SILLY SEASON 2018

Dang. What's with the notable personnel leaving Hendrick? I wonder if it's something related to that particular team, or the state of NASCAR as a whole.... then again it could be nothing. People leave jobs for various reasons everywhere.

Nascar's teams are just in the beginning phase of figuring out how to make do with less. Things should turn out OK but may be a bumpy ride until things settle in.

I think we have seen the end of big driver contracts as well. Sponsors just don't need to pay 5-6 million a year on top of the cost of the cars and profit.
I also think Rick is tired of the game and all the rules Nascar keeps coming up with. To top it off Nascar supplies many of the parts and I doubt they are free.

I think we have seen the end of big driver contracts as well. Sponsors just don't need to pay 5-6 million a year on top of the cost of the cars and profit.
I also think Rick is tired of the game and all the rules Nascar keeps coming up with. To top it off Nascar supplies many of the parts and I doubt they are free.
Nascar supplying parts? News to me. A restrictor plate I guess :D

let's hear it, it's news to me :)
I repeated that because of what I heard during broadcasts. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ask the proper question that the net will answer. Not even restriction plates. I will keep trying because for once I would like to be correct. :)

I agree that the driver's salaries are going to take a huge haircut as the money to pay them won't be available. Payroll is a huge expense so I expect that there will be several rounds of layoffs and terminations as reality sinks into team management.

If Kahne is signed for one more year, and Hendrick wants to contract to 3 teams with JR. leaving, why just not dump the 88 number for a year?

PS- Bucky just might have to give up his private jet.

All of the drivers are going to have to take a haircut.

I repeated that because of what I heard during broadcasts. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ask the proper question that the net will answer. Not even restriction plates. I will keep trying because for once I would like to be correct. :)

I think they make the teams pay out the nose for certain things, the love to find loose lug nuts.:D

IDK who the parts suppliers are but unless something has changed a lot of the teams are running the same stuff regardless of manufacturer.

Gaulding who used to have Krispy Cream for a sponsor is down the road. I wonder if Lajoie is gone also
enter Ryan Sieg been around for a while, moving up from the Xfinity series. If nothing else he knows how to race on a budget.
Sieg gets a new crew chief

BK Racing announces crew chief change
BK Racing announced Wednesday that Randy Cox will move from being the crew chief on the No. 83 team to the same role with the No. 23 team.
Ryan Sieg will drive the No. 23 Toyota this weekend in place of Gray Gaulding.

I find it extremely difficult to imagine Brad leaving Penske, whether Miller stays on board or not.
Me too. But executing signed contracts (and a public announcement) would probably require the new sponsorship to be finalized as well. It's not a "done deal" until everything is signed. And the same is true of Jimmie Johnson's extension with HMS and Lowes.

Hope it's kez resigning and along with that we hear miller is staying with the #2 longer... that's the part I want to hear.

If Kahne is signed for one more year, and Hendrick wants to contract to 3 teams with JR. leaving, why just not dump the 88 number for a year?
There's a lot of inventory to sell on the #5 car and it was reported a few weeks ago that HMS are making good progress on re-signing Nationwide to the #88 team. It makes more sense to dump the #5 team, unless Nationwide suddenly showed an interest in Kahne.

Hope it's kez resigning and along with that we hear miller is staying with the #2 longer... that's the part I want to hear.

I sure hope so too. There's a sweet miller lite hat sitting in the NASCAR HOF shop that I'd like to pick up while I'm down here but I'm not going to spend $30 on a sponsor that is leaving.

Sponsor's contracts?

Nationwide is the "anchor-sponsor" for the 88 and their contract expires this year. Axalta's deal goes through next year (2018) but often in teams with high-profile drivers like Dale, the sponsorship agreements have options that let the sponsor out (if they want) should the full-time driver be someone different.

But certainly the 88 team is at a crossroads at the end of this year with Dale out and no primary sponsor contract.

Nationwide is the "anchor-sponsor" for the 88 and their contract expires this year. Axalta's deal goes through next year (2018) but often in teams with high-profile drivers like Dale, the sponsorship agreements have options that let the sponsor out (if they want) should the full-time driver be someone different.

But certainly the 88 team is at a crossroads at the end of this year with Dale out and no primary sponsor contract.

Maybe nationwide is leaving for the 2 ;)

Interesting Lowes didn't re-up till 2020 themselves. Maybe they will just do one year deals?

Maybe so. Could be a sign of how several sponsors are viewing the current state of NASCAR. The teams just need to cut cost. Sponsors are already not getting the bang for their current buck with the low audiences at many events lately.

I would like to see the owners forced into really cutting costs which they could do very easily. All it takes is signed agreements by the big teams not to do certain things and if you get caught you miss 5 races.

Back
Top Bottom