SILLY SEASON 2018

The sky is certainly falling. Don't forget to remind us tomorrow

Your post is akin to fans of a certain driver that get upset and call you a hater if you disagree with them and I don't think you want to be like that. I never said the sky was falling or even intimated that it was. What I did say was "sponsors coming and going" was misleading and gave a number that was being paid to sponsor the 31 car. I also asked if there was a sport that is facing the same challenges as Nascar.

Good find, SOI, thanks for posting that. You are right that sponsors come and sponsors go. The trends in motor racing could be better, but could be a lot worse as well. Same is true in other sports too... McDonald"s pulling out of Olympic sponsorship after 41 years, etc, etc.

Interesting that Marlboro remains so committed to Ferrari (F1) and Ducati (MotoGP). Their logos were banned many years ago, but they remain the lead sponsor for both teams.
Yeah I thought that was strange about Marlboro too. My sister who was overseas recently says Marboro's are dirt cheap over there. Overall almost all sports (even stick n ball) are in a downturn. Funny how it took 41 million for Haas to begin to start squawking :D most of these dudes are mega rich and the big backers as it shows in the advertising statistics are the automobile companies and the related secondary and tertiary (autoparts, autocare etc.) organizations. The big two in Nascar specifically ISC and Speedway motorsports combined made almost 70 million dollars profit between them last year and paid dividends to their stock holders.

I looked up this quarter earnings for ISC They are up compared to last years figures also

Net income for the first quarter was approximately $21.3 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, compared to approximately $19.8 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, in the prior year period. I don't know if F-1's financials are public.

http://www.internationalspeedwaycor...lts-for-The-First-Quarter-of-Fiscal-2017.aspx

Your post is akin to fans of a certain driver that get upset and call you a hater if you disagree with them and I don't think you want to be like that. I never said the sky was falling or even intimated that it was. What I did say was "sponsors coming and going" was misleading and gave a number that was being paid to sponsor the 31 car. I also asked if there was a sport that is facing the same challenges as Nascar.
Another poster gave an example of sponsors coming into the sport and you come back with how much they are paying. That had nothing to do with what he posted. What sponsors pay has fluctuated greatly over the years. Everyone knows that. Everyone knows it's on a downturn. It doesn't change the fact plenty of new sponsors are coming in.

Another poster gave an example of sponsors coming into the sport and you come back with how much they are paying. That had nothing to do with what he posted. What sponsors pay has fluctuated greatly over the years. Everyone knows that. Everyone knows it's on a downturn. It doesn't change the fact plenty of new sponsors are coming in.

It sounds like everything is great and that the new sponsors will more than make up for any that have left both in number and monetarily. Someone needs to tell Gene Haas and Rick Hendrick ASAP!

Was he pushed out or did RCR offer him a Xfinity ride which is a step above trucks I believe.

he was the best driver Kez had, Hemeric and Reddick. Hemeric is 4th in Xfinity points compared to Reddick who is 21st, Reddick needed to go, was really surprised when Ganassi picked him up to run xfinity. I don't think Kez ran him off, I think Hemerick thinks he is good enough to make a dead end move to Xfinity and be able to get a cup ride from somewhere other than Childress when the time comes. He is doing a heck of a job in Xfinity, not only beating Paw Paw boys pretty regularly but 4th in points his rookie year driving Childress stuff.

he was the best driver Kez had, Hemeric and Reddick. Hemeric is 4th in Xfinity points compared to Reddick who is 21st, Reddick needed to go, was really surprised when Ganassi picked him up to run xfinity. I don't think Kez ran him off, I think Hemerick thinks he is good enough to make a dead end move to Xfinity and be able to get a cup ride from somewhere other than Childress when the time comes. He is doing a heck of a job in Xfinity, not only beating Paw Paw boys pretty regularly but 4th in points his rookie year driving Childress stuff.

Hemric is doing great. But Reddick is only part time so you can't hold 21st in points against him.

Yeah not sure exactly. But I know they wanted Cindric at BKR
Cendric's dad is president of Team Penske..might have something to do with it.
Briscoe is/was a Ford developmental driver so he had a leg into Penske. So we might have figured it out why Hemeric and Reddick had to hit the road.

Cendric's dad is president of Team Penske..might have something to do with it.
Briscoe is/was a Ford developmental driver so he had a leg into Penske. So we might have figured it out why Hemeric and Reddick had to hit the road.

Briscoe is a FORD development driver, but I don't think he his 100% a Penske guy. I could actually see him end up with SHR or Roush in Xfinity.

Yes apparently someone on reddit blah blah said they know who the driver is and they are a current full time cup driver.
Hmm ties to Hendrick...Kasey perhaps?

Gallagher is already running Hendrick engines in his trucks and Xfinity cars.
Well they aren't going to succeed in cup with Spencer driving a single car team.

Well they aren't going to succeed in cup with Spencer driving a single car team.

I would not be surprised if it was Kasey.

Most likely candidates in this order in my opinion....

Kahne
Mcmurray
Almirola
Cassill
Bowman

Wildcard patrick

Reddick is not running full time is he? I thought he replaces the regular driver Larson. How can he accumulate points?
I just wanted to know why Hemeric left BK trucks team.

I thought Reddick was pretty awful. Every race I watched that dude was missing shifts, stalling it leaving the pit box, messing up restarts, or making boneheaded mistakes on the track. Not surprised BKR let him go.

Hemric is from Kannapolis. Leaving any truck team to go to RCR Xfinty team would be a no brainer.

I'm also curious if the rumors about Dodge coming back are still floating around. I remember @Allenbaba mentioning that they had met with RCR, and I've heard Ganassi from a source that works in the industry as well. Clearly this wouldn't be for 2018, but perhaps a 2019 return.

Here are two good articles reviewing the wide range of silly season rumors and unanswered questions, both from top Nascar journalists. I place no credence in rumors sourced from anonymous social media... twitter, message boards, etc. There are dozens of unknown people claiming to have inside info, and my experience is most are bogus. We are fortunate to have Allenbaba, who has well proven credibility and garage connections. Jenna Fryer and Nate Ryan are also well connected and top professionals.

One interesting observation: Neither Jenna nor Nate mention or even hint that Keselowski's protracted waiting game may possibly originate from Miller Brewing cutting its financial support. They both seem to assume Miller remains with Penske. Either they know something (which I hope) or they are not thinking enough. Time will tell.

Jenna Fryer, AP

Nate Ryan, NBC

Larson is great where he's at but team owners will throw everything they have his way to entice him...

I'm also curious if the rumors about Dodge coming back are still floating around. I remember @Allenbaba mentioning that they had met with RCR, and I've heard Ganassi from a source that works in the industry as well. Clearly this wouldn't be for 2018, but perhaps a 2019 return.
RCR & Dodge have been in R&D together for a while. Not sure what if anything will happen. Haven't heard anything about Ganassi (which doesn't make it false, just means I haven't heard about it).

Would love to see RCR bring dodge into the sport. Especially since Chevy is looking like it's becoming a one headed monster behind Hendrick.

Larson is not going to SHR. SHR will be lucky to even have 3 cars next season. I put the odds of them having 4 cars at 2%. Odds of 3 cars at 70% (will happen if Monster stays). They need a big dollar sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom