SILLY SEASON 2018

Seems like a sketchy backmarker sponsor. They’ll probably default on payments halfway through the year and vanish lol. NASCAR has such a rich history of mortgage companies sticking around after all.
Exactly this is great for all parties if it works out but just doesn't look very promising
What exactly do y'all know about this company? Anything? I mean, I'll be a pessimist if there are solid reasons to be, like for example with Natures Bakery. But I haven't heard yet why this company is "sketchy" or "not promising."

You would think that as popular as DP is said to be that she could get enough sponsorship together to secure a ride next year. What do you think the issue is?
Just like someone said in this thread or another thread about Austin Dillon being a PR creation, I would contend Danica is more of a PR creation than Dillon. She's a decent driver, but she's no better than Landon Cassil, Travis Kvapil, or any others on the same level. Most people see this, therefore she's having a hard time getting any ride.

What exactly do y'all know about this company? Anything? I mean, I'll be a pessimist if there are solid reasons to be, like for example with Natures Bakery. But I haven't heard yet why this company is "sketchy" or "not promising."

I don't know anything about this company but historically mortgage companies and NASCAR don't mix and I'll tell you why I don't think this will be a successful relationship. As a consumer I base a lot of my purchases off of involvement with Nascar or not for example if I go to Target and they have xyz product or a NASCAR Affiliated product I typically will buy the NASCAR Affiliated product mostly due to their marketing and I want to support the sport. I can't make an impulse purchase on a mortgage like I would on a Domino's Pizza for example. The return on investment has to be extremely low for a mortgage company or anything financially related compared to a traditional sponsor.

I don't know anything about this company but historically mortgage companies and NASCAR don't mix...
The return on investment has to be extremely low for a mortgage company or anything financially related compared to a traditional sponsor.
Mid America Mortgage, DiTech, Quiken, One Main Financial, Credit One Bank, 5/3 Bank, Nationwide, Farmers, Geico, blah, blah, blah. It is a low-key announcement of a new sponsor for three races, and people are wanting to sh!t all over 'em for coming to the Nascar party. I don't get it. What exactly is a "traditional sponsor?"

I don't know anything about this company but historically mortgage companies and NASCAR don't mix and I'll tell you why I don't think this will be a successful relationship. As a consumer I base a lot of my purchases off of involvement with Nascar or not for example if I go to Target and they have xyz product or a NASCAR Affiliated product I typically will buy the NASCAR Affiliated product mostly due to their marketing and I want to support the sport. I can't make an impulse purchase on a mortgage like I would on a Domino's Pizza for example. The return on investment has to be extremely low for a mortgage company or anything financially related compared to a traditional sponsor.
The Late 90's and early 2000's were littered with sponsorships of home builders/mortgage companies/dot.com's . So many I cant think of one right now

Amazing that we have more banking/mortgage companies sponsoring teams in NASCAR than we do beer/motor oil/auto part suppliers. This shows how much the sport's demographic and landscape has changed in the last 25 years or so...

Darrell Wallace Jr. unveils his Daytona 500 paint scheme as part of a three-race sponsorship. While the car is a Ford, team co-owner Richard Petty said the team has not decided on a manufacturer for next season.
Mortgage provider Click n' Close will sponsor Darrell Wallace Jr. in the Daytona 500 and two other races next year. The company also will be an official NASCAR sponsor.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0718197130589642231-4

Darrell Wallace Jr. unveils his Daytona 500 paint scheme as part of a three-race sponsorship. While the car is a Ford, team co-owner Richard Petty said the team has not decided on a manufacturer for next season.
Mortgage provider Click n' Close will sponsor Darrell Wallace Jr. in the Daytona 500 and two other races next year. The company also will be an official NASCAR sponsor.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0718197130589642231-4

It might be 2012 esque with the constant flux in sponsorship for RPM and remember I'm still shocked how they sold every race for Hornish in '15, they did a great job in finding one off deals.

Bubba is going to have a lot of eyes on him, I just hope he lives up to what is expected of him.

It might be 2012 esque with the constant flux in sponsorship for RPM and remember I'm still shocked how they sold every race for Hornish in '15, they did a great job in finding one off deals.

Bubba is going to have a lot of eyes on him, I just hope he lives up to what is expected of him.
From what has been said, click n close was a deal that Nascar put together with Petty for the three races next year. Nascar has a history of stealing sponsors from teams and on the other hand getting sponsorship for teams. :idunno:

Odds are good it won't be Ford or at least the evidence says so. The split from Biagi and earlier this week Carl Long posted on his twitter about buying some cars. Maybe both are circumstantial, maybe not.

While I agree them selling off some cars could be a good sign that a change is coming, but its not uncommon for teams to sell off older chassis to the lower level teams, it happens all the time, I read a piece that said Penske only keeps their chassis for 6 races before they scrap them , so RPM could really just be selling off chassis they deem no longer good for them to be competitive at the level they want. We are at the end of the seasons, teams only need handful of cars at this point, and new ones are always built in the off season, so sell off older chassis and make some cash.

There are rumors of RPM switching manufacturers literally every single offseason. I feel like they must operate on a lot of one year deals and never really line anything up until the last minute.

Sort of like the late 70's where Petty Enterprises went from Plymouth to Dodge to Chevy to Oldsmobile to Buick to Pontiac in less than 10 years.

Sort of like the late 70's where Petty Enterprises went from Plymouth to Dodge to Chevy to Oldsmobile to Buick to Pontiac in less than 10 years.

That's the funny thing about Richard Petty he is synonymous with Chrysler products but nobody else in history has used more manufacturers than him haha

Ford/SHR was announced in February.
February of 2016 for switch in 2017, I remember that.

I guess what's in the back of my mind is that just because there's been no announcement from Petty doesn't mean is hasn't or isn't being planned.

I guess what's in the back of my mind is that just because there's been no announcement from Petty doesn't mean is hasn't or isn't being planned.
Has Team Ricardo found shop space yet? Is his two car garage still the default?

There is no plan ... there is only scrambling.

The tweet that @StandOnIt posted earlier up this page suggests they haven't committed to anything yet and are still evaluating their options. At this point, I think it's probably better to hold off until 2019 to make any kind of switch. Ford and SHR had a year's worth of lead time and still have had some growing pains together this year.

Has Team Ricardo found shop space yet? Is his two car garage still the default?

There is no plan ... there is only scrambling.

I can offer no answers to those questions :)

The tweet that @StandOnIt posted earlier up this page suggests they haven't committed to anything yet and are still evaluating their options. At this point, I think it's probably better to hold off until 2019 to make any kind of switch. Ford and SHR had a year's worth of lead time and still have had some growing pains together this year.

That's the thing I find odd about the whole situation. I'm curious as to why they'd hold out on something that seems so obvious.

Just curious why the hate for all things Richard Petty? You seem to have a burr under your saddle...
I do not hate. I ridicule that which I find ridiculous.

If you have a problem with that ... too bad.

You lose a race to him somewhere many years ago?
No. Elliott, Waltrip and a few others came out several times for 500 laps at Evergreen Speedway. Richard didn’t make that trip.

I have no reason to dislike him and I don’t. I think Mr. Murstein’s team is an embarrassment. Just an opinion

I think it is something like 183 wins in Mopar, 17 in other makes. And remember they left him more than he left them. The ironic thing is win 100 came in the Ford in '69 and 200 in GM.

Back
Top Bottom