back
Top Bottom