SILLY SEASON 2018

I think Stewart is one hell of a business man, he kept everything under wraps, had the press drooling for a story and man did he have one for them. He laid the Almirola story on them below, and while he was at it he threw a tidbit out there saying I might want to race a little next year..any sponsors interested hint hint?

Almirola-Stewart partnership was years in the making

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/145580-almirola-stewart-partnership-was-years-in-the-making

I think Stewart is one hell of a business man, he kept everything under wraps, had the press drooling for a story and man did he have one for them. He laid the Almirola story on them below, and while he was at it he threw a tidbit out there saying I might want to race a little next year..any sponsors interested hint hint?

Almirola-Stewart partnership was years in the making

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/145580-almirola-stewart-partnership-was-years-in-the-making
Now that you lay it out like that.... I got played there's no way hes going to race a stock car again and he was even quick to say "not in 2018" which you're right... hes throwing his name out there just to attract new sponsorships. Tony Stewart has way more common sense than I'll ever be ha ha I was all excited he was going to race selected Xfinity races.

All well and good, but that deal never gets done without the Smithfield money. Tony doesn't think THAT much of his buddy to fund him out of pocket the way Haas has done with Kurt and Clint.

What the sponsor wants the sponsor gets . Harvick will still be the front runner at SHR

Now that you lay it out like that.... I got played there's no way hes going to race a stock car again and he was even quick to say "not in 2018" which you're right... hes throwing his name out there just to attract new sponsorships. Tony Stewart has way more common sense than I'll ever be ha ha I was all excited he was going to race selected Xfinity races.

I think if a sponsor steps up with the cash and wants to see Tony race at a road race it will happen myself. That way he draws in a sponsor who might continue to hang out and sponsor more cars in the future. The guy is a hell of a promoter. Got the trucks racing on dirt at Eldora.

While I wish him well, I'm just not sure about all the Almirola hype. I recall similar predictions when Bowyer went to the 14. o_O Clint's done okay but I'm not sure the results are what some people (including Clint) expected or hoped for.

...After the news conference Stewart reiterated that he would never employ a driver because of sponsorship as he would rather not field a team than give someone a ride just because they could bring sponsorship to SHR.

View attachment 30198

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank you, I got a big laugh out of this. As big a laugh as I got when I heard his original comments!

as much as I hate to ask have they said if DPs CC is going to Amorilas?

as much as I hate to ask have they said if DPs CC is going to Amorilas?

Stewart said Wednesday that Scott & Crew would stay with #10 team.

Later that same day, Zipadelli said crew's having been decided.

They're sounding like a bunch politicians more everyday ;)

"may end up somewhere else" if DP WAS going somewhere else, id be helpful have Billy on the box and brendan in her ear

Thanks MR E

Welp, I like your positive thinking but, I came to the conclusion months ago that she's retiring.And after watching her documentary the other night it put it in stone for me.

Welp, I like your positive thinking but, I came to the conclusion months ago that she's retiring.And after watching her documentary the other night it put it in stone for me.

I will hold out hope till the words retire come out of her mouth....MAN such sadness.

I wish there was a way to put Kurt in the 77 car, gosh he'd kick so much @ss in that ride. It does make you go hmmmmm like whats the hold up here?

I'd really like to see what Kurt could do with a new crew chief I like Tony Gibson but I don't see any other reason why he can't be just as good as the 4 car. Maybe Jason Ratcliff....

I think it is going to be tough for a lot of drivers coming off existing contracts to be confronted with the reality of how little they are worth monetarily to a team. Depending on where you're at in your career and how good a steward you've been it may be time to pack it in and do something else.

I'd really like to see what Kurt could do with a new crew chief I like Tony Gibson but I don't see any other reason why he can't be just as good as the 4 car. Maybe Jason Ratcliff....

Kurt has had a lot of crew chief's, plenty of different teams, manufacturers. Gone up down and sideways. He's a Busch

Kurt has had a lot of crew chief's, plenty of different teams, manufacturers. Gone up down and sideways. He's a Busch
I love Busches going up down and sideways

I wish there was a way to put Kurt in the 77 car, gosh he'd kick so much @ss in that ride. It does make you go hmmmmm like whats the hold up here?

I don't know if it's the WHOLE story, but I think much of it is as simple as until if and when Monster decides what it's going to do, Haas doesn't know how much he is willing to pay Kurt.

Gene is spending 2 or 3 fortunes in F1 and has Romaine Crashjean to show for it. Sooner or later even his cash runs out

Time is on Monsters side. I don't agree with it. Makes it almost impossible to get another sponsor and make all of the changes to be ready for next season I would think. And there is Bush's one win record this year also. His record is really dismal anyway. The last time he had over two wins a season was 2005

Lee Spencer said on sirius earlier that Kurt has a contract in front of him, he just has to decide whether or not its how he wants to sign it. She also said she had a team owner in cup call her the other day saying he wants to put together an all-star ride made up of drivers like Kenseth, Danica and others where they run the races they want to and go for the owners championship like teams do in NXS with cup drivers. She didn't know if the owners points would let them do it that way in cup, but she thought it was a noble idea.

Lee Spencer said on sirius earlier that Kurt has a contract in front of him, he just has to decide whether or not its how he wants to sign it. She also said she had a team owner in cup call her the other day saying he wants to put together an all-star ride made up of drivers like Kenseth, Danica and others where they run the races they want to and go for the owners championship like teams do in NXS with cup drivers. She didn't know if the owners points would let them do it that way in cup, but she thought it was a noble idea.
Now THIS I could get behind.

Is this the same Lee Spencer who said Brennan Poole was going Cup racing with RCR?

Back
Top Bottom