SILLY SEASON 2018

Smithfield and Richard Petty Motorsports have been working on an extension and I don’t expect the sponsor to go anywhere. As for who will drive the car, Bubba Wallace appears to be the top candidate at the moment. Should RPM make a manufacturer switch, don't be surprised if the Chevy move is simply a placeholder before returning to Dodge in 2019. If the “they” you are referring to is Smithfield, the only piece moving from RPM to SHR is possibly the driver — Aric Almirola. – Lee Spencer

Smithfield and Richard Petty Motorsports have been working on an extension and I don’t expect the sponsor to go anywhere. As for who will drive the car, Bubba Wallace appears to be the top candidate at the moment. Should RPM make a manufacturer switch, don't be surprised if the Chevy move is simply a placeholder before returning to Dodge in 2019. If the “they” you are referring to is Smithfield, the only piece moving from RPM to SHR is possibly the driver — Aric Almirola. – Lee Spencer

Which is surprising because who Is gonna sponsor aric

That just makes no sense to spend the money switching manufactures for one year, to switch less than a year later , but stranger things have happened.

That just makes no sense to spend the money switching manufactures for one year, to switch less than a year later , but stranger things have happened.
Makes sense if your sponsor wants you out of your current .manufacturer..

As a Ford fan I'm totally fine and happy if they go to Chevy to switch to dodge in 19. I fully support dodge coming back into the sport it's great for everyone.

As a Ford fan I'm totally fine and happy if they go to Chevy to switch to dodge in 19. I fully support dodge coming back into the sport it's great for everyone.
I agree that it would be great for FCA to return to NASCAR with the Dodge branding, I support it or any other manufacture that wants to join NASCAR.

ElvisOnFire

Paul Menard: The Man, The Myth, The Silent Legend

09-04-2017, 04:19 AM
So what I've gathered from this weekend is that the Petty to team with Childress deal is pretty much a done deal, and Petty returns to a 2 car team.

This team up also pays dividends with the return of Dodge in 2020, in which Childress will be the lead team.

So what I've gathered from this weekend is that the Petty to team with Childress deal is pretty much a done deal, and Petty returns to a 2 car team.

This team up also pays dividends with the return of Dodge in 2020, in which Childress will be the lead team.

This lines up with what I've been hearing as well, and connects the dots that are popping up. RCR testing, Petty teaming with RCR, gen 7 car, and launch of the new Challenger/Charger in 2020/21.

This lines up with what I've been hearing as well, and connects the dots that are popping up. RCR testing, Petty teaming with RCR, gen 7 car, and launch of the new Challenger/Charger in 2020/21.

All coming together I hope they run the challenger and have rcr/petty/Germain atleast and have atleast 6 cars.

Sounds good for Petty if they return to two teams but is it a merger deal or an affiliate deal? If it leads to Dodge returning with the Gen 7 then its a great move although might be weird seeing RCR in Dodges but he's really their best option.

I wonder if RCR can take over the Dodge engines that Penske produced. I understand that engine was the property of Roger Penske.:biggrin:

Sounds good for Petty if they return to two teams but is it a merger deal or an affiliate deal? If it leads to Dodge returning with the Gen 7 then its a great move although might be weird seeing RCR in Dodges but he's really their best option.
My hunch is it is an affiliation. That way RCR doesn't park the 27. The 43 and 44 will be under RCR roof we will see in NASCAR allows that.

My hunch is it is an affiliation. That way RCR doesn't park the 27. The 43 and 44 will be under RCR roof we will see in NASCAR allows that.

Affiliation would be best as a RCRPMS or whatever that would be called would feel even weired than RCR in Dodges and Petty in Chevy's. RCR also has affiliations with JGL Daugherty and Germain wich would make for a pretty strong get for Dodge if they kept all of them including the Xfinity and Truck technical alliances they have as well.

I wonder if RCR can take over the Dodge engines that Penske produced. I understand that engine was the property of Roger Penske.:biggrin:

The block and head design are fully Dodge products. The last cylinder head update was a Dodge in house development. Penske didn't even know they were working on it until it was near completion. I'm sure Penske owns the intellectual rights to their specific application, but it's not like RCR has no experience building engines. Dodge has a race block and head that can be improved upon and approved by NASCAR. No one involved is starting from scratch.

The block and head design are fully Dodge products. The last cylinder head update was a Dodge in house development. Penske didn't even know they were working on it until it was near completion. I'm sure Penske owns the intellectual rights to their specific application, but it's not like RCR has no experience building engines. Dodge has a race block and head that can be improved upon and approved by NASCAR. No one involved is starting from scratch.
Yeah, that thing called ECR Engines :laugh:

I just hope if ''Fiat'' does come back that Penske holds true with FoMoCo.... Penske is pretty much the flagship team for them.... even though they are struggling this season.....
I think his contract with Ford is for 10 yrs. He switched because Dodge refused to sign a 5 yr contract. I wonder if they would have signed had they knew Brad would win the championship that year.
Something wrong with all the fords now. Harvick didn't last long up front in the race once the track started to change.

I think his contract with Ford is for 10 yrs. He switched because Dodge refused to sign a 5 yr contract. I wonder if they would have signed had they knew Brad would win the championship that year.
Something wrong with all the fords now. Harvick didn't last long up front in the race once the track started to change.

Ha not that far off anymore for a majority of the race last night it was almost all Ford's and Toyotas in the top 10. Definitely out running the chevys

Ha not that far off anymore for a majority of the race last night it was almost all Ford's and Toyotas in the top 10. Definitely out running the chevys
I wouldn't really be bragging about top 10, if your not in the top 5 your not going to win.
When is the last win for Ford after Joey had his win taken away?

I wouldn't really be bragging about top 10, if your not in the top 5 your not going to win.
When is the last win for Ford after Joey had his win taken away?

They were in the top 5 but whatever.....kf you want to see things in a negative perspective you will see them that way. Ford has 8 wins so does Toyota and Chevy has 9. Since Logano won....stenhouse has 2 fakes wins, Harvick and Blaney have also won.

One of the disadvantages of old age is the memory goes first then you can't remember how to
check facts. My bad. I still think the Fords are done for 2017.

One of the disadvantages of old age is the memory goes first then you can't remember how to

I'm not that optimistic myself but at least they're not struggling as bad as the Hendrick cars those things have had literally 5 top tens combined in the last six weeks I believe which is abysmal. They're behind the Toyotas but they're not terribly far behind.

Jabba's kid is racing a yota so there's that. We'll see what happens when it gets down and dirty.

Daytona and Degga are not real races, lot of fluke wins at those races.

This dismisses Dale Sr and his ability to race in the draft. Not to mention how dominate DEI was in the early 2000s on the plate tracks. You do see some fluke wins, but a lot of that are the result of attrition during the race.

Back
Top Bottom