SILLY SEASON 2018

I think Bowman is going to be a solid driver, he may not set the world on fire. He's a good racer on Sunday though, I was impressed to his pace and heck in his few races in the 88 and winning that Xfinity race after not racing all year was impressive.

And he would've won the fall race at Phoenix if Cryle didn't dump him

• So ... they’ll get busy with a manufacturer switch for a fleet of cars as soon as they find a shop?

No problem. A full 4 months till Daytona.

That is a good point but I do think it's realistic if they become part of the RCR family

I wish it was around 30 years ago and Andy Petree was still with Leo Jackson and Harry Gant. Those were fun times for me and many others.

Just to clarify and try and stave off a shyte storm I did not say Nascar was better, the racing was better, the water tasted better or the beer was colder back then. I said "Those were fun times for me and many others."

In other news somebody on rubbins Racin is really adamant that aric almirola is not going to Stewart-Haas next year or at least not in the 10.... so that means they are either doing a number change a drivers swap with numbers or somebody else is going to Stewart-Haas. one can only hope Matt Kenseth

In other news somebody on rubbins Racin is really adamant that aric almirola is not going to Stewart-Haas next year or at least not in the 10.... so that means they are either doing a number change a drivers swap with numbers or somebody else is going to Stewart-Haas. one can only hope Matt Kenseth

I go to RuRa and it seems odd that Haas would go down to 3 cars and maybe Smithfield is going to the 14/41 cars but I'm not sure on that rumor.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the 3rd RCR car essentially be the 43.

At the VERY least, RPM could buy Menard's old cars and do an ECR engine lease. That would get them up to speed in a Chevy pretty quickly, so to speak. . Of course somebody would have to re-body them all, but RCR might have some guys with nothing else to do this winter...

At the VERY least, RPM could buy Menard's old cars and do an ECR engine lease. That would get them up to speed in a Chevy pretty quickly, so to speak. . Of course somebody would have to re-body them all, but RCR might have some guys with nothing else to do this winter...
My hunch is the 27 becomes the 43 as a in house satellite team.

I wish it was around 30 years ago and Andy Petree was still with Leo Jackson and Harry Gant. Those were fun times for me and many others.

Just to clarify and try and stave off a shyte storm I did not say Nascar was better, the racing was better, the water tasted better or the beer was colder back then. I said "Those were fun times for me and many others."

Rarara bashing bashing rarara them there are fighting words haha.....poor bandit has been hammered on so many times he has to clarify a simple statement. I feel your pain brother haha.

Rarara bashing bashing rarara them there are fighting words haha.....poor bandit has been hammered on so many times he has to clarify a simple statement. I feel your pain brother haha.

I thought I would be proactive and save myself the trouble of having a half dozen posts telling me that the racing has never been better than today and how awful things used to be. I just didn't feel like having to refute something I didn't say tonight as all I meant was I has a great time when Andy Petree, Leo Jackson and Harry Gant were all together.

dog-humor-funny-where-the-bullies-are.jpg

No doubt, Bubba is gonna tear some cars up, but I believe on average he will consistently finish higher than Aric did making SF look dumb for leaving. The 3rd or 4th car at SHR is a lateral move for them they just don't realize that yet.

Petty said in the video he wants to go from a twentieth place car to a 15th place car. I haven't heard a thing about where Almirola is going or if he is going anywhere.

huh?

SHR has not said which driver Smithfield will sponsor, but there has been garage speculation that Almirola, who has raced six years for the Petty team, will move to SHR.

“I am not going to comment on 2018,” Almirola said. “I am here to comment on finding out I am not going to be driving the 43 car.”

I feel that if Almirola was going to be the driver of the 10, it would've already been announced. We all know that seat is open and we all know he's not driving the 43, why has it taken this long for an announcement?

I feel that if Almirola was going to be the driver of the 10, it would've already been announced. We all know that seat is open and we all know he's not driving the 43, why has it taken this long for an announcement?

Probably because the 10 won't be around next year.

IDK what is happening with SHR other than I believe the 4 and 14 are good to go, the 41 team currently does not have a driver or much sponsorship other than what Gene provides and the 10 has no driver or sponsor.

IDK how many races Smithfield is in for and if that sponsorship will go to the 14 or 41 as they both have beaucoup inventory available or if it will go to the 10 that has no sponsors for next year as far as I know. In either case if Gene wants to run 4 cars in 2018 it seems like Haas CNC will be on the hook a whole bunch of them.

I can't find anything other than 2018 is an option year for Kurt in the 41. Has there been any public announcement
that he is, or is not, returning to the 41?
Maybe I just missed it? Which is quite possible.

I read somewhere that Monster intends to re-sign him but for how long and for how much was not mentioned so it is hard to know if it will happen.

I can't find anything other than 2018 is an option year for Kurt in the 41. Has there been any public announcement
that he is, or is not, returning to the 41?
Maybe I just missed it? Which is quite possible.
SHR declined to pick up his option ,Talks continue on resigning him . Don't forget Gene Haas is spending a very large fortune in F1

SHR declined to pick up his option ,Talks continue on resigning him . Don't forget Gene Haas is spending a very large fortune in F1
They declined to pick it up because of Monster, SHR is in a holding pattern with the 41 team, just as NASCAR is on if Monster is going to pick up the option to continue their title sponsorship, SHR wants to keep Kurt.

Dated Sep 28, 2017
Monster Energy
has requested more time from NASCAR to decide whether it wants to renew its title sponsorship of the sanctioning body’s premier series, according to industry executives briefed on the matter.

Sources have said that Monster was contractually obligated to let NASCAR know by this December whether it would pick up the option. However, high-level NASCAR executives met at Monster headquarters in late summer, sources said, and the company asked for an extension. It was unclear at press time whether the extension was granted and how much more time was given if so.

Corona, California-based Monster (NASDAQ: MNST) signed with NASCAR in December to be title sponsor of the series in 2017 and 2018 in a deal worth around $20 million annually. The term was for two years with a two-year option to renew for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.Both NASCAR and Monster Energy’s vice president of sports marketing, Mitch Covington, declined to comment.

The title sponsorship renewal talks come as Monster also faces decisions on team renewals, with contracts with NASCAR’s Stewart-Haas Racing and the NHRA’s John Force Racing expiring after this year. Between Monster’s NASCAR series naming-rights fee, activation and the two team deals, the company likely will spend in the mid-eight figures this year.

Some industry observers have expressed skepticism that the teams will land renewals. But Stewart-Haas Racing executives have expressed confidence that they will earn a renewal from Monster, while Steven Cole, vice president of sales for John Force Racing, said in late August that he was working on a one-year renewal for 2018.

Steve Phelps, NASCAR’s executive vice president and chief global sales and marketing officer, has expressed confidence in Monster remaining as title sponsor of the series at different times this season. He said in July that data and anecdotal evidence showed that NASCAR fans had quickly developed an affinity with the brand, with spiking brand awareness and TV visibility metrics as evidence. Monster has also struck business-to-business deals with the likes of Kroger by leveraging series naming-rights assets.
“There’s still some things we’re learning about each other that we’ll continue to get better and better at, but overall I think it’s working for them quite well,” Phelps said at the time. “[It’s working] at retail, from a fan perspective and from an awareness and visibility standpoint, it’s working as well.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2017/09/28/monster-energy-nascar-sponsorship.html

Back
Top Bottom