SILLY SEASON 2018

Not good at all, that was most of RPM's funding right there.

It looks like SHR will snatch them up, but for who?

I think this is setting up for Kenseth to jump into the 10 car IMHO.

From the tweets even mentioning Danica could keep her ride that'd be crazy if Smithfield went to her. Hope Smithfield goes with Kenseth. I wonder what will happen to Bubba now

From the tweets even mentioning Danica could keep her ride that'd be crazy if Smithfield went to her. Hope Smithfield goes with Kenseth. I wonder what will happen to Bubba now

I think RPM still wants Bubba, but where is the sponsorship going to materialize from?

Not unless those companies that were behind Bubba (Leidos, Globe Life, and Coca-Cola) are going to all of a sudden reappear?

RPM is downsizing and I hope the team stays open, hopefully STP can step up for a couple of more races. I'd hate to see Aric lose his seat, but with that back injury I wonder of his commitment, he's a really underrated driver IMHO.

I think RPM still wants Bubba, but where is the sponsorship going to materialize from?

Not unless those companies that were behind Bubba (Leidos, Globe Life, and Coca-Cola) are going to all of a sudden reappear?

RPM is downsizing and I hope the team stays open, hopefully STP can step up for a couple of more races. I'd hate to see Aric lose his seat, but with that back injury I wonder of his commitment, he's a really underrated driver IMHO.
well if RPM wants Bubba and Aric they are going to have to find sponsors it looks like, tough circumstances for Petty. If they had both of those drivers they'd be a pretty good team

Interesting that he threw out Matt Kenseth to the 10. I don't recall anyone suggesting that. What a shame thought that they backed out of the Petty deal at basically the last minute. I wonder why they didn't want Bubba.

From a practical standpoint I am much happier thinking that Matt Kenseth may get another opportunity to race with SHR and Smithfield as opposed to an underfunded and weak RPM team with Bubba or Aric. If Matt Kenseth is not racing next year I will miss him and if Aric or Bubba are not racing next year I won't notice.

From a practical standpoint I am much happier thinking that Matt Kenseth may get another opportunity to race with SHR and Smithfield as opposed to an underfunded and weak RPM team with Bubba or Aric. If Matt Kenseth is not racing next year I will miss him and if Aric or Bubba are not racing next year I won't notice.
Aric is pretty decent driver, I think he'll bring home the equipment in good condition every week. I want to see Bubba in a well funded ride with good equipment in Cup, I think he'd do pretty well and be a race winner in time. But I agree Kenseth deserves to still be in Cup, he's still got it as far contending for race wins and championships. I'd rather see him get the 10 for 3-4 years

If SF could not see Bubba was a shot in the arm for this team then good bye. Secondly, on Aric thank you for your years of service, but honesty says Aric only pushed things the superspeedways and it is time for change.

Well that is an interesting turn of events , I would be happy to see Smithfield and Matt to the #10

How about SF and Matt to the 43. He would feel right at home running RFR garbage.

There's been heat around Bubba and Dominos Pizza. Hope my gut is right about that.

Smithfield expected to move to Stewart-Haas
After a handshake agreement between the sponsor and the King, RPM was informed that Smithfield will not return in 2018. Negotiations had been ongoing since February but talks cooled after the team proposed Darrell Wallace as the new driver for the #43 car.

The company is expected to move to Stewart-Haas Racing next season.

Earlier this season, the rumor mill had Smithfield leaving RPM with Almirola for SHR. However, the latest development has put RPM's plans - including driver selection for next season - in a holding pattern.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/20656963/smithfield-expected-move-stewart-haas

If SF could not see Bubba was a shot in the arm for this team then good bye. Secondly, on Aric thank you for your years of service, but honesty says Aric only pushed things the superspeedways and it is time for change.

Looks like that's what they tried to do and it backfired. Without a main sponsor you have to start thinking about them possibly closing shop. That's a bunch of people without jobs.

So the interesting part , "the rumor mill had Smithfield leaving RPM with Almirola for SHR", if that was the case, I wonder what driver he was going to replace, it would of either been Kurt or Danica, and with Monster sponsoring the car for next year up in the air, my guess would of been Kurt would of been the one being replaced.

On the DBC podcast, they stated Smithfield had to be disappointed with the results even with all the money they have contributed to RPM... this leads me to believe that they won't want to sponsor Danica but wtf do I know?

It's also now out in the open that they shopped for BW. Bubba needs to find a sponsor, that 43 can be his it sounds like.

Do not be surprised if Subway comes back into the picture. Putting Dominos and Subway together just might be a ticket for a common marketing target approach.

So RPM need to find $12 million lying around somewhere to fill the massive hole in their budget...and even if Smithfield were thinking about cutting spending by as much as half next year, according to Adam Stern, that's still at least $6 million RPM won't have next year. Not looking good.

http://www.smithfieldfoods.com/news...eld-foods-to-join-stewart-haas-racing-in-2018

The interesting part of their announcement is this:

"The new driver who will be added to SHR's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series lineup in 2018 will be named at a later date."

Who is the NEW driver?????????????? I'm thinking Matt found a new place to race.

There were some reports a week or two back that Gene Haas and Matt Kenseth have had discussions recently .. would love to see something work out where Matt could race a few more years for a competitive team.

http://www.smithfieldfoods.com/news...eld-foods-to-join-stewart-haas-racing-in-2018

The interesting part of their announcement is this:

"The new driver who will be added to SHR's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series lineup in 2018 will be named at a later date."

Who is the NEW driver?????????????? I'm thinking Matt found a new place to race.
Who's to say Aric wont go with Smithfield? I have no insider information just speculating. Wonder where Aric goes next year if it does indeed happen to be Matt going to SHR ( which would be excellent by the way. Still hoping Kasey ends up in the 27 at RCR)

Paging @Allenbaba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I just said in the other thread, I have no clue who it might be. Very tight lipped there. If I had to guess the SHR lineup for next year, I would feel pretty good about Kevin, Clint and Kurt (unless Kurt wants to leave for another offer). Then, I would rank the other driver in order of least surprising to most surprising as Aric then Matt then Danica. But I can't rule out any of them yet.

As I just said in the other thread, I have no clue who it might be. Very tight lipped there. If I had to guess the SHR lineup for next year, I would feel pretty good about Kevin, Clint and Kurt (unless Kurt wants to leave for another offer). Then, I would rank the other driver in order of least surprising to most surprising as Aric then Matt then Danica. But I can't rule out any of them yet.
Have you heard anything RCR having an interest to fill the 27 with Kahne?

Back
Top Bottom