SILLY SEASON 2018

Probably should find what her competitors said when they came in for fuel at Japan allowing a much slower car all day (Danica's) to win the race. This stuff tends to even out when you are running up front. If you aren't doing that, it becomes a whole bunch of "if onlys" I have found

Reading this stuff is literally like living in The Truman Show or some kind of revolving door of life seriously how many times can you beat a dead horse talking about Danica blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah guys say the same things all the time who gives a damn

Pretty plain as day for me. Kenseth is going to smell the roses. Laying an 8 mil price tag on returning it has been reported if that is true. And nothing publicly being reported that he has been actively looking for another ride. He doesn't look poised to do a Bobby Labonte either IMO

At 8 million a year (if true), the only way Kenseth is racing next year is if Johnson or Harvick suddenly announce their retirement.

"Patrick led 19 laps in her first Indianapolis 500 but would lead only 10 more after that. She didn't lead any when she finished third in 2009, the highest finish of a female in race history. She led 10 in the 2011 race, where she finished 10th."
"It was always a race that I did really well," said Patrick, who had six top-10s in her seven-race Indianapolis 500 stretch from 2005 to 2011."
"she does wish she had used more of the gas that was left in her car as she saved fuel in that 2005 Indianapolis 500, won by Dan Wheldon,"
https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/danica-patrick-fond-indy-500-experience-ready-make/story?id=40132061

Thanks for the info. In reality it sounds more like she never actually came close to winning the Indy 500 but may have done better (or worse) had she used another strategy.

If ifs were fifths we'd all be drunk

And Scott Riggs and Hut Stricklin each would have had a few cup wins apiece.

Reading this stuff is literally like living in The Truman Show or some kind of revolving door of life seriously how many times can you beat a dead horse talking about Danica blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah guys say the same things all the time who gives a damn

I thought I would just get some info on her open wheel career but your point is well taken. Being a fan of Danica or anyone else is cool until it causes breaks with reality as major steps back are required at that point, IMO.

The woman finished 4th at Indianapolis.

A lot of capable racecar drivers have never done that.

That is certainly commendable but I was looking for the year she almost won it and it turns out it never happened but that is ok too.

The woman finished 4th at Indianapolis.

A lot of capable racecar drivers have never done that.
That is certainly commendable but I was looking for the year she almost won it and it turns out it never happened but that is ok too.
If you're leading the Indianapolis 500 with 7 laps to go you came close. Sometimes that's all you can do.

Doing some research is beyond some people.

After I got finished with some things this afternoon I looked up the info on the race in question and the report I read said she was trying to make one less stop than the other cars so in other words she was trying for a fuel mileage win which is a great strategy if you can make it pay off like Austin Dillon did earlier this year. Apparently she did not have enough fuel to make it under full throttle and had to back way off like we see many drivers in fuel conservation mode do. Because she had to back off she got passed by other cars and didn't win the race and didn't almost win the race at least according to a Google search. If it makes you feel better to think she almost won the Indy 500 or any other race that is fine with me but I do think you do yourself and others a disservice by speaking publicly about it. Just a reminder that we are certainly entitled to our own opinion but we are not entitled to our own set of facts no matter how much we would like to at times.

After I got finished with some things this afternoon I looked up the info on the race in question and the report I read said she was trying to make one less stop than the other cars so in other words she was trying for a fuel mileage win which is a great strategy if you can make it pay off like Austin Dillon did earlier this year. Apparently she did not have enough fuel to make it under full throttle and had to back way off like we see many drivers in fuel conservation mode do. Because she had to back off she got passed by other cars and didn't win the race and didn't almost win the race at least according to a Google search. If it makes you feel better to think she almost won the Indy 500 or any other race that is fine with me but I do think you do yourself and others a disservice by speaking publicly about it. Just a reminder that we are certainly entitled to our own opinion but we are not entitled to our own set of facts no matter how much we would like to at times.
I'll speak publicly about whatever I want

True.

It's not unusual for someone who knows what he or she is looking at to see it differently than someone who doesn't.

I agree as no rational person would think that "DP almost won the 2005 Indy 500" as she could not have won had she pitted for fuel and could not have won by remaining on track as she did not have enough fuel to run at top speed in order to give her a chance to win. None of the reports ever referred to her as having a chance to win but they did talk about her stalling her car in the pits and costing her a lot of positions. Surely you don't think she almost won the race are you?

I agree as no rational person would think that "DP almost won the 2005 Indy 500" as she could not have won had she pitted for fuel and could not have won by remaining on track as she did not have enough fuel to run at top speed in order to give her a chance to win. None of the reports ever referred to her as having a chance to win but they did talk about her stalling her car in the pits and costing her a lot of positions. Surely you don't think she almost won the race are you?
Im not the only one who thinks she almost won

http://blog.sfgate.com/abraham/2010/05/30/danica-patrick-the-indy-500-driver-almost-wins-indy-500/

opinions are are like something else. everyones got one

No problem at all as it would be easy to mix up. Maybe some open wheel fan will come along and give us the story about the year DP almost won the Indy 500. However if it doesn't happen I won't need to be talked off a ledge.
She was somewhere still on the lead lap, just inside the Top 10 (7th or 8th I think) when she got caught up in something on a restart. I think they had to change the nosecone or at least take tires so she wound up pitting at the far end of the window. There was another yellow several laps later and she inherited the lead while the leaders pitted but she had to run a low fuel mix to make it to the finish.

She was somewhere still on the lead lap, just inside the Top 10 (7th or 8th I think) when she got caught up in something on a restart. I think they had to change the nosecone or at least take tires so she wound up pitting at the far end of the window. There was another yellow several laps later and she inherited the lead while the leaders pitted but she had to run a low fuel mix to make it to the finish.
she has said afterward thgey weighed the tank she could have went full bore

I like what @mskid90 has said. ricky and her at RFR. the media would love it and that team can still win!

Her ability doesn't matter. Sponsorship determines your ride. Matt,Kurt and Danica all need a sponsor willing to pay enough for their driver demands. Some 30th place drivers have a ride because they are affordable.

I like what @mskid90 has said. ricky and her at RFR. the media would love it and that team can still win!

I don't look at it as a media blitz, I think Danica's said multiple times that it's not about the cars, it's about the people around her. She's had good cars and she says that, but she continues to point out needing people around you who believe in you. I think having a teammate that is the person she probably trusts more than anyone in the world outside of her family would be big for her. I think it'd also help him. They've been talking racing since they became friends. She knows how he likes his cars, he knows how she likes her cars. They've never been able to discuss specific setups and I think being able to share that info would be really helpful for both.

Her ability doesn't matter. Sponsorship determines your ride. Matt,Kurt and Danica all need a sponsor willing to pay enough for their driver demands. Some 30th place drivers have a ride because they are affordable.
I think Kurt's case is a little different, Monster is taking their time on renewing both sponsorship for SHR and for the Cup Series , so what I understands its not so much what Kurt wants to be paid.

It would be interesting to know if the 78 would have full sponsorship if Barney didn't do the Gene Haas thing?

The way I read the article said that Bass Pro is paying for 16 total races and 5-hour is paying for 14 total races. Instead of having 16 full Bass Pro cars and 14 full 5-hour cars, they are doing the split car thing and having these combined schemes for all 30 races.

Just seen on reddit that Lee Spencer withdrew everything about Poole during her Monday sirius interview and said he doesn't have the sponsorship for a Cup ride (she had said he'd be going to the 27, now says thats not the case)

One team not taking part in this years sillyseanson madness is Circle Spo
The way I read the article said that Bass Pro is paying for 16 total races and 5-hour is paying for 14 total races. Instead of having 16 full Bass Pro cars and 14 full 5-hour cars, they are doing the split car thing and having these combined schemes for all 30 races.
Saves money on wrapping/painting the cars during the year

Back
Top Bottom