SILLY SEASON 2018

See I don't get this. A couple years ago at Sears Point, she took time to take a pic with my friend's son and signed his hat as well while she was working. She was totally cool and at the same time being hounded by creepy dudes begging for an autograph. I can't blame any driver who sometimes has to blow off fans to concentrate on the job at hand.I'm guessing if she was so awful at being fan friendly she wouldn't be one of the most popular drivers. Also, I think people forget all the promotion work they do to satisfy sponsors and fans while having to concentrate on driving a car 200 mph is far from easy.

You would think that as popular as DP is said to be that she could get enough sponsorship together to secure a ride next year. What do you think the issue is?

I'm kind of disappointed that it's Almirola. I was hoping for Matt Kenseth or somebody who could actually compete for wins in the #10 car.
Aric has proven capable of securing top 10s and the occasional top 5, which is far and above what Danca has done. I think they were looking for a safe performer and they found him.

Aric has proven capable of securing top 10s and the occasional top 5, which is far and above what Danca has done. I think they were looking for a safe performer and they found him.

I agree. Aric will bring the car home in one piece and will be an improvement over Danica.

Could be a reduced effort. At the very least they won't have the same starpower with the increased limitations on Cup drivers next year, so less value for Discount Tire at that level. Good to see them finally move up.

This puts together some of the penske puzzle but what about the other 26 races for the 12 car whats happening there??? Maybe alliance truck parts are moving over there? Maybe Miller in some capacity? SKF? Man seems weird they have not said anything.

Well, what I predict you'll find out is Aric is still Aric and the 10 is still the 10. Two solid Bs don't make an A. They must have found the right number as part of the RPM settlement to let Aric drive. I have no problem predicting if they both compete in 36 races Bubba will outpoint Aric.

I'm kind of disappointed that it's Almirola. I was hoping for Matt Kenseth or somebody who could actually compete for wins in the #10 car.

Interesting to see journeyman like Bowyer and Almirola get chances to shine in better equipment.

Aric is a sneaky dude when it comes to finishing a race. I think he will fare well against his teammates.

Well, what I predict you'll find out is Aric is still Aric and the 10 is still the 10. Two solid Bs don't make an A. They must have found the right number as part of the RPM settlement to let Aric drive. I have no problem predicting if they both compete in 36 races Bubba will outpoint Aric.

I'll take that bet i predict bubba to finish about 25th to 28th in points arround the other RCR cars.

The math isn't close to adding up. Boyer is having a pretty so so season and is 18th. Almirola in a Petty car is 29th. I don't think Bubba can take a single team 29th place car and outpoint a 4 car team with Busch in 15th and Harvick in 4th, Boyer in 18th and even Patrick is in 27th.

Its the worst best keep secret :laugh:

Not sure how we can fairly judge Almirola given RPM is NOT SHR, but I'd much rather see Kenseth, Custer, hell even stealing Bell or another prospect for the 10.

The math isn't close to adding up. Boyer is having a pretty so so season and is 18th. Almirola in a Petty car is 29th. I don't think Bubba can take a single team 29th place car and outpoint a 4 car team with Busch in 15th and Harvick in 4th, Boyer in 18th and even Patrick is in 27th.

Let's not forget Almirola missed 8 races this season. The 43 team is actually 24th in owner points.

The 43 and the 10 is pretty much a lateral move and given that Bubba is much more aggressive driver they will start out "18 heads up even.

Not sure how we can fairly judge Almirola given RPM is NOT SHR, but I'd much rather see Kenseth, Custer, hell even stealing Bell or another prospect for the 10.

Let's not forget Almirola missed 8 races this season. The 43 team is actually 24th in owner points.
yeah I flat forgot about his back injury.:confused:

yeah but before the playoffs started Boyer was right around 10th in points if it wasn't for the fluke wins from Newman Dylan and Kane he would have easily made the playoffs... voice text grrrr

@DanicaFreak If Danica doesn't have a ride next year, will you find another driver? Stenhouse maybe? You seem very invested in Danica, which I don't think is any different than huge Jr fans or Gordon fans, it's just less common with Danica. I'd hate for you to be bitter and stop watching a sport you seem very passionate about.

@DanicaFreak If Danica doesn't have a ride next year, will you find another driver? Stenhouse maybe? You seem very invested in Danica, which I don't think is any different than huge Jr fans or Gordon fans, it's just less common with Danica. I'd hate for you to be bitter and stop watching a sport you seem very passionate about.
yeah Ive pretty much followed her alone, along with Rusty before her. im not thinking about life A. D (after danica) rught biw...

yeah Ive pretty much followed her alone, along with Rusty before her. im not thinking about life A. D (after danica) rught biw...
I'll say this. It hit me hard when Dodge left after 2012. I worked for them then, and work for them now. Ironically it made it harder when they Brad K won the championship. It was nice to finally see it happen but it was this excitement that left me asking "now what?". I find now that I'm a fan of the sport more than any driver or team. I enjoy the stories, strategy, and drama. If/when Dodge comes back, I'll have a new team and driver. But I've been just fine without pulling for one particular person every weekend, and still having fun.

I learned VERY EARLY on, that you always have to have a B driver. In a sport when your favorite might only win a couple times a year (or never) or blow up on lap 2, it's just too frustrating to have all of your eggs in one basket. I always have a number one favorite, but I am always following at least two other drivers that I can enjoy. I'm not sure I would be a forty year plus racing fan without that.

I'm a big Danica fan and I learned around 2012 how "close" she and Ricky were (even before dating officially) and I became supportive of him because she seemed really happy for him. So he became another driver I cheered for ever since. Her celebrating with him in VL is probably the genuinely happiest I've ever seen her on camera so I'm all for some Stenhouse success now.

I learned VERY EARLY on, that you always have to have a B driver. In a sport when your favorite might only win a couple times a year (or never) or blow up on lap 2, it's just too frustrating to have all of your eggs in one basket. I always have a number one favorite, but I am always following at least two other drivers that I can enjoy. I'm not sure I would be a forty year plus racing fan without that.

I agree. I'm a Jones fan first because I believe he has a bright future ahead with Toyota and JGR but I've also been a KDB fan since his days at HMS. My running order goes something like:

Jones > KDB > MTJ > JGR driver > TRD driver

I would of rather had Bubba in the 10 and Amirola stay in the 43. SHR has a major youth problem and Bubba would of helped that, plus Bubba stays in a Ford with his friend Blaney
SHR has cole custer in the wings

I would of rather had Bubba in the 10 and Amirola stay in the 43. SHR has a major youth problem and Bubba would of helped that, plus Bubba stays in a Ford with his friend Blaney
The RPM/Smithfield settlement probably cleared the way for the Aric to drive the 10 if the contract clause did exist.

upload_2017-11-3_12-17-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-3_12-20-54.png
    upload_2017-11-3_12-20-54.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 238

This is not very promising to me for RPM

Seems like a sketchy backmarker sponsor. They’ll probably default on payments halfway through the year and vanish lol. NASCAR has such a rich history of mortgage companies sticking around after all.

Seems like a sketchy backmarker sponsor. They’ll probably default on payments halfway through the year and vanish lol. NASCAR has such a rich history of mortgage companies sticking around after all.

Exactly this is great for all parties if it works out but just doesn't look very promising

Back
Top Bottom