SILLY SEASON 2018

The DC Solar sponsorship “belongs” to a sports marketing company that has a relationship with CGR (and others). The CEO of DC Solar likes Poole a lot - they now have a personal relationship. There was no previous relationship.

The (and others) makes it seem as if they'll go with Poole. Wouldn't be shocked but Larson would be hard to pass up I imagine. Especially if he's needing sponsorship.

I think Triad would be my guess for engines, and hit and miss for the rest of it
You were looking for Triad Racing Technologies, they are the engine builder for all the none TRD backed teams.

But yes, you have point though.
I had had in my mind that they were Triad still but I think that thing with them not getting on track last Friday mentioned a different provider.

I had had in my mind that they were Triad still but I think that thing with them not getting on track last Friday mentioned a different provider.
They could very well being using a different engine builder , looking at Jayski, he has Race Engine's Plus listed for the #26 entry and ??? for the 23/83, so maybe their engines come from REP, dunno.

From the BK website= "Engine Development: BK Engines "

Last edited:
Hmm, I really dont like having CRS, I am pretty sure I read that in one the articles that was posted in the BK thread

I'm guessing we'll see more 37-38 car fields at pretty much 2/3rds of the season next year. I'll be shocked if the 23 and 83 show up after Homestead.

Maybe Premium Motorsports/Jay Robinson can get the BK charter for all the ride buyers to run in and Derrike Cope will run his part time car with leftover BK equipment next year.

I'm sure many here were concerned about this, but worry no more :D

Angela Ruch (Cope) will expand her Xfinity schedule to 10-15 races next year for BJ McLeod Motorsports.

Hey @DanicaFreak i read on rubbins racin that danica might go to jtg

This doesn't make sense unless Allmendinger has plans to go elsewhere. Buescher just signed a new contract and I don't see them expanding to a third car. The 37 was new last year....would they really add yet another new team in back to back seasons? I don't see it.

This doesn't make sense unless Allmendinger has plans to go elsewhere. Buescher just signed a new contract and I don't see them expanding to a third car. The 37 was new last year....would they really add yet another new team in back to back seasons? I don't see it.
I think that it just a clickbait article to be honest, AJ is signed through 2020 and Buescher is signed through 2019, there is no way DP ends up there next unless they start a third team, and there has been zero talk of that so far.

Seen on another forum talk of RFR and just had to ask... why the backtrack by Newmark from being certain of two cars in Cup and Reed in xfinity to now saying its fluid and that things can crop up at the last minute? They've got the charter coming back to them and while other teams are in the silly season chatter, they seemed to be settled and ready to go for next year yet haven't "officially" announced their lineup.

Also seen people mention that an wonder if Danica could come to RFR with Billy Scott (as others on other pages have said, he didn't seem to know his plans for next year yet when asked in interviews) and bring SHR Ford notes. Billy's worked with Brian Pattie in the past. Danica may not be a top notch driver but Tony speaks incredibly highly of her ability to download details of her car and with that, notes from SHR, plus Billy, that could be a huge asset to the team even for just a year or so.

Seen on another forum talk of RFR and just had to ask... why the backtrack by Newmark from being certain of two cars in Cup and Reed in xfinity to now saying its fluid and that things can crop up at the last minute? They've got the charter coming back to them and while other teams are in the silly season chatter, they seemed to be settled and ready to go for next year yet haven't "officially" announced their lineup.

Also seen people mention that an wonder if Danica could come to RFR with Billy Scott (as others on other pages have said, he didn't seem to know his plans for next year yet when asked in interviews) and bring SHR Ford notes. Billy's worked with Brian Pattie in the past. Danica may not be a top notch driver but Tony speaks incredibly highly of her ability to download details of her car and with that, notes from SHR, plus Billy, that could be a huge asset to the team even for just a year or so.

I always got the impression her and Billy didn't get along all that well.

I always got the impression her and Billy didn't get along all that well.
I disagree. They seem good on the radio and he seems much more invested in her than the organization as a whole. I'd like to see her, Billy and her spotter stay together if she moves to cut back on having to restart the communication process.

I don't recall DP going out and dominating any Nascar race or portion of a race but did it ever happen in open wheel? I know she won an open wheel race due to fuel mileage or weather but were there races where she led a lot of laps or likely would have won had she not had mechanical problems or accident damage?

I disagree. They seem good on the radio and he seems much more invested in her than the organization as a whole. I'd like to see her, Billy and her spotter stay together if she moves to cut back on having to restart the communication process.

I'll take your word for it. It just seems like she is always unhappy with the "team" and maybe I extrapolated that to mean the crew chief.

I don't recall DP going out and dominating any Nascar race or portion of a race but did it ever happen in open wheel? I know she won an open wheel race due to fuel mileage or weather but were there races where she led a lot of laps or likely would have won had she not had mechanical problems or accident damage?
she freaking almost won the 500 :rolleyes:

TOTALLY this,. Brandon too!

"back it down slooooooooooooooooooooow"

read up on her before making comments

If I knew directions to a place and someone asked me how to get there I would tell them as opposed to exhorting them to read up on it before asking but that is just me. If you don't know or would rather not say that is fine with me but hopefully someone that does know about the time she just about won the 500 will come by and illuminate me. If not I will still die a happy man.

No offense but if you're speaking of 2013, she led 5 laps and none of them near the end.

She came about as close as Yeley and McDowell did.

I have not followed open wheel since the split so I have no knowledge of DP's successes in that series so I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Do you recall races where she was thought to be a threat to win or led a ton of laps only to have misfortune or things of that nature? @DanicaFreak wants me to go back and read summaries of each open wheel race she participated in and I won't waste my time on it but if someone knows from experience and can tell me that would be great.

I have not followed open wheel since the split so I have no knowledge of DP's successes in that series so I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Do you recall races where she was thought to be a threat to win or led a ton of laps only to have misfortune or things of that nature? @DanicaFreak wants me to go back and read summaries of each open wheel race she participated in and I won't waste my time on it but if someone knows from experience and can tell me that would be great.

A mistake on my part as I though the reference was to the Daytona 500. :oops:

A mistake on my part as I though the reference was to the Daytona 500. :oops:

No problem at all as it would be easy to mix up. Maybe some open wheel fan will come along and give us the story about the year DP almost won the Indy 500. However if it doesn't happen I won't need to be talked off a ledge.

No offense but if you're speaking of 2013, she led 5 laps and none of them near the end.

She came about as close as Yeley and McDowell did.
If she didnt go full save mode she WINS that race

Stupid her, listened to her CC

No problem at all as it would be easy to mix up. Maybe some open wheel fan will come along and give us the story about the year DP almost won the Indy 500. However if it doesn't happen I won't need to be talked off a ledge.
"Patrick led 19 laps in her first Indianapolis 500 but would lead only 10 more after that. She didn't lead any when she finished third in 2009, the highest finish of a female in race history. She led 10 in the 2011 race, where she finished 10th."
"It was always a race that I did really well," said Patrick, who had six top-10s in her seven-race Indianapolis 500 stretch from 2005 to 2011."
"she does wish she had used more of the gas that was left in her car as she saved fuel in that 2005 Indianapolis 500, won by Dan Wheldon,"
https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/danica-patrick-fond-indy-500-experience-ready-make/story?id=40132061

Back
Top Bottom